Unvaulted?

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited December 1969 in The Commons

i saw Sylfie in the store.

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I didn't know Sylfie was vaulted in the first place, but then I could be thinking of the Gen 3 unvaulting sale when the Gen 3 iconic shapes/GenX updates were released.

I am noticing a lot of things that I don't remember seeing in the old store, though, but I don't know if that's just me, or if they actually did put stuff back into the store.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,730
    edited December 1969

Looks like you're right - picked a random vault item and it's there:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/wedgecut-hair-2-0-upgrade-from-michael-s-wedgecut

• T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

And Gothic Couture from Vault #1. (Vicky 3).
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gothic-couture

That's all 3 vaults.

Let's see... "Flight Attendant Outfit"... nope. Google doesn't find it either. (Vault 1, Vicky2).

I'm sensing a cut off.

Vaskania said:
    I didn't know Sylfie was vaulted in the first place, but then I could be thinking of the Gen 3 unvaulting sale when the Gen 3 iconic shapes/GenX updates were released.

That's probably it. Maybe they were reactivated by mistake, then .

Or maybe they figured there'd be a sustained demand.

Not seeing any vaulted props, so far. So that fits.

What ho? Drago for Millenium Dragon (vault 2). Well, technically it is "clothing" (conforming armor), but the Camel Saddle kinda is too.

Well, this certainly calls for more research. *Squirrel!!!*

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:

I am noticing a lot of things that I don't remember seeing in the old store, though, but I don't know if that's just me, or if they actually did put stuff back into the store.

Sylfie was vaulted, but there was enough hue and cry that she was unvaulted. This happened before the Gen 3 add-on for Genesis and before the store switch-over, so Sylfie was available before then. I don't think all the vault items have been restored. The Young Teens Morph Pack has not. Several times, people looking at accessories for Luke and Laura found that the morph pack was not available even though it was a prerequisite to the item they wanted to buy. There were several cases where an item still in the store pointed to a vaulted required item. I think this is still the case. Sylfie was special. :-)
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited June 2012

Interesting about Sylfie, I didn't know they were able to pester it out of the vault.

Funny coincidence that it led to seeing this unvaulted stuff.

Since there aren't any shapes (and their autofit template thingys) for the youth, (Excepting that K4 clone morph, that's for autofit or whatever), we're still left with those 2 hypothesis up there. (Be a shame if they get re-vaulted).

Post edited by T Jaiman on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

I say unvault it all, but that's just me. I have no idea what the purpose of vaulting actually is.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569
    edited December 1969

...wish they'd unvault the Steph4 body shape for Genesis.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    I say unvault it all, but that's just me. I have no idea what the purpose of vaulting actually is.

It's probably just taking those items out of the live database. Maybe to keep it managable in size.

They must be archived somewhere and can be put back in. It may even be the case that the new site software can cope with a larger number of products. Well it must be able to do something better.