I'm having trouble with...

R1CH1R1CH1 Posts: 80
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Maybe I'm just not patient or not looking in the right place, but since I just starting to get back into DAZ and there are so many changes, i figure I should have my own general "having trouble with.." thread because I feel i'm going to need it.

this first question is really basic, but it's driving me nuts. If I have a scene open with a backdrop and I load a figure into the scene, the figure loads with a new default blue space and my backdrop disappears. I don't remember that ever happening before. How do I set it to stop doing that?

thanks

Comments

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited December 2012

Loading a scene on top of a scene, will erase the first scene... if you wish to combine scenes in DAZ Studio use the MERGE option instead of OPEN..

Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 introduced the Scene Subset as a content type, and changed the default behaviour so that a double-click now acts as an Open command on a full scene and a Merge command on a sceen subset (though you can get either behaviour by right-clicking on the file). It's a good diea to save stuff you plan to merge, such as pre-built characters, as subsets.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

DS 4.5 introduced the Scene Subset as a content type, and changed the default behaviour so that a double-click now acts as an Open command on a full scene and a Merge command on a sceen subset (though you can get either behaviour by right-clicking on the file). It's a good diea to save stuff you plan to merge, such as pre-built characters, as subsets.

Or if you are building a character and don't really care about clothes/hair...then a character preset. I prefer character presets whenever possible.