Terrains Free! Merry XMas and Happy New Year! (Links Fixed!)

scott_4e0b772ae4scott_4e0b772ae4 Posts: 50
edited December 2012 in Freebies

Free terrains!
Get 'em while supplies last!
Terrains!

Have a Merry XMas and a happy New Year!

The links are fixed! No more third party asking for sign ins.
PS. Read the .txt file for best use in DAZ Studio.

Post edited by scott_4e0b772ae4 on

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the thought. Seems the redirects redirect, keep redirecting ... is there a download button that actually downloads?

• AeonicBAeonicB Posts: 165
    edited December 1969

Oh nice! Thanks! :D

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the thought. Seems the redirects redirect, keep redirecting ... is there a download button that actually downloads?

What browser are you using?

They are on Skydrive (M$), so if it isn't IE, you'll have to jump through hoops to get them...

In NoScript that means at least Live.com and wlxrs.com need to be allowed.

edited December 2012

mjc1016 said:

What browser are you using?

They are on Skydrive (M$), so if it isn't IE, you'll have to jump through hoops to get them...

In NoScript that means at least Live.com and wlxrs.com need to be allowed.

thank you ... thing is they were both allowed. Yes it's FF. And I was certain that somebody else had something there a few months back and there was a download link on the sidebar, didn't have to sign in.
    Tonight every link I try is just going over to the sign up page to open my own acct, which isn't how one downloads anything, so ???

Just a puzzle I guess. Everytime I go near a Microsoft site with IE it goes nuts trying to get "live" everything that exists, not tonight.

then2.png
    700 x 369 - 65K
    then.png
    785 x 653 - 52K
    I_get_this_far.png
    698 x 272 - 19K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

I hate Skydrive for that very reason...being on Linux, I don't have the option to pop over to IE if nothing else works...

Heck, I can't get in with IE...dang, I wish I could remember my old Hotmail login...

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

It keeps asking me to register or sign in too. I don't have an account and don't want one, so unfortunately I can't download them.

• scott_4e0b772ae4scott_4e0b772ae4 Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

Sorry.

Damn, I can't even give this stuff away.

Alright, I will look for a better storage location for these files today. I didn't realize an MS account was necessary to download.
    Again, sorry about the trouble.

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

ShareCG :)

edited December 1969

ShareCG it is. It will take me a little while to get everything together (images & file uploads).

• GeroblueJimGeroblueJim Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Free sites at http://www.cwahi.net/ as well. I know they are about to have domains and some accounts there are over 100 gigabytes.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Thnx and happy holidays to you.

edited December 1969

I have fixed the links on my site. No more third party sign in. Click the name of the item you want and the download will begin.

Someone please do me a favor and report back whether or not everything with the downloads works properly. Thanks!
    And, feel free to post pictures - I'd love to see what you do with your new terrain.

edited December 2012

Thank you very much!

Downloaded the files I wanted with no problems :-)

edit to add a quick test render. [laptop not into hours of rendering anything]

Image in background was another quick render I had available, and a few tubes in PSP4.

Works well, thanks.

thank_you.png
    600 x 600 - 530K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • edited December 1969

Now that the links are fixed, I was able to download the files of interest with no problems.

Thanks!

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much mudpuddle. These terrains are awesome and really fill a nitch that will allow people to add some close ups of nice solid rock. I hope you continue to keep them available cause I plan on using them in my renders in the monthly freebie contest. So the below pic is rendered with DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro using Uberlighting. I used your height map as a bump. It is a really pretty model. Thanks again.

Roughterains.jpg
    618 x 800 - 374K
    edited December 1969

You're Welcome (to all) :-)
    Happy that these terrains will be useful.

• PhoenixdrachePhoenixdrache Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much and Happy Holidays! :)