Shoulder looks '... Jaggy' . . . How to make it smoother?

Hiya

After FAR too long just tinkering, i decided to bite the bullet and get a decent graphis card (GTX980), create a proper scene, and actually render it.

So, after learning a little bit about Iray... and lights, the other week I actually done it... my first proper scene and render. . . Yay !  :)

Anyway, looking at the top of her shoulder, it looks kinda... jaggy? i.e flat lines instead of a smooth curve.

Is there a way in Daz that i can make it smoother?. . . I know i could postwork after rendering, but i really REALLY want to keep this and any future renders postwork free.

Also, does anybody have decent Iray settings for the hair? (The model is V4 and the hair is the basic Flexy Hair).

The full image has boobs in it so here is a slightly cut down version

Thanks

http://gixerp.deviantart.com/art/and-So-The-Wait-Ends-653570166

Image1.jpg
820 x 650 - 36K

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888

What model did you use?

• gixerpgixerp Posts: 37

V4. . . and Flexy Hair

V4 is the only model i have anything for (99% of it free stuff. . . hundreds of my own morphs and settings). I just couldnt afford the time to re-do it all again for genesis or newer models :)

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,888

You know that Genesis has a V4 legacy morph and all of V4's outfits can be transferred to Genesis 1/2/3? It takes little to no time to convert those. And I believe there's a way to convert your V4 characters to Genesis. Not sure about Genesis 2 or 3.

The only thing that I can think of to quickly soften those areas is to pop a deformer on V4's left collar, scale the area of influence and then move the deformer until you get a shape you like.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,191
    edited January 2017

You could convert to SubD - but if you are using Iray you have to set the Render Subdivision level, and that's expensive (every level quadruples the polygon count, but because you are interested in the outline each level will only double the segments). Edit>Figure>Convert to SubD, then adjust the settings in the Editor tab of the Parameters pane under Mesh Resolutiion.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • gixerpgixerp Posts: 37

Thank you both. . . . I will try both suggestions and see what method produces the best result combined with ease of use :)

I have breifly looked into converting to Genesis... but I wasnt able to convert my own morphs... and I have hundreds of em :)

Thank you both again