keyMate - Commercial - Released

ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
edited December 2012 in The Commons

Master keyframe animation in DAZ Studio with keyMate
- http://www.daz3d.com/shop/keymate

Videos:
Getting started - - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_knWUBOGk

--------------------------------------------
Autofit crash bug is fixed and the installers are available in your daz accounts. This bug may have also shown up during some parenting and unparenting operations. Everyone who has version 1.0.0.4 for keyMate is urged to download keyMate from their account. The new version is 1.0.0.5 . You can check what version you have by doing Menu -> Help -> about plugins -> click on keyMate -> the version will show up below.

----------------------------------------------
aniMate2 vs keyMate

aniMate is great for using pre-built motions called aniBlocks and putting them together to create an animated sequence. aniMate also allows the user to easily edit and adjust existing aniBlocks. It is NLA(Non Linear Animation) at its best!

Those who want to create animations from scratch will sometimes find themselves fighting against the complexities of aniBlocks. For aniBlocks to work right, they have to be setup a certain way. This makes it easier for the users of aniMate, but can be quite complex when creating from scratch.

keyMate is a traditional animation solution especially useful for creating animation from scratch. Visually copy, paste, move, and delete keys with great efficiency. Easily do these things on an entire figure or a complete scene. Avoid all the busywork with this tool. Want to do a simple animation of the camera or lights and then adjust the timing? keyMate is the answer.

-----------------------------------------------
Some frequently asked questions:

Does keyMate edit aniBlocks?

Not directly. keyMate operates on the keys in DAZ Studio, sometimes referred to as Studio Keys. aniMate allows the user to transfer aniBlock keys to Studio Keys and back again to create aniBlocks from Studio Keys. keyMate’s strength is in creating animation from scratch and adjusting those animations. Animations made from motion capture are usually best edited in aniMate.

I can already create, copy, paste, and delete keys in Studio, why would I want keyMate?

Studio lacks the ability to slide keys around which is especially useful for timing adjustments. Although still possible without keyMate, copying, pasting, and deleting in a visual way is so much better. keyMate also adds the ability to see and operate on an entire hierarchy of keys.

Can I adjust the tangents of keys? I am tired of overshoot.

Although, not currently providing a way to adjust the TCB(tension, continuity, bias) parameters of a key, keyMate does allow you to change the interpolation type to TCB, Linear, and Constant. Overshoot is easily fixed by selecting the overshooting key and clicking the Linear button from the interpolation type menu.

What is TRSV? Why is this an option?

TRSV stands for Translate, Rotate, Scale, Values. Values means things like morph values, but not limited to just morphs. Think, any slider that can animate, is visible, and is not Translate, Rotate, or Scale. This is an option for those who want to focus solely on motion.

Why provide a set key button since Studio auto keys?

Indeed this is true, if you grab and move the arm of a figure, keys are set on all nodes affected. Yet, usually if you pose a character you did not adjust all the bones in the hierarchy. When you get the pose just right, you usually want a key on all the nodes. So here is a simple rule, after getting that pose just right, double click on the figure and click the set key button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few have reported not being able to find the keyMate pane in the list, Menu -> Window -> Panes(Tabs)

The workaround is to reset your workspace.
- Menu - > Window -> Workspace -> Select Layout -> when you see the dialog popup, select accept.

Then
- Menu -> Window -> Pane(Tabs) -> keyMate

keyMate_Logo.png
515 x 201 - 30K
Post edited by ammon_fde0d92863 on

Comments

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

OH MY GOD FINALLY!
    I've been wanting a Poser-esque keyframe editor in Daz Studio for absolutely YONKS.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Just bought it myself, it looks very easy to use.

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Not directly. keyMate operates on the keys in DAZ Studio, sometimes referred to as Studio Keys. aniMate allows the user to transfer aniBlock keys to Studio Keys and back again to create aniBlocks from Studio Keys. keyMate's strength is in creating animation from scratch and adjusting those animations. Animations made from motion capture are usually best edited in aniMate.

I can already create, copy, paste, and delete keys in Studio, why would I want keyMate?

Studio lacks the ability to slide keys around which is especially useful for timing adjustments. Although still possible without keyMate, copying, pasting, and deleting in a visual way is so much better. keyMate also adds the ability to see and operate on an entire hierarchy of keys.

Although, not currently providing a way to adjust the TCB(tension, continuity, bias) parameters of a key, keyMate does allow you to change the interpolation type to TCB, Linear, and Constant. Overshoot is easily fixed by selecting the overshooting key and clicking the Linear button from the interpolation type menu.

TRSV stands for Translate, Rotate, Scale, Values. Values means things like morph values, but not limited to just morphs. Think, any slider that can animate, is visible, and is not Translate, Rotate, or Scale. This is an option for those who want to focus solely on motion.

