MilHorse Draft Horse is it worth me finishing?

LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
edited November 2012 in The Commons

I've been working on (amongst other things) a draft horse morph and texture for the Millennium Horse. Now I'm not sure whether it is worth finishing?

The morph is all done and only the texture needs finishing as you can see from the gaps in these renders, I was going to offer it for sale at my website but just not sure what to do now?

lfg-drafthorse_002-tile.jpg
1475 x 1513 - 348K
Post edited by Ladyfyre on

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

I've been working on (amongst other things) a draft horse morph and texture for the Millennium Horse. Now I'm not sure whether it is worth finishing?

The morph is all done and only the texture needs finishing as you can see from the gaps in these renders, I was going to offer it for sale at my website but just not sure what to do now?

looks great - can't tell you what to do

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

it does look good. :) i dont know what to tell you. it's hard to overlook teh value of the morphing mil horse 2, but plenty will keep using mil horse 1 :)

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited November 2012

It's strictly up to you:)

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

my Milhorse isn't retiring any time soon. my 2centz.

• LadyfyreLadyfyre Posts: 58
    edited December 1969

Thank you for all your replies, not sure what to so as I have the concentration span of a sparrow, I've been busy with the new horse all morning and was thinking other people will be the same?

Trouble is for me I have organised all my MilHorse stuff so well and have made myself so many different add ons and utilities that I just don't know what to do. If it was just for myself I would leave it as is for still renders as I can easily fix seams in post work and I really do like the new horses posability!

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

i'm not jumping on to horse 2 in a hurry. I think the mil horse is good enough for my needs for now

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,684
    edited December 1969

I am also not going to by the new horse, so this one is still a very good alternative.
    So yes, I'd be happy to use this one ^^

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

There's plenty of Gen4 content being released, daily, and every so often even some Gen3 (mostly A3).

It would be nice, if there were a way of doing a GenX type converter for the horse...

edited December 1969

That's a good point, a GenX and MilHorse uvs would really make the Horse 2 take off!

• edited December 1969

Please finish it!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

Is there going to be a big difference between the DAZ Charger (Draft) Horse and your Draft Horse?

One thing I would like to see is a Japanese Samurai Saddle (Kura) of the Edo period. Just throwing that out there, I haven't seen one.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I dont see why it should be left unfinished. There will be those who are willing to buy it cause Mil Horse 1 works for them

• DzFireDzFire Posts: 1,473
    edited December 1969

Yes, I would :D

edited December 1969

The Charger model is ok but it really doesn't look like a heavy horse, more like a very fat pony with unfortunate conformation which is why I always used Bloodsongs Heavy Horse model for heavy type horses.

Also the charger is very limited in morphs, I've done a few but was never happy with the results.

lfg-charger-v-drafthorse.jpg
    820 x 927 - 159K
  • WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917
    edited December 1969

I haven't upgraded to 4.5 yet so I can't use the new Horse.

I would like to see it finished as those of us still using the original horse can still use your morphs and textures.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited December 1969

I will admit, that I stopped using Mil horse, I could never get it to look right with genesis.

edited December 1969

I've only recently upgraded myself, been using DS3 up until buying Victoria 5 in the recent sale as I hated DS4's interface but I'm slowly getting used to it in 4.5 and think it's worth it for Genesis, I'm late to the party with Genesis but am loving the way I can make just about any character I want with it and the clothes and hair still fit :)

• edited December 1969

Your Draft Horse looks really awesome !!!
    I have had purchased your Welsh Cob and it´s so very pretty, so I would buying the Draft Horse too.
    But perhaps some people may not being able to see the difference between your Draft Horse and the DAZ Charger, I think, and for those it would´nt make sense to purchased your Draft Horse.
    On the other side don´t forget, I know a lot of people who are poser user, which are not using the DSON Importer, this people could be very interesting in your product.
    Perhaps not very helpfully, that´s what I think, but I want your Horse, yes !

• mrposermrposer Posts: 1,127
    edited December 1969

I would definitely finish your MilHorse product..... I bought the new horse yesterday since I had a 2nd coupon I could apply to it.... but I still buy stuff for all the base figures in my runtime.... even Mike 2 or Victoria. Maybe later you could refit the product for the new horse and offer it as an upgrade or a new product.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

You could eventually finish it, but I would definitely look at getting a Horse 2 version finished, as you'll have a lot more people looking for things to go with their new horse. I wouldn't be surprised if you finish this version and it gets wishlisted more than bought, since it's an older product.

• HeatherleeaHeatherleea Posts: 247
    edited December 1969

I'd purchase it, I am not in any hurry to get the new horse and the more variety the better.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Not everyone is using the latest Genesis pretty shinies, and some people can't (due to D|S4.5 not working on their systems, or not able to use a DSON-compatible Poser version). I'd say go ahead and finish it, I might buy it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,570
    edited December 1969

...I have the complete Mil Horse Bundle. I cannot afford Horse2. Would so much love a draft horse.

• rgrinly_3c04c79a1brgrinly_3c04c79a1b Posts: 97
    edited December 1969

Yes..please finish. I love drafters. And like many, I suspect I've gotten used to using Milhorse - I don't think it'll be on the endangered species list for quite some time. BTW..I'd really LOVE to get a realistic looking Friesian. :)

• Kesha2009Kesha2009 Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

wilmap said:
    I haven't upgraded to 4.5 yet so I can't use the new Horse.

I would like to see it finished as those of us still using the original horse can still use your morphs and textures.

Same here except I have purchased Horse2 for when I do upgrade to 4.5 Sooooo PLZ finish it for the mill horse *even when I
    upgrade to 4.5 I will still use my mill horse along with horse 2 *Most of the *old* stuff still looks good to me and still usable IMO
    Your work just awesome on the horses :D
    Thanks

• PennamePenname Posts: 343
    edited December 1969

I have lots of accessories and textures for Mil Horse and no intention to move to 4.5 any time soon, so I would buy it. Draft horses are gorgeous animals.

• Mosk the ScribeMosk the Scribe Posts: 888
    edited December 1969

New Horse too expensive for me - so would be happy to see your Draft Horse completed based on older Millennium Horse :)