Daz Logo showing on Genesis Render

MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

I'm learning lighting and rendering in DS using Toby with one of the preset makeup skin materials. Why is there a Daz logo on her cheek after render?

I thought maybe it's because I haven't registered online since I updated to 4.5pro a few days ago. So I did. Then I relaunched DS. The logo/watermark still shows.

Why? Is it because the makeup that came with installation isn't free?

Another big? is Decimator. Needs registration too?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Mythmaker said:
    I'm learning lighting and rendering in DS using Toby with one of the preset makeup skin materials. Why is there a Daz logo on her cheek after render?

I thought maybe it's because I haven't registered online since I updated to 4.5pro a few days ago. So I did. Then I relaunched DS. The logo/watermark still shows.

Why? Is it because the makeup that came with installation isn't free?

Another big? is Decimator. Needs registration too?

It sound like you are using the wrong UV set for you model. The DAZ logo is probably on the UV map in a place where it should not show on the image. It has nothing to do with registering or not. Go to the Surfaces tab, and at the bottom look at what UV set Genesis is using, it is generally V4 by default I think, but you should have other options in the drop down list.

Decimator is a paid for item only, and does not come as part of the free offer on DAZ Studio Pro due to contractual obligations. Animate2 is also a paid for item, but you get the trial version free for 30 days, and after that, it reverts to Animate Lite.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 2012

Thanks for the response JimmyC. I tried changing the Surface/UV setting to no avail. I suspect it's a corrupt material file. I reinstall Tori (not Toby lol) pack specifically the DSON version, and now all's good again. Pheww. Back to learning about rendering in DS!

While I'm at it, I am redownloading all the DSON Genesis female meshes. Don't know if it's the 4.5 update or my Open GL (quadro fx 1800), but my genesis models have been displaying holes and missing faces eversince my recent update from 4.0.

Post edited by Mythmaker on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Mythmaker said:
    Thanks for the response JimmyC. I tried changing the Surface/UV setting to no avail. I suspect it's a corrupt material file. I reinstall Tori (not Toby lol) pack specifically the DSON version, and now all's good again. Pheww. Back to learning about rendering in DS!

While I'm at it, I am redownloading all the DSON Genesis female meshes. Don't know if it's the 4.5 update or my Open GL (quadro fx 1800), but my genesis models have been displaying holes and missing faces eversince my recent update from 4.0.

I don't know what the problem with the DSON files could be. If you could post an image, that might help someone to identify the problem?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Mythmaker said:

It's the drivers...get the latest update.

There's another thread about the issue and it threw me, at first, because it looks like the card is overheating, the way things are 'breaking up'...but a driver update does cure it.

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited December 2012

JimmyC, no problem with the DSON files. It's just my guess that because I didn't uninstall 4.0 when installing 4.5, the new DSON files were not installed, so I manually install them just in case. In any case the now-resolved post-render skin logo issue could just be my misplacing a transparency file a year ago into Tori's material folder between Photoshop and Daz, and nothing to do with Legacy or DSON. Still figuring out the difference between the two file types.

Mjc, you're right the viewport display clipping is the driver. Updated to latest and now it's all clean and smooth again. Thanks. And talking about the card overheating, I haven't heard my card fan so loud for a while lol, thought it was strong wind outside during my render tests!

Post edited by Mythmaker on