Indeed this is true, if you grab and move the arm of a figure, keys are set on all nodes affected. Yet, usually if you pose a character you did not adjust all the bones in the hierarchy. When you get the pose just right, you usually want a key on all the nodes. So here is a simple rule, after getting that pose just right, double click on the figure and click the set key button.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

The shop don;t allow me to add it to my cart , it said only one allowed but my cart is empty .. can't purchase it so what's going on ?

cart-problem.jpg
    931 x 705 - 293K
    edited December 1969

agree with you, finally !!!

OH MY GOD FINALLY!
    I've been wanting a Poser-esque keyframe editor in Daz Studio for absolutely YONKS.
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136
    edited December 1969

Go Figure said:

Not directly. keyMate operates on the keys in DAZ Studio, sometimes referred to as Studio Keys. aniMate allows the user to transfer aniBlock keys to Studio Keys and back again to create aniBlocks from Studio Keys. keyMate's strength is in creating animation from scratch and adjusting those animations. Animations made from motion capture are usually best edited in aniMate.

I'm confused by the KeyMate product image. It seems to be composed of the product images of two of the AniBlock products in the store, and yet it seems from this message that KeyMate does not work with AniBlocks. Is there some connection I've missed? Still trying to understand if there is any integration between these two GoFigure products.
  • edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    The shop don;t allow me to add it to my cart , it said only one allowed but my cart is empty .. can't purchase it so what's going on ?

I've seen others who've had this problem fix it by logging out, clearing out cookies, and then logging in again. I think it's a problem from logging into the forum before you go to the store. If you log in from the store pages it seems to work.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited December 2012

This sounds intreasting, but im still a bit unclear on exactly what the product does. A demonstration video would be handy. :)

Post edited by Dogz on
  • Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 2012

still have these questions, can 't find this info...

why another daz timeline?

now we have 3 timelines in studio
    basic timeline
    animate timeline
    and now keymate timeline.

can i move keyframes to another place in time on the timeline? or only delete and replace it..?
    edited, find my answer... need to learn and read better :)

is there motion tweening available between two keyframes?

what about curve control?

just wondering

Now we have something that looks more like a timeline, but still the problem of a none working IK/Fk setup in studio. :blank:
    if daz can fix these in combination with working pin features + constraints,
    the true power of keyframing really starts and make this tool very useful

Post edited by Fixme12 on
    edited December 1969

Thank you it worked !

fivecat said:
    Mec4D said:

I've seen others who've had this problem fix it by logging out, clearing out cookies, and then logging in again. I think it's a problem from logging into the forum before you go to the store. If you log in from the store pages it seems to work.

edited December 1969

Dogz said:
    This sounds intreasting, but im still a bit unclear on exactly what the product does. A demonstration video would be handy. :)

Here is a video. There is no sound and is rather blurred, but it does show
    - selecting keys
    - deleting keys
    - sliding keys around
    - copy and paste of keys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVqqAkepmT0

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, I think this is the tool i've been looking for. In the cart it goes...

• edited December 1969

I'm going to take it!!!!

• linvanchenelinvanchene Posts: 1,328
    edited December 1969

I just purchased keyMate. The price is not a question so anything that offers some more options for DS to handle animations is a sure buy.
    The installation process went without problems.

BUT:

Is there any "real" tutorial besides the readme file?

I checked the website:

http://www.gofigure3d.com/site/

On the website it still says "comming in december" and in the forum the post reads "stay tuned".

I even checked the youtube channel were some useful videos for Animate2 were posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GoFigure3D

- - -

Well its here now where are the tutorials?
    Even if I am somewhat familiar with the idea of keyframing I would really appreciate video tutorials about

- the basic functionality
    - advanced workflows

Am I just looking in the wrong place?

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

You are looking in the right spot. Tutorials will be forthcoming.

edited December 1969

Some have reported not being able to find the keyMate pane in the list, Menu -> Window -> Panes(Tabs)

The workaround is to reset your workspace.
    - Menu - > Window -> Workspace -> Select Layout -> when you see the dialog popup, select accept.

Then
    - Menu -> Window -> Pane(Tabs) -> keyMate

• RandWulfRandWulf Posts: 141
    edited December 2012

Did the work around -- did not show up. Uninstalled ity, re-installed it only it ony gets part way thru and says it can't install the keymate.dll -- says it is having a problem unpacking it

manually removed the dll from the plugins folder, reinstalled keymate and it still does not show in panes(tabs). Did the work around again and it still does not show. Help!!

BTW -- not a new member -- been a Platinum club member since it began and a customer since the Zygote days

Post edited by RandWulf on
    edited December 1969

RandWulf said:
    Did the work around -- did not show up. Uninstalled ity, re-installed it only it ony gets part way thru and says it can't install the keymate.dll -- says it is having a problem unpacking it

manually removed the dll from the plugins folder, reinstalled keymate and it still does not show in panes(tabs). Did the work around again and it still does not show. Help!!

