Moving G3F Hip/Pelvis WITHOUT moving Feet

Hi everyone. Been trying to figure this out and getting extremely annoyed.

How do you get genesis 3 females hip/pelvis to move around without moving the feet off the ground?

Trying to keep the feet in the same position and move the hips sideways or forward and backwards. I've used PINs on the toes and feet, still moves. I've tried the universal tool and the active pose tool, feet still move. Tried turning inverse k on and off, the feet still move.

I'm not talking just a little movement of the feet, the whole lower body moves!!!!!!!

Is there another way to lock the feet to the floor??

Thanks in advance

Tim

Comments

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

I use the active pose tool, set to 'pin at both', pin the feet then use the active pose tool to grab the pelvis and drag it where I need it. If you switch to a different tool the active pose pins will not work, must use active pose tool only with active pose pins. You might also try selecting your figure and in the parameters tab turning off the limits, sometimes depending on the figures current pose limits can cause the figure to fight you when youre trying to pose it, twisting in odd directions, moving jerkily, etc. That might account for the whole lower body moving, which shouldnt happen. But the pins only work so well, if you are trying to move too far they wont hold.

• Okay, so where did I find the activepose pins? Are those different than the other pins?

I can see the pins on the toes/feet etc when I have any of the other tools (Universal, Rotate, Translate, Scale) active, but not when i have the "activepose tool" selected.

Playing around with it some more, with just the toes pinned and using the Universal tool it seems to be working okay, feet/toes still move about some even with both pins (Translation, Rotation) pinned.

Thanks!

• edited January 2017

Alright, finally got it to work/look almost right... I pinned the feet down to the heel (9 items, did not select the seconday toes as that seemed to mess it up) and was able to move the hips decently with the universal tool. This is a 31 frame animation with some additional arm movement and an eye blink added. Rendered in Iray without scene lights. A little choppy around the edges...

Thanks to http://gifmaker.me/ for their easy to use gif maker web service. I set the animation speed to 75 milliseconds to get the approximate timing down.

postimage

Click image to open in a new window. Hosted at postimg.org

Post edited by shadowolf73_29ba64b419 on

The active pose pins are in the tool settings pane. Yes they are different from the universal tool pins (and they are red instead of purple, and they persist through saves which I find very handy). Go to windows/panes and open that tab then dock it somewhere, you should be using it constantly with the active psoe tool. Sorry probably should have mentioned that.

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897

I use pins all the time in constructing my poses. It's one of DS's little secrets, as I find not a lot of people are aware of them. Or even how to use them. I hadn't thought to use them in conjunction with the tool settings pane, though. I usually just select them from the top left of the viewport with the bone I want to pin selected. Then I move the hip or pelvis as needed. It also works well on hands if you need to move the body but want to keep the hands in a certain location. It's not perfect, mind you, and you'll have to do some adjusting, but I think it produces a more natural looking pose in the end.

There are however, I have found a few little glitches in the DS 4.9 and the pinning system, so be aware that there are bugs. But they're easy to work around.

• gederix said:

The active pose pins are in the tool settings pane. Yes they are different from the universal tool pins (and they are red instead of purple, and they persist through saves which I find very handy). Go to windows/panes and open that tab then dock it somewhere, you should be using it constantly with the active psoe tool. Sorry probably should have mentioned that.

Thanks Gederix for the tips. Ended up finding this daz3d tutorial that explains it and also about setting up a hotkey so you don't have to bounce back and forth to the tool settings panel:

Much appreciated! Also, very nice drow artwork :) Is that supposed to be Orcus that they summoned?

• FeralFey said:

I use pins all the time in constructing my poses. It's one of DS's little secrets, as I find not a lot of people are aware of them. Or even how to use them. I hadn't thought to use them in conjunction with the tool settings pane, though. I usually just select them from the top left of the viewport with the bone I want to pin selected. Then I move the hip or pelvis as needed. It also works well on hands if you need to move the body but want to keep the hands in a certain location. It's not perfect, mind you, and you'll have to do some adjusting, but I think it produces a more natural looking pose in the end.

There are however, I have found a few little glitches in the DS 4.9 and the pinning system, so be aware that there are bugs. But they're easy to work around.

Thanks FeralFey, 

I had used the other pins before with with the genesis 2 figures but the genesis 3 female seemed to react differently, basically the pins not seeming to work at all when moving the hip/pelvis. Perhaps that's  one of the bugs you mention. Knowing about the other pins now, G3F hip/pelvis movement is much easier to use the activepose tool with and seems to follow, as long as it is side to side or back and forth. However the entire lower body still moves if trying to pivet/twist the hips/pelvis. Any suggestions for that?

Thanks!

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897

Yeah, pinning the hip on G3 in DS 4.9 will not work, which I find highly annoying. But, I've adjusted my workflow and now I don't even  hassle with pinning it.  I didn't even know about the pelvis having the same issue until you mentioned it here. (I only move the pelvis after the feet are pinned, so I never even thought to check to see if it did the same thing.) Interesting. Since both the hip AND the pelvis do this, I think I need to go bug some folk and see if they knows anything about it. 

• FeralFey said:

There are extra options you can select in the Tool Settings pane for the Active Pose Tool.  I don't know of any other place to get access to those settings other than the Tool Settings pane.  You can control how the pins behave and you can adjust how stiff you want the bones in there as well.

Yah keyboard shortcutting is cool and I am a huge proponent of shortcuts but you should at least be aware that you can adjust the pinning action in the tool settings pane. Mainly I switch it to pin at both for maximum pinning but sometimes either origin or end works better.

For rotating the hips sometimes it is possible to twist them using the thighs (pin the thighs at 'end/origin' would be handy here, you want the knee imobilized as much as possible but the upper thigh free to move, I mention both because Im not sure which would pin just the knee off the top of my head, Im guessing 'end'). It would indeed be nice if there was an active pose rotation tool.

And yes, that was a riff on Orcus, I call him Porcus.

• When I'm posing, I usually end up using a method with the ActivePose, the Tool Settings pane with the ActivePose and using the transform tool and the Parameter tab.  Sometimes I'll even use PowerPose for some things.  It might be a little bit unorthodox to use all of those methods but it suits me and really speeds up my posing which I need for the poses I've been doing lately that involve posing multiple figures together with interactive poses.

Same, mainly I use active pose/tool settings in conjunction with the parameters tab dials, with a bit of powerpose when I think it might give me a more natural look, and once in a while I find a pose that I could only manage with the universal purple pins. Basically whatever I think will work best in a given situation. The more tools the merrier.

• Thanks everyone for your tips and hints. Unfortunately been too busy to even play with daz this past week.