Toon Generations - Head Morph Please

AngelAngel Posts: 1,204
edited January 2017 in Product Suggestions

I really like the toon generations product. However there is one thing I do not like not one bit. The lack of a head dial morph. I would like to dial in the head as I see fit. The head morph is SO extreame that no matter what character you apply it to they all end up looking identical. I know there are work around on my end but that is a lot and a lot of work that I shouldnt have to do as a paying customer. The baby body is adorable! I would love to apply it to some of my kid morphs. TG2 has great potential to be a stand alone additonal youth morph on top of the tooon package...that alone should be inspiration enough

Post edited by Angel on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    edited January 2017

That is true. There are controls to shape the faces indivually for TG2 but I don't know if it includes all the shaping morphs such that you could use those morphs to dial in the TG2 heads without using the entire TG2 morph slider. You should write Steve at 3DU.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

I stopped buying their products after the first I got that had no head morph.

• AngelAngel Posts: 1,204

Yeah its really needed. Especialy on extreame morphs.

edited January 2017

Yeah its really needed. Especialy on extreame morphs.

Well I tried loading Genesis 3 Male & dialing in TG2 and then selecting the head of G3M only and 'Zero Selected Shape(s)' from the D|S menu but that doesn't do anything like one might hope. 

You can dial in the body and neck but part by part...it's slower but it works.

how do i dial the body and neck part by part?

edited January 2017

Well! It's only the Head & Face you can dial in but not exactly!

Sorry I remembered wrong. However if you own the DAZ Original Body Morphs you can still get close to the TG2 small TG2 body look and I think that's what you wanted and then dial in your own unique toon style face head combining other settings.

These below are actually the only ones available individually to dial in and they can't be used in any combination to dial a the TG2 face exactly but they can create a good style toon face by themselves in moderation (eg : Chin Gone at 100% makes a mess if you don't have TG2 dialed in, but lesser values of it work)

Head Shaping - Grass Green sliders (Chin Gone, Ear Pixie 01, ..., Nose Size)

Face Shaping - Baby Blue FSL Extended Family sliders (Male Jaw 01, ..., Male Jaw 03) 

Eyes Shaping - Baby Blue FSL Extended Family sliders

NoseShaping - Baby Blue FSL Extended Family sliders

Mouth Shaping - Baby Blue FSL Extended Family sliders

Also, there are preset shapes from FSL under Content Library - Library - People - Genesis 3 Female or Genesis 3 Male - Shapes 

which is what I was remembering when I said you could 'dial in a face' by itself.

Still, FSL, include no presets to dial in a toon body & leave the head alone either.

edited January 2017

Well! It's only the Head & Face you can dial in but not exactly!

Sorry I remembered wrong. However if you own the DAZ Original Body Morphs you can still get close to the TG2 small TG2 body look and I think that's what you wanted and then dial in your own unique toon style face head combining other settings.

These below are actually the only ones available individually to dial in and they can't be used in any combination to dial a the TG2 face exactly but they can create a good style toon face by themselves in moderation (eg : Chin Gone at 100% makes a mess if you don't have TG2 dialed in, but lesser values of it work)

Head Shaping - Grass Green sliders (Chin Gone, Ear Pixie 01, ..., Nose Size)

Face Shaping - Baby Blue FSL Extended Family sliders (Male Jaw 01, ..., Male Jaw 03) 

Eyes Shaping - Baby Blue FSL Extended Family sliders

NoseShaping - Baby Blue FSL Extended Family sliders

Mouth Shaping - Baby Blue FSL Extended Family sliders

Also, there are preset shapes from FSL under Content Library - Library - People - Genesis 3 Female or Genesis 3 Male - Shapes 

which is what I was remembering when I said you could 'dial in a face' by itself.

Still, FSL, include no presets to dial in a toon body & leave the head alone either.

Yeah I don't get it. Cause I loved how little ones had a seprate dial. That helped me a lot in getting the right measurements for my end game goal. I just don't see why Vendors add a feature, then remove a feature then re-add it on another set and then remove it... I mean.. This isnt exactly tecnilogical progress. I'm not even kidding you, if I was in charge of the Daz HQ. It would be against the rules to sell a product without seprate dials. They have aother rules for vendors that make less sense. It's not impossible to make a cute adorable actor. But the morph is so extreame that even at 10% its almost complete canceling out my other morphs. This was the best I could do so far. Not that shes horrible, but if I could dial the head in to where I want. I can get it to get along with my other morphs, without deforming the body.

LuuLuu.jpg
    1600 x 1800 - 477K
    Post edited by Angel on

Oh, maybe you can use X2 products to transfers Kids 4++ to Genesis 3?

• It's probably a matter of the toon character being dialed in as a full character rather than it being a morph set as is usually the case with most G3 morph sets. I do this with my own characters most times as a full body morph rather than separating the morphs into a head an body morph separately as most of my morphs are meant to be dialed in as a full "character". There are tricks to get around this in DS of course, but as you already stated they are kind of tricky.

This is kind of technical but there are ways to have morphs affect only certain parts of the body by using the geometry editor.

Video here explains how to remove parts of morphs: 

It's probably a matter of the toon character being dialed in as a full character rather than it being a morph set as is usually the case with most G3 morph sets. I do this with my own characters most times as a full body morph rather than separating the morphs into a head an body morph separately as most of my morphs are meant to be dialed in as a full "character". There are tricks to get around this in DS of course, but as you already stated they are kind of tricky.

This is kind of technical but there are ways to have morphs affect only certain parts of the body by using the geometry editor.

Video here explains how to remove parts of morphs: 

Thanks

Thank you so much for that tip. i'll try.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Angel - Wings you could also try just adding a bit of Toon Generation2 to your character , and when the head tips to the too large use the propagating dial to shrink it back down ....