Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Not to forgett the millennium cow. Sockratease would be the first to tell you that Cows need supersuits as well.

• DarlaSDarlaS Posts: 50
    edited December 1969

I should actually sit down and practice modeling and make a millennium cow for all of you. It might take a little bit but I will try to so. :-)

• NoctyrnusNoctyrnus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Not have cow but how about a super hare or buck?
    Hmmmm....or how about....Bondage Buck!!!? :coolgrin:

The 3D world will tremble at my powers of mental corruption when I've finished learning how to create objects, meshes and textures oh my!!.....wait....what's that? the 3D world is already corrupted? *Grumble* nobody ever tells me these things.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    NO Tigra texture I can find so I'm gonna breakout my skills and see what I can do on my on. I'm not new to texturing but this will push me some. I now have something to do today. It will be based on the Marvel style I've stolen off of thier own site.

That's the spirit! Glad that I could help! :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

I have slowed down a lot in posting. Maybe I am feeling a bit down.

I am making chili cheese fries. I have the fries in the oven. I have to warm up the chili and cheese in a bit.

edited December 1969

I made a Genesis catgirl.

She's going for a swim, and why not? She ain't got any fur! BOOOHOOOO, poor nekkid puttytat. :(

puttytat.png
    800 x 800 - 191K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Skiriki said:

She's going for a swim, and why not? She ain't got any fur! BOOOHOOOO, poor nekkid puttytat. :(

And the poor thing will stay naked a few more days. I forgot what a pain it was to hand texture V4. Whoever laid out that V4 UV map needs to be taken out and given a good thrashing. Makes me wish I had Blacksmith or one of the other paint on the character editors.

Gee... that's one STUPID UV texture map.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Skiriki said:

And the poor thing will stay naked a few more days. I forgot what a pain it was to hand texture V4. Whoever laid out that V4 UV map needs to be taken out and given a good thrashing. Makes me wish I had Blacksmith or one of the other paint on the character editors.

Export the shape as an .obj while you have slapped some overall color on it via diffuse, then open it in Photoshop CS5 (if you got it, dun recall if the earlier versions could deal with 3D objects). You can hand-paint the maps there...

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:
    Skiriki said:

Export the shape as an .obj while you have slapped some overall color on it via diffuse, then open it in Photoshop CS5 (if you got it, dun recall if the earlier versions could deal with 3D objects). You can hand-paint the maps there...
    No got it, my best 2D prg is PS Elements 10. I'm hoping to move upto the full PhotoShop this year.

At the rate I keep adding things to my I need list, like PhotoShop, and Vue 10 full, and DS4 Plugins still in the pipeline, and Carrara 8Pro I'm not going to have one cent left to buy content for any of them. That would really be STOOPID.

edited December 1969

My cheese went bad but my bacon is fresh (since I bought it about fifteen hours ago.

edited December 1969

If I recall correctly, Photoshop CS3 is the earliest that allows 3D but CS4 is when it became a real feature. Also I believe it requires the Extended editions to work directly with 3D like painting onto the model. My wife has CS5 and she can't work with 3D in it, I have CS5E and I can. Here's the catch, I can draw/sketch on paper but I suck using a mouse.

Here's stupid for ya, I have CS5E (no draw tablet), C8Pro, Vue 9 Complete & ZBrush 4R3 and I'm in the very early phases of learning these programs (among a few others) and I can't afford to buy content anymore or an art tablet. I've pretty much raided cgshare, renderosity and runtimedna as well as digital creations' freebies. Also I was one of the EA's for DS4Pro. Spent a small fortune for software without prior knowledge of how to use them. I'm determined to learn these progs and one day I too will be posting freebies for all.

edited December 1969

I am tired.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited June 2012

Jaderail said:
    I want to Thank one and all for listening to my troubles. I've derailed the thread for way to long. Time for something Stupid.

I'm in a RENDER RUT. For the life of me I can not seem to come up with a thing I want to Render. 140 gig's of content and nothing to do.
    I'm even bored trying to help new users with my little tips I've learned over the few years I've been at it. I have Time on my hands but
    nothing to do. That just seems SOOO Darn STUPID.

...you're in a Render rut?

I have

Daz Studio 2.3, 3.2Advanced, 4 and 4, Pro (both 32 and 64 bit versions)
    Poser 8 Poser Pro 2010, Poser Pro 2012 (64 bit versions of the latter two)
    Carrara 8Pro (32 & 64bit)
    Bryce 7.x Pro
    Blender 2.61
    Hexagon 2.1, 2.5
    TrueSpace 7.1

Something like 200+G of Daz/Poser/Carrara content and plugins, a good portion from the last MM sale which is still uninstalled.

