GenX on custom characters

tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello guys,

I've been testing GenX and it is great to retrieve V4 and M4 models faces to use on Genesis.

But once I create a character with morphs I bought, I change something in the body and in the face, and that's the point because I can't search for all dials I changes and copy in Genesis :( it doesn't looks the same.

How can I transfer a face I build in V4/m4 (morph bought+my modifications) to Genesis?

I've got all the morphs from Generation 4 and 5 characters and the forms from generation 4 for Genesis, I tried all combinations I could but nothing seems to work.

The characters open perfectly in DS3 Advanced and DS4,5Pro, but I'd like to bring their morphs, at least the faces to Genesis.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

It has been a while since I did it, (before GenX became nonfunctional for a period of time with the new DS4 versions), but if I remember right, you create your figure (in poser), add your completed figure to the poser figure library. Go to Daz studio. Click on GenX tab, click load figure and search for your figure you had created. Click on the morphs with a non-zero value. When all the morphs that you want is selected, create your GenX morph.

• tiagoandriottitiagoandriotti Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

Well, It would be great but... I don't have Poser.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 2012

What you are describing, is what GenX is really made for, transferring morphs from Gen4 so that they will work on Genesis. There has been an update to GenX, a couple of months ago, to use the new SDK for 4.5, make sure you have that, it is version 1.2 I believe.

If you list the steps that you are going through to transfer the character, I'm sure someone here can help. There is a PDF for the plugin as well called GenX.PDF which is very useful, have you seen it?

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks JimmyC_2009, I will download GenX and the SDK 4.5 again, maybe there is something new in the plugin.

The steps I did in DS3a for creating the people is simple:

•Load V4 from Daz People ( With Morphs ++, elite and sometimes Aiko 4 or The Girl 4, it depends of the character needs)
    •On pose folder I load the skin, the face and the body that looks like the character I need
    •I change some dials, in order to change shapes, like elf ear, nose, face, body type slim/voluptuous/fat/fit, details like belly, nail size and etc
    •I save the character

This makes my old characters hard to rebuild in genesis from scratch :(

The DS3a Content folder is in the folder list of DS4.5.
    I can load them in both programs, export some presets and etc, but I don`t know how to make it work with GenX.

The last stuff I read form GenX was a web page. Do you have a PDF with advanced examples?

Thanks

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 2012

From DAZ Studio 4+

Export your character with the morphs you want to transferre on... be careful, because if you want to just move all the morphs to Genesis as a series of custom morphs, you'll need to have them all set to a value of 1. If you want a single morph for your character: dial the character in as you want them to appear.

Export the file to Cr2 format, load that into GenX. And transferre. I've done this a few times when custom morphs don't want to inject properly. It works fine. You only have to load the Cr2, and not victoria base and all the morphs as well, they're already present.

Post edited by wancow on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

The only document I have is GenX.PDF which comes with the plugin I believe.

See if you can follow wnacow's example, and if not, I will try to duplicate whatever you are trying to do, assuming I have the character (or similar).

edited December 1969

Thanks wancow, it is exactly like you said. :)

Bad news is that some body morphs don`t work well. The face changes a lot when I apply the V5 or S5 morphs, but no problem, I will make some test with the dials in order to keep the most important features brought by the motphs and rebuild the body shapes.

Thanks for your support, guys.

edited December 2012

Yah... you know, I've had some issues recently with that... let me play with it a bit more and I'll get back to you...

OH: Did you apply the Victoria 4 shape? You need to do that before you do anything.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

Of course, I've got all the generation 4 morphs for Genesis.
    Those shapes are really useful.

Freak 4 rules!

edited December 1969

I spent the day in tediousness building a Christmas tree... as I said, I've been having a couple of issues transferring morphs as well, so I'll check that and get back to you then :)