I need help with a certain products Surface Maps

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

I have this product... http://www.daz3d.com/talk-show-late-night-set-and-poses

And what I'd like to do is customize the lettering on the wall and desk or get rid of them entirely. The problem I'm having is that when I select the desk (for instance) and find the right section for the front fo the desk, the map doesn't show any lettering. I can change the wood grain or make it a different color but the letters are always there. Does anyone have any suggestions or experiance with this environment?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

They look to be 3D meshes that are parented to the desk and wall.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2017

I don't think there is any way to change the text.  You would have to create your own mesh in Blender or modify the surface textures in a graphics program depending on how you want the text to look.  You can hide everything, though. I've included a screenshot of where to find things in the scene file.  The text is split up into two separate scene objects and you need to turn off both, click on the eye next to them.  For the desk, select the desk and then find the fb_talkLogo(3) and the fb_Talk-Text(3).  Use the same process to turn off each of the each of the other instances of the text.  You'll have to select the parent and then find those same two objects.  They'll have the same name but with different numbers or no number at all in the case of the one on the one wall.

HideTalkLogoDesk.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 290K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Thank you sooo much! I have 3D Lettering I bought here in Daz and thought I'd try to use that on the back wall and see how it looked. Not having the lettering at all was my main concern. If my lettering works, great, if not, at least I don't have to contend with lettering I don't want. I didn't think to look in SCENE. Thanks for the point in the right direction!

• Glad I could help.  :)