BTW -- not a new member -- been a Platinum club member since it began and a customer since the Zygote days

I would try downloading the installer again(might have got corrupted), double checking 32 vs 64 bit. If that does not work, PM me and we can setup a time to manually install the files.
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times with the first download. The re-downloaded it and tried to install again twice and it still won't show. Upgraded Daz Studio Pro to the latest release (4.5.1.6 I think) and tried again -- same result -- does not show in the panes (tabs) drop down.

Thanks so much for your help. (PM doesn't like your screen name)

edited December 1969

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHHHH

I forgot I had to look up and insert the serial number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!!!!

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 1969

My biggest problem with keyMate so far is I can't even put it in my cart!

Anyone else having these issues still?

go Figure - I tried to PM you but apparently your display name is invalid :(

Cheers,

Cliff :(

Maximumof2.png
    1042 x 872 - 376K
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

That can happen when you have added something to the cart when you were not logged in, it has happened to me in the past.

Make sure you are logged in, add something else to your cart (anything), add KeyMate and it should work this time. Delete the item you added at the beginning.

That is the usual workaround I believe, see if it works for you.

• Cliff BowmanCliff Bowman Posts: 1,677
    edited December 2012

Ah, many thanks - just adding an extra items caused what I had in the basket originally (including keyMate) to reappear :D

Cheers,

Cliff

Post edited by Cliff Bowman on
    edited December 1969

I will ask the DAZ guys to change my username so I can receive PMs.

• edited December 1969

I got it... WORKS GOOD!!!!!!!! <3</p>

• Swawa3DSwawa3D Posts: 231
    edited December 1969

Thanks, this is great! I've been avoiding custom animations in DS because the key framing was so limited. This is an essential tool for anyone doing custom animation in DS. It really should be built in to the base install of DS.

Only a few complaints. I just installed/activated KeyMate & aniMate2 and suddenly I'm having a lot of crashes when I delete a figure. I will see if I can track down exactly what's causing it. KeyMate is missing some features that could really speed productivity:

1. When I have a key or keys selected I would like to be able to copy, paste, delete them with the standard hotkeys, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Delete, etc.

2. A right click menu for selected keys might be nice to copy, paste, delete, set interpolation etc.

3. I would like more control over interpolation: ease in, ease out, ease in & out, a curve editor.

4. I would like a fast way to view the currently selected node in the KeyMate List. Right click to expand all, or match the scene tree expansion, or an optional to auto expand to selected.

It's still a great product for the price and currently the best solution for custom animation in DS that I know of. Hopefully I can figure out & minimize crashing and if those missing features could be added it would save even more time.

edited December 1969

Swawa said:
    Thanks, this is great! I've been avoiding custom animations in DS because the key framing was so limited. This is an essential tool for anyone doing custom animation in DS. It really should be built in to the base install of DS.

Only a few complaints. I just installed/activated KeyMate & aniMate2 and suddenly I'm having a lot of crashes when I delete a figure. I will see if I can track down exactly what's causing it. KeyMate is missing some features that could really speed productivity:

1. When I have a key or keys selected I would like to be able to copy, paste, delete them with the standard hotkeys, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, Delete, etc.

2. A right click menu for selected keys might be nice to copy, paste, delete, set interpolation etc.

3. I would like more control over interpolation: ease in, ease out, ease in & out, a curve editor.

4. I would like a fast way to view the currently selected node in the KeyMate List. Right click to expand all, or match the scene tree expansion, or an optional to auto expand to selected.

It's still a great product for the price and currently the best solution for custom animation in DS that I know of. Hopefully I can figure out & minimize crashing and if those missing features could be added it would save even more time.

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback.

If you do Menu -> Window -> Workspace -> Customize -> find keyMate, you can setup hotkeys. Although you will probably want them to be something like Alt-C and Alt-V, as Ctr-C and Ctr-V are assigned to the viewport.

Please PM me any crash. Crashing is unacceptable.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick response. Setting up custom hotkeys helps a lot.

Do you think it's possible that you will add more interpolation control and & tree expansion (auto, expand all & collapse all)?

The crashing happened a few times in the first 5 minutes or so but I've been at it for a while now & it has not happened since. If it continues I will look into it. I did try and install aniMate2 when I should have just activated it so hope that did not mess anything up.

edited December 1969

Swawa said:
    Thanks for the quick response. Setting up custom hotkeys helps a lot.

Do you think it's possible that you will add more interpolation control and & tree expansion (auto, expand all & collapse all)?

The crashing happened a few times in the first 5 minutes or so but I've been at it for a while now & it has not happened since. If it continues I will look into it. I did try and install aniMate2 when I should have just activated it so hope that did not mess anything up.

I am certainly open to improving it, but I won't be able to do much till mid January.

edited December 1969

I look forward to the updates.

It crashed again, 3rd or 4th time. So far I think it only crashed when I deleted the genesis figure with keys framed on it. It does not happen every time, trying to narrow it down. I sent you a PM with the error report. Not sure if it's KeyMate, DS or something on my end. Posting this info here to see if anyone else if having issues so we might be able to get to the bottom of it. So far crashing seems isolated and avoidable.