Rendering Problem

Ok I just installed DAZ 4.5 Pro. and for some reason it will get half way done with the render and the it will crash.
I have no idea what is going on?

-Seth

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What OS are you uisng, and is it the 32 bit or 64 bit version? How much RAM do you have? What is in the scene you ar trying to render, number of characters, lights etc.

Have you looked at the log file, Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File, are there any error messages whne the render stops?

• edited December 1969

It says:DAZStudio .exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in Module "C:/ Programfile/DAZ3D/Dazstudio4/dz3delight.dll" at 0001B:0CFEE0E7 Dz3DelightDll::DSlo_DetailtoStr()+1488327byte(s)

This happened when I loaded in one of the morphs on to a V4.2 model and then tried to render? I have 2Gigs if Ram and 32bit XP Tri core and I have rendered a lot of stuff off of this box and this is the first time I have had any trouble.

edited December 1969

Can you render other scenes that you have? 2GB of RAM is very small indeed, considering that the OS takes a fair chunk of that.

You could try saving the scene before render,restart DAZ Studio, and that will clear out any memory that is being used by the application for textures etc. Then try to render it.

• edited December 1969

I have rendered a lot with it. and I have rendered other scenes. I think it was the morph I was using. I just rendered the scene with out the V4.2 model and it was fine. That was with all the props and lights and the animal model.

edited December 1969

You could try loading the V4 base, apply the morphs that you want to use, and save it as a Scene Subset.

You can then Merge that into your original scene, and it should take up a lot less memory, since only the morphs that are actually used are loaded. See if that works for you.

• edited December 1969

Just tried it and the morph keeps crashing Daz

edited December 1969

What morph is it? Is it a character morph you bought from another store?

Someone here may have it, and be able to advise you.

• StratDragonStratDragon Posts: 3,167
    edited December 1969

you could export the file as an .rib then render externally using standalone 3delight.
    If the render works then more than likely you've hit the wall with RAM. DS4.5 with 2GB RAM going to be a continual problem. Make sure you have any and all other apps closed and it wouldn't hurt to turn off some needless services in XP that are chewing on a good portion of your RAM pool as well.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What video card?

If you have an onboard video solution, that shares system memory...you are starting with a lot less than 2 GB. And that's before the OS takes any for itself.

• edited December 1969

It is the Angela morph that is giving me the problem I can render everything else. It is as soon as I add the morph is when DAZ crashes when I try to render.

• edited December 1969

GTX 275 with 1Gig Ram.

edited December 1969

It is the Angela morph that is giving me the problem I can render everything else. It is as soon as I add the morph is when DAZ crashes when I try to render.

I have the Angela morph by Morris, is that the one?

I reset my downloads, and installed it. I loaded V4 with the base morphs and Morphs++ (although not strictly necessary), and applied the morph. All went well, until I tried to apply the MAT for Angela. DS4.5 could not find the torso and Limb maps. I looked in the textures folder and they were not installed.

I reinstalled both installers to a Temp fiolder on my Desktop, checked the folder, and this time the files were there. I merged all of the textures into the correct folder in My Library, and the MAT loaded with no problems, and I was able to render it with no problems.

The installers I have are 11944_4_dpc_AngelaforS4V4_4.exe and 11944_3_dpc_AngelaforS4V4_3.exe, but they did not work properly the first time. Perhaps you should try to redownload them, reinstall, and see if that fixes the problem?

I don't remember ever having this problem with installers, and whether it was Win7, my PC, or something funny about the installer, I don't know, but it worked correctly the second time. Give that a try and see if it works for you.