Using symmetry on morphing python

Hi there,

I've spent a little time tweaking the morphing python bit by bit to get the coil just right, only to realize that I'd coiled in the wrong way. Doh! Is there any advice on using the symmetry tool to change the pose so it coils in the other direction? (it would save me lots of time, and hair)

Thanks everybody

Comments

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited January 2017

If you're talking about the Poser Symmetry "Swap Left & Right", that's not going to work because swap only works with the arms & legs and does not reverse the torso. DS may or may not be more useful.

I'm a poser user, but I think this would work for DS too. I would write a program that scanned the pose file and found all the pertinent parameters and reversed theie sign. Unfortunately, you can't just reverse everything, you have to reverse some things and nt others. For instance, you would want to reverse the "side-to-side" & "Twist" bends but not the "bend (up-down)" bend.

I do have an old freebie python script (May not work in the newest poser and definately wont in DS) that you could look at for ideas

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited January 2017

Its actually still available at renderosity.

Python: Swap full pose by ockham

Post edited by pwiecek on
  • FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888

Symmetry in DS is easy. Shift + Y brings up the symmetry window. I don't know what the Mac key strokes are, so my apologies. Select the hip bone before you bring up the symmetry window, and for Nodes select Root, Propogation select Recursive, Direction select Swap Left and Right, Trunk Nodes select Mirror Y & Z and then click Accept and viola'! Your python pose is reversed.