Carrara make me tired.

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I dont know what's happened with carrara but i think there is big problems. When i try to import some of characters from dazstudio like victoria 4 or 5, carrara write "An error as occured" and stop working, this in 8.1.1 and with the last beta. I never can import a genesis character and cant find a tutorial to do this, does not work better if i try importing duf or from content menu,"An error as occured".
I reinstall all my system 2 times now, really a hard work to reinstall everythings from dazstudio and carrara, more than 100 times to click and click again on installers, would be good too if we can install in one time all what we have buying for years.
Would be good if we can find tutorials others than ultra basic in one place.
Maybe i dont understand something but smart content never works for me.
Carrara still working if i dont try to input lots of characters i buy.
I have no problem to import characters from poser.
Am i the only one with these problems ?
I'm on mac 10.6.8.

Comments

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Carrara 8.1 was out before studio 4 and genesis there for can't use genesis or read DUF. That would be the carrara 8.5 beta.

So basically you wasted a lot of time reinstalling items carrara 8.1 can't use. Carrara can use the mil 4 figures straight from the studio runtime, just add it to your carrara browser. No need to run any of it through studio.

• edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Carrara 8.1 was out before studio 4 and genesis there for can't use genesis or read DUF. That would be the carrara 8.5 beta.

So basically you wasted a lot of time reinstalling items carrara 8.1 can't use. Carrara can use the mil 4 figures straight from the studio runtime, just add it to your carrara browser. No need to run any of it through studio.

I understand this, for c8.1 i dont speak about genesis, of course.

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Maybe instead of trying to solve problems with two versions of the software, why not start with the production build of C8.1 or whatever it is. Assuming Carrara is installed, what do you see when you open the program?

It also might help to know if you have the standard or the Pro version of Carrara.

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

Sorry you're having troubles, bud.
    Let's sort this out for you - and, you're right. We should type up a little "Welcome to Genesis meets Carrara" article and have it 'stickied'.

Okay, here we go:

For now, since I don't use Daz Studio, let's get you going in Carrara.
    I also don't like (or use) Smart Content.
    Instead, let's find our Daz Studio products in the "Content" tab.

In the Carrara 8.5 beta (the one with a "Smart Content" tab), Open a new medium scene.

Go to the "Content" tab in the browser.

Check out the new folder there called "My Library".

You must understand that this is beta software, so you'll see folders that just don't mean anything to Carrara. As a result, they will be empty.
    For Daz People in this folder, we want to open the "People" folder.

"People" is where you'll find Genesis, and any other clothing, hair and props that you've purchased. I don't really use Daz Studio, so I don't know if V4 and M4 are in this tab... but Genesis stuff is all in the "People" area.

"animals" is where you'll find the Dragon

Try looking around at different places to find something you want to load.

Genesis takes a while to load the first figure. Be patient - it almost seems like Carrara has locked up when you load in Genesis - but it didn't. Just wait for it.

I'll be back. Feel free to ask anything. I want to know if we're getting where you want.

• edited December 1969

This is with last beta ....172
    Idem with official version.

Maybe images speaks better than my english.

Capture_d’écran_2012-12-30_à_00.29_.48_.png
    822 x 915 - 310K
    Capture_d’écran_2012-12-30_à_00.28_.26_.png
    835 x 903 - 287K
    Capture_d’écran_2012-12-30_à_00.23_.58_.png
    807 x 798 - 292K
    Capture_d’écran_2012-12-30_à_00.20_.14_.png
    620 x 798 - 109K
  • edited December 1969

Let's sort this out for you - and, you're right. We should type up a little "Welcome to Genesis meets Carrara" article and have it 'stickied'.

Okay, here we go:

In the Carrara 8.5 beta (the one with a "Smart Content" tab), Open a new medium scene.

You must understand that this is beta software, so you'll see folders that just don't mean anything to Carrara. As a result, they will be empty.

"People" is where you'll find Genesis, and any other clothing, hair and props that you've purchased. I don't really use Daz Studio, so I don't know if V4 and M4 are in this tab... but Genesis stuff is all in the "People" area.

Genesis takes a while to load the first figure. Be patient - it almost seems like Carrara has locked up when you load in Genesis - but it didn't. Just wait for it.

I'll be back. Feel free to ask anything. I want to know if we're getting where you want.

Thank you, but has you see my problem is a crash if i try to open a genesis file in 8.5. That's why i reinstall all my system but the problem stay. I dont use dazstudio but install it to be sure having everythings working in carrara but, no way..

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Do you have the crashing with 8.1?

edited December 1969

I was having the same problem, not long ago.
    I went to the store and got Daz Studio 4.5 Pro (can't remember if I just reset the download? I think I actually had to buy the new Free 4.5 version - can't remember)
    I reinstalled that, and made sure that I reinstalled all of my Genesis content - sounds like you did already.

The hardest part about this whole beta period, for me, has been to make sure that DS was at its very latest version. Because THAT is what contains the main files that Carrara 8.5 beta, version 172 is looking for, and can use.

I am relatively certain that it is a problem with having the proper versions installed. I know it can be frustrating, but to help - look at all of the numbers at the end of your installation file. I find that I am using Daz Studio 4 Version 4.5.0.26 (64 Bit). But I am on 64 Bit Windows 7, and I don't know anything about Mac OS. Just make sure that the one you are installing is the absolute latest version available.
    probably sound like a broken record... sorry mate.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, try scrolling through earlier forums. Look for subjects regarding: "Trying to get Genesis to work" or "Carrara 8.5 beta", etc., I recall finding a lot of information, simply by stopping by the Carrara forums and having a read - even if I'm just reading... it's amazing what you'll find in here!

Let us know how it goes

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Looks like CMS isn't running.

edited December 1969

Well, I shut down (uninstall) CMS and just use the Content tab. Carrara doesn't need CMS unless you want the smart content to work - well... work the way it works.

• edited December 1969

Okay, here we go:

You was right, i reset many times dazstudio but the download was the old one, i go to the shop to buy the free dazstudio and everythings is ok now. So for the first time i can see it working. i dont know why daz dont do an auto upgrade program and maybe better information because all time we have to search for hours to find something, the new serial for beta...etc...

Thank you for your great help.