The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,380
    edited December 1969

I already have an ulcer so its to late for me. Decaf? That's sacrilege.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited January 2013

Yesterday, I wasn't able to boot my computer because I left a disc in the DVD-rom drive. Opps. The computer is set to boot from the DVD drive if there is a disc inside the drive.

I think my DVD drive is dirty or going bad. I cannot watch movies or use data CDs. I'm going to try cleaning the lens first before I spend $30 USD on a new PATA drive. I checked the BIOS date of my computer and saw that it dates from November of 2005.

I'm going to learn how to use Photoshop CS. The toolbars look simple to use, but the menu looks harder to use. I need to add a background to my render.

Adobe.jpg
    514 x 543 - 83K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I already have an ulcer so its to late for me. Decaf? That's sacrilege.

Yeah, but currently I live on Tums when I'm in "stressed mode", so switching to decaf *might* take the edge off my nerves, with a corresponding loss of productivity! :ahhh: Can't write software without caffeine! :gulp:

Ugh on the ulcer, that sucks. :down:

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:

apronned Mikey in a kitchen with a spatula - tee hee

Sounds like a twisted version of a murder from the game Clue (Cluedo for some of those who live across the waves). :lol:

Miss Scarlet with Kernel Mustard in the Conservatory? tee hee

edited December 1969

went to a PWE presentation. they had snacks out so it wasn't so bad.

trying to think of substitute words of frustration exclamation? like ... cheezitts

CHEEZITTS! sort of satisfying

edited December 1969

Ha, just grabbed a couple of items out of my Daz, Rendo, and RDNA wishlists. Slowly but surely! :bug:

Also ordered a RAM upgrade for my tablet, going to max it out at 4GB. I love it! It runs my novel writing software, has a real (and good) keyboard, is light and will last 7 hours with the wireless off (I tested it myself). :)

I still need to upgrade the i5 system to 8GB, it's going to become my main rendering machine. 8GB for stills (movie posters/book art/album art/pinups/erotic renders/horror renders) should be fine. I just need to strip it down a bit, it loads a lot of Bluetooth stuff and I have no Bluetooth devices! :bug:

Lunch soon.. baked potato and cheddar soup! Sure, from a can, but it's still good! :cheese:

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

@ps1borg: I have no idea actually XD
    It's so heavy that I've never really been able to hang it on my wall properly, so I just keep it as an ornamental thingy rather than a timepiece :)

Rezca said:
    Vue xStream or Lightwave, can't get both (Right away that is...) and I have until the end of the week to decide which to get e3e

Tough call. Don't you already have C4D? I'd think Lightwave would be redundant, I'd go for Vue instead to get all the fancy landscaping and ecosystem stuff anyone could possibly want. Just my two Euros worth... :)

Well the idea "Every program has it's strengths" comes to mind... And NewTek is offering the most recent version of Poser Pro for free along with it (Which makes it a $2000 somthing deal for the price of just Lightwave)
    Might be a bit redundant yes, and the interface isn't as pretty as Cinema's, but it's modeling :O
    It's fur/hair seemed slightly easier to use than Cinema's (Besides which I don't have Studio since the trial period expired so I can't USE hair in C4D now)

edited January 2013

Rezca said:
    It's so heavy that I've never really been able to hang it on my wall properly, so I just keep it as an ornamental thingy rather than a timepiece :)

Rezca said:
    Vue xStream or Lightwave, can't get both (Right away that is...) and I have until the end of the week to decide which to get e3e

Tough call. Don't you already have C4D? I'd think Lightwave would be redundant, I'd go for Vue instead to get all the fancy landscaping and ecosystem stuff anyone could possibly want. Just my two Euros worth... :)

Well the idea "Every program has it's strengths" comes to mind... And NewTek is offering the most recent version of Poser Pro for free along with it (Which makes it a $2000 somthing deal for the price of just Lightwave)
    Might be a bit redundant yes, and the interface isn't as pretty as Cinema's, but it's modeling :O
    It's fur/hair seemed slightly easier to use than Cinema's (Besides which I don't have Studio since the trial period expired so I can't USE hair in C4D now)

Ahhh, gotcha. Well, LW is certainly (pretty) affordable. Last LW version I used was LW7, I liked it a lot but never ended up getting a copy (used one of the artists machines at the game studio I was working at back then). Modeler definitely ROCKS, or did! And I like the particle systems, very easy to use but deep.

And PPro 2012 for free? D A N G! :bug: :bug: What a deal! I love PPro 2012, with SSS you can get some pretty darn good results out of Firefly (the Poser renderer).

