Eye reflection and Genesis

DigitalrdwDigitalrdw Posts: 87
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Is there a formulation that I can use to make a material preset that will add an eye reflection to Genesis when using a Gen 4 texture (either a V4 or M4 texture)?

Comments

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Usually what people do is put in a reflection map on the cornea. I'm not sure, but I'm 90% sure that the V4 and V5 and Genesis eye UVS are identical...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,858
    edited December 1969

Although the UVs are the same, Genesis lacks the eye surface material of the fourth generation figures (which was a transparent overlay that could be used to catch highlights and reflections without disturbing the actual textures).

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

That's right! Forgot about that... Genesis has a few less material zones than does V4. Which actually makes things easier to manage...

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

I've found I get better results adding reflections to the sclera rather than the cornea. Strange but true. The trick is not to use too high a reflection (unless you want metallic eyeball syndrome). If you're using the UberSurface shaders, also look into using the Fresnel so the reflection doesn't obscure the eyes too much.