BishyT's 3D sketchbook... (Current: Vocaloid SeeU Outfit)

2»

Comments

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Getting closer!

Regarding the eye problem... suppose we make the eyeball much larger, so the surface looks relatively flat? But adjust the proportions of the iris, pupil, and cornea so they aren't quite as large with proportion to the rest of the eyeball? Or the eyeball shape could be flattened, but the centerpoint of the bone moved so that the eye surface would act as a part of the surface of a larger sphere.

I need to experiment with this....

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited December 1969

Freak 5 has finally been announced, THANK GOD.
    Now I can finally show these Freak 5 morphs I made!

The first one is Barret from Final Fantasy VII.
    The second one is Durk from Meat Log Mountain (by Grisser).
    And the third is a generic character based on CaptainGerBear's art.

CaptainGerBearTest.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 373K
    DurkOrcTest.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 698K
    Barret.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 487K
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Excellent images!

• KrynnKrynn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Barret

I cannot even

All my FFVII feels, have them

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

I like your take on belbel, very cute

you should try a few male ones

edited December 1969

Breaking the flow a bit, here's my attempt at modelling an outfit for Aiko5.
    This is the first time i've modelled and outfit for a Daz character in at least 7 years. My Masters Thesis has left me feeling a bit burnt out creatively speaking, but it's slowly coming back.

Hopefully, sometime in the not too distant future, this will become a Vocaloid SeeU freebie cosplay outfit.

20110903_koreanvocaloid_seeu.jpg
    593 x 650 - 90K
    SeeUWIP4.PNG
    662 x 750 - 156K
    edited December 1969

Slowly making process on the SeeU outfit. I think I could some of the more difficult parts out of the way now.

Sussed out a great technique for modelling pleated skirts (in 3DS Max). Basically, you model one pleat, copy and paste until if you've got about 9 or 10 of them, and then apply a Bend modifier with the Angle set to 360 and the axis set to X. The ends should meet perfectly, in which case you then weld the resulting seam. After that, apply a FFD (FreeForm Deform) box (I used the 4x4 grid version), and deform the pleated skirt until it fits the figure.

Now i've got to do the shoes and then the details. No idea if i'll be able to model the hair.

SeeUWIP5b.PNG
    421 x 740 - 142K
    SeeUWIP5.PNG
    688 x 742 - 157K