Bryce Future?

Shadowhawk70Shadowhawk70 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I am sure it is in here somewhere but I was wonder if anything is known about a future Bryce release... I would love to dump Vue but it just seems like not much is going on with Bryce right now.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

Bryce 7.1 was released 16 months ago. We are still figuring out how to use all the new features we've got. Bryce 7.1 Pro is still free. As long as you're not on a Mac with OS > 10.6, Bryce works a treat. Vegetation support seems to be still better in Vue.

• jorge dorlandojorge dorlando Posts: 1,156
    edited December 1969

I wish developers bryce, would create plugin / script / module for effects of wind.
    wind that could swing trees, grass and the like;
    and also would like to import animations from poser bryce.
    That would leave bryce "fuller".

• Shadowhawk70Shadowhawk70 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Horo said:
    Bryce 7.1 was released 16 months ago.

I know that much... I was on of the fools that actually paid for Bryce 7 pro when it came out. I bought the tutorial dvd made by one of the people here but it was really hard to follow so I avoided using Bryce. Also the fact that it was still only 32 bit and didn't support incremental saves which made long renders risky.

I was thinking of trying again but am torn because I also own Carrara and am wondering if my time is better spent on that.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

I know that much... I was on of the fools that actually paid for Bryce 7 pro when it came out. I bought the tutorial dvd made by one of the people here but it was really hard to follow so I avoided using Bryce. Also the fact that it was still only 32 bit and didn't support incremental saves which made long renders risky.

I was thinking of trying again but am torn because I also own Carrara and am wondering if my time is better spent on that.

I think that very much depends on which piece of software you get on with and what your goals are. Like DS it might be easier to get good results out of Carrara than it is out of Bryce - which can be somewhat eccentric in the way it goes about things. But that being said, I've never enjoyed using either DS or Carrara. If I was in the position of needing to produce professional results, of a good standard, in a limited time scale I'd choose Bryce because it is good for cobbling things together quickly. Rendering quickly... not so good. Beyond a certain point though, the limitations of the render engine come into play and no piece of software is perfect. So neither may be a good choice in the end. Depending on what that end is.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 2012

The best program is the one you know how to use. At a wild guess, I'd say that the average user knows 10% of the program used - no matter whether we talk about text editors, 2D or 3D or whatever programs. Usually, a user is quite happy with that limited knowledge because all can be done that he/she wants. If you want go beyond that, there is always a steep learning curve. The interface of some programs suit a particular user more than another. I purchased all Carrara versions from 3 to 8 and Studio from 0.8 to 4.5. A lot of money wasted because I'm obviously too dumb to get to grips with the interfaces. I find the Bryce interface very straight forward but others hate it. There are almost no limits what can be done with Bryce - though it is not always obvious how to tackle a certain effect. I would be surprised if this is different with any other program.

I wish developers bryce, would create plugin / script / module for effects of wind.
    wind that could swing trees, grass and the like;
    and also would like to import animations from poser bryce.
    That would leave bryce "fuller".

You're definitely not the only one thinking along those lines.

Post edited by Horo on
  • LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Horo said:

As far as I know there is only one tutorial DVD for Bryce 7 Pro and it was made by two people not one. You've been talking with one and the other weighed in on your question. If you found it hard to follow it might be a good idea to expand on that as they are working on a 2nd DVD and they would likely be interested in knowing if they could make it easier to follow and if so how.