For postwork:

PSPX3, PSPX4
    Gimp
    Inkscape
    Project Dogwaffle

...and the last totally new pic I posted was a couple months ago in the Jack Tomalin Appreciation Thread after I picked up Anderson Hall.

...been thrown a lot of curve balls by RL lately.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2012

Skiriki said:
    Jaderail said:
    I like both those idea's Glam Hero's and Content Random nuttiness. I do have a full day of nothing to do ahead of me. Hmmm...

If you can do Tigra in black slinky evening dress, it'd be sweet. I could use one right now for our online Marvel game.
    ...hey, She Hulk in a slinky sequined evening gown and heels is to die for.

OK now I have to climb out of the rut and do a new pic as I have all the elements required.

...bloody 'ell I hate hitting myself in the face with a gauntlet, especially when it's made of chain-mail...OW, that's painful.

edited June 2012

..OK that was stupid. Hit the Quote instead of Edit button

edited June 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..OK that was stupid. Hit the Quote instead of Edit button

I hit quote. Strong is somewhatconfusing
    Both Micah and Melody have said Meow

at different times.
    Post edited by Sfariah D on
    edited June 2012

...yeah, the terminology with the new form software is a bit odd to say the least.

"em" for Italic?

"Strong" for Bold?

Took me a a couple miscues to figure out which tag was for emails and which was for links. To me "@" makes more sense for links. than ""

...and the Underline tag still italicises rather than underlines text.

...give your kittehs a heartfelt Meow for me.

edited December 1969

Well "i" and "b" font-style tags, and "em" and "strong" are what people are encouraged to use instead.

Also, I can TOTALLY use She-Hulk in a slinky outfit. The current storyline of the campaign involves a fine dining event.

edited June 2012

I couldn't sleep last night, so decided to try what some people reccomend, which is counting sheep.

Why do people say counting sheep is relaxing ????? Darn things kept misbehaving, I had some kept trying to jump over the fence, and there was a group of young sheep in the corner gambling..

And all that BAH-ing. That's enough to keep anyone awake. And I am sure some were going "Bah humbug" and not just Bah.

If I have trouble sleeping again tonight I shall send all the sheep off on a spying mission and thinlk of another way to relax :roll:

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Baa baa baaaaah bah baaaaaah.

(Translation: "Emergency! Chohole has discovered our cunning plan.")

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...yeah, the terminology with the new form software is a bit odd to say the least.

"em" for Italic?

"Strong" for Bold?

Took me a a couple miscues to figure out which tag was for emails and which was for links. To me "@" makes more sense for links. than ""

...and the Underline tag still italicises rather than underlines text.

...give your kittehs a heartfelt Meow for me.

I told the kitties and Melody came up next to me. She then decided to bathe herself. I need to get her spayed.

edited December 1969

Meow.

edited December 1969

I had a dream that I was Supergirl but was unable to do anything, probably because a bad guy was nearby with kryptonite.
    Sometimes I feel like I might be able to do stuff but at the moment I am like Supergirl near kryptonite.

edited December 1969

I bet one of the sheep has the kryptonite

edited December 1969

Noctyrnus said:
    I bet one of the sheep has the kryptonite

Baaa! Baaa-baa baaaaah bah baaaaaa!

(Translation: "Alarm! They know about kryptonite!")

edited December 1969

:gulp:

sheep_with_glasses_frames_1217472309.jpg
    400 x 274 - 36K
    sheep_with_glasses_frames_1217472309.jpg
    400 x 274 - 36K
    edited December 1969

Don't be so sheepish Nocty. Go ahead and say what you feel.

edited December 1969

Bbbbaaaaaah.

(Translation: Goodnight.)

edited December 1969

What welshmen do when they are bored,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGOGOxtN2lM

edited June 2012

chohole said:
    What welshmen do when they are bored,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGOGOxtN2lM

Oh dear lord! Thank ALL, the farm died off before I moved back to the house. I can totally see my Mother telling me to go make the chickens spell her name, she got a little strange those last few years.

Don't fret people she went peacefully and in no pain, I was proud to be the child she asked to come home and take care of her. I just never knew I would stay for the rest of my life. I thought the city was my place untill I came back.

Hmm.... Okay after reading this it still sounds weird. Okay here is my dear Mother all over for you. Every spring I still have one flower bed that blooms with a big yellow 5 in the center of it. I helped plant it when I was just a teen. It stands for all her children.

This was fun to watch and brought back many of my happy times with my mother. Like a stack of pancakes that spelled JEFF. :-P
    Post edited by Jaderail on
This discussion has been closed.