Ugh, back to "tough choice". :-S

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Rezca said:

you can always download the lightwave trail and give it a whirl,

edited January 2013

Rareth said:

you can always download the lightwave trail and give it a whirl,

Already did. It expired months ago =P
    I spent about twenty minutes with it during the entire 30 days I was able to use it. Story of my life with pretty much every 30-day trial thing - I download them and then never use it XD
    I get distracted too easy, and my mind wanders too much. Is why I think I'm wasting my time, money, and life with this 3D hobby - I have the tools but don't do crap with them =/

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited January 2013

woe noes snows. the appropriate weather for some snow bikini renders. and a whip-cream bikini.

Kravitz, " wanna fly away, yay ayy yeah. want to get away "

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Pretty bird :D

5446606183_bc444dcc38_o.jpg
    603 x 600 - 57K
    edited December 1969

Pretty birdy

edited December 1969

Pretty Bird! :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:

It got up to 48f with mild wind so I went out and got a BURGER MADE WITH CHEESE AND DEAD PIG! :coolsmile: :cheese:

Stuffed now, need a nap.... snzzzzz...

Oh, I know all about the 3D hobby thing. :blank: I have nearly 100GB of content I merely toy with, crank out throwaway renders, weird meaningless stuff, or just "proof of concept" renders. Sad. I could stop buying content this instant and not run of of raw material for scenes for.. well, until I dropped dead.

I don't use Carrara any more, or Daz Studio, or Hexagon, or Bryce. Sad. I dropped it all to focus on PPro 2012, to see if my productivity improved (obviously not). >:-(

I've spent today telling myself I don't need a shiny new toy to make me happy.. lol! But I'm filled with gear lust.. a new i7 system, a new Nashville Telecaster, more books on writing.. fercryingoutloud! I should be saving for a vacation to Australia or something!

My cash would be better spent on strippers, at least the experience could be used in what little writing I'm doing (heh). :smirk:

I *have* been writing more since I got the tablet, oddly enough. Scrivener runs perfectly, and I can stick it in my lap and crank away without distractions since NOTHING is installed on it but Media Player for music and Scrivener.

I'm really starting to feel that "one machine per purpose" is best for me, so I don't get distracted from one thing, by another that's right in my face... :-S

edited December 1969

woe noes snows. the appropriate weather for some snow bikini renders. and a whip-cream bikini.

Kravitz, " wanna fly away, yay ayy yeah. want to get away "

Bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :ahhh: :ahhh: :bug:

FROZEN WATER FROM THE SKY!!!! Run awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... :ahhh: :ahhh: :ahhh:

edited January 2013

Borscht?

ice chips were beating against my window last night. sky haz rhythm.

on the bright side, it's too cold and slippery to walk home from the bus stop. haz to take the taxi :)

CHEEZITTS. major candy craving. groan toffeefays, chocolate coconut clusters, malted milk balls. cravvvve omcz

Post edited by Mistara on
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Complaint: why are Magix-101's "The Dwelling" and "Trees and Skies Pak for Worldbase-XT" showing up in the new items list, between Stonemason's Mech Enforcer, and XP Pointblank's Nishta? (both definitely new items).

Have they been updated since release mid-December last year or something? o.0

edited December 1969

Borscht?

on the bright side, it's too cold and slippery to walk home from the bus stop. haz to take the taxi :)

CHEEZITTS. major candy craving. groan toffeefays, chocolate coconut clusters, malted milk balls. cravvvve omcz

Borscht actually sounds good, when it's this cold. I wonder if they sell it in cans at the grocery store? Or jars? :-S

I cook less since there are now 4 of us squabbling over the stove, feh. I'm just glad Austin has a lot of diabetic-friendly places to eat! :bug:

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Hot under a cloudless pale blue sky that seems to go forever beyond the rooftops outside my window :)

edited December 1969

Borscht?

Borscht actually sounds good, when it's this cold. I wonder if they sell it in cans at the grocery store? Or jars? :-S

I cook less since there are now 4 of us squabbling over the stove, feh. I'm just glad Austin has a lot of diabetic-friendly places to eat! :bug:

Borscht ? What in the hell is that? Never heard of it.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,823
    edited December 1969

Hungarian stew with beetroot, I think.

edited December 1969

some russian dish made with beats

edited December 1969

just for you tjohn

borscht.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 83K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    just for you tjohn

:ahhh: :lol:
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Complaint: SNOW!! 1" - 3"s in my neck of the woods. That's close the roads and hope the power stays on kind of stuff where I live. And of course I'm slap dab in the center of the 3" area. Piddle Sticks I say.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Borscht?

Try Sasha's at Rockwood and Anderson next time you're in the neighborhood. We used to always go there for KinderEggs, but the ban stopped that.

edited December 1969

No sign of snow here :lol:

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

..no sign of common sense here.

(after what just read on our local fishwrapper's website, during lunch today)

After all, guess we gotta "Keep Portland Weird".

(...and that saying actually started in Austin Texas so we aren't even original about it)

edited December 1969

Misread that as keep Portland beer.

This discussion has been closed.