Rendering - Help !§

mr gemysemr gemyse Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Microsoft RLE
Hey. Is it here a new member can ask for help?
I have a problem. New work with DazStudio 4.5.
When I will> render starts program, but quite shortly after, comes
one Minni menu / Message: About to Compres program missing - Microsoft RLE.
I have tested many opportunities, with download different codec etc. but nothing works.
What should I do before I dare buy software?

[email protected]

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

What version of Windows are you using?
    Are you trying to render an Animation to AVI format, as that is when this error usually happens, but I have not seen it before in DS 4.5

Here is another thread about animations with the RLE error, and a possible solution.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4235/

• mr gemysemr gemyse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello again.
    ... yes sorry. I'm using Win 7 64 bit (also sometimes tidrr 32 bit)
    I have not had time to see the possibilities through which you referred to, but
    it looks promising.
    Many thanks for now :roll:
    Gemyse

• romediggityromediggity Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

I'm also having render problems...I click the render button and my render is complete in 21 seconds, but the render is completely black. I've deleted the lights and tried to render. It still came out black. I've deleted the camera and rendered in perspective mode and it was still black. Any ideas?

edited December 1969

I'm also having render problems...I click the render button and my render is complete in 21 seconds, but the render is completely black. I've deleted the lights and tried to render. It still came out black. I've deleted the camera and rendered in perspective mode and it was still black. Any ideas?

Have you tried resetting the Render Settings to default?

What OS are you using, and what version of DAZ Studio (Help > About DAZ Studio), and what bit depth (32 or 64 bit)

edited December 1969

Yeah, the default setting is chosen. I'm really at a standstill at this point. I'm new to the program. I've opened a new doc and that one rendered perfectly.

screencap.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 1004K
    edited December 1969

I'm using windows Vista with DAZ 4.5 Pro 32 bit

edited December 1969

Now instead of getting a black screen, I have received an error message. I might need to turn my render settings down to a lower quality, but I'm not sure. What do you guys think?

screencap2.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 759K
    edited December 1969

Are you using a SkyDome or similar in your render which comes out all black, the camera may be stuck behind something?

You say you are using the 32 bit version of DS, which one - Help > About DAZ Studio?

How much RAM does your system have?

The error message is from the C++ Runtime library I think, and it may mean that your program has not intalled correctly The error message is pointint to the Program Files folder, but if you are using the 32 bit version, that should probably be the Program Files (x86) folder? I am not sure.

edited December 1969

Thank you again Jimmy! What I did was I replaced the light rig with one of my own making. I used a prefab one and I think that was where the problem was. I'm not real sure as to why it didn't render out without lights in the scene...Anyways, here is my final render so you can see. I'm using 4GB of RAM and yes the Studio window says I'm running 4.5 32bit.

Aries.png
    1010 x 1014 - 635K
    edited December 1969

Some of the light sets were not updated for DS 4.5 which uses a different (updated) Script SDK, so that may have been your problem.

I'm glad you got it to work for now anyway.