Realistic Beach

I could really use a realistic beach with sky and ocean. There are several in the store, but they don't have the realism that can be achieved in IRAY. Would like a sandy beach scene. 

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited January 2017

Which ones are the 3DL ones?  I could use a realistic 3DL beach, but from the promos of ones I vaguely recall seeing in the past it appears there could be issues where the water meets the sand.

Post edited by sriesch on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

I haven't found a realistic beach in the store yet for either renderer. There are several, but they don't hold up to close up shots, in my opinon.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

I'm pretty fond of http://www.daz3d.com/da-palm-island

Granted, one potential downside is that it's not hugely configurable, though there are a lot of places you can set up a scene.

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,312

DA Palm Island has the best beaches I know - for Iray and 3DL.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

You probably want to replace those palms in da-palm-island, otherwise it looks OK.

If you want something configuarable you probably whant to download Unity Free and then buy the Gaia product asset from the Unity Asset Store for $40. And then you want to buy the DAE Exporter for Unity to export the scene you make for another $20.

You may decide that is more work and money that you want to spend but you will be able to make and export terrains from Unity to DAZ Studio whether mountains or whether beaches once you do so. Eventually that's what I'm going to do, although truthfully, I'll probably be exporting DAZ characters to Unity, especially when the Octane Renderer becomes available in Unity for free.

One other product you might also consider is TerreSculptor Pro which will set you back anout $70. He is working on tutorials that will allow you to take USA and other government GIS map data into TerreSculptor Pro, prepare it for Unity 3D, and in Unity 3D you'd prepare it how you like most easily using Gaia (there are other free ways but they are much more work), and then export the scene with the DAE exporter.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

You know, come to think of it, Terradome might work. I'll have to play with it. At least one morph is 'archipelago.'

I just don't know how good the TD3 shaders are for beaches.