faster render time in daz

SolarieSolarie Posts: 34
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hay gang can any one help me out here, i have gotten the latest M5 and V5 but the trouble with them is that the render time is terrible it takes over 8 min on one pass.
but with V4 and M4 it was like 1 min at max what can i do to get the render time down.?

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I can't think of any reason the 5th Gen figures should take longer to render than the 4th Gen, all else being the same. What skin textures, clothing, and hair are you using?

• SolarieSolarie Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

The standard that it comes with and one other don't remember the name of it but it is the same for bout it takes ages. i also cant figure out what takes so lone if it is the reflection or the sss?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

As a test, you could try applying the same texture, hair, and clothing you're using on V4 to V5 and see if it still takes much longer.

edited December 2012

yes i can do that will post the result asap. to supliment to the problem am posting my computer specs

i have and amd i7 920
    Radeon 5870 graphic card
    12 gb ram

Post edited by Solarie on
    edited December 1969

well that turned out on 1 min 13 sec that went faster.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What version of DS are you running?

edited December 1969

4.0 pro

edited December 1969

i found out that it was it is the sss i turned it off and it went down from almost 10 min to somewhat over 1 min :)

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 2012

Solarie said:
    4.0 pro

i found out that it was it is the sss i turned it off and it went down from almost 10 min to somewhat over 1 min :)

Not sure if you can get it lower with SSS off...but 4.5 has tremendous render speed improvements over 4.0.

Post edited by mjc1016 on