Lost Richard H's script for fake pz3's!

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

:sigh: I have lost the script that Richard Haseltine made to create fake pz3s for DS.

I checked the list in his signature but there's only a couple there, and it's not that one.

I just got a new laptop over the weekend so I'm setting DS up again and installing stuff, and that's the one script I can't locate.

Honestly, I think I'm hopeless lately - I'm losing EVERYTHING!!! aaargh.

Comments

• Salem2007Salem2007 Posts: 513
    edited December 1969

I did a google search for Richard Hesletine Daz3d Scripts and found this:

Fake pz2

It may not be the same thing, but it looks like you looked for it once before! :-)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

oh bloody hell, how useless am I?

sheesh.

Thank you Salem, and thank you for not being snarky to me about me constantly posting the SAME damn post looking for the same damn thing. *laughs*

edited December 1969

PS.... Note to Richard H - post the link in your thread of free scripts and resources!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I don't have to embarrass myself and show how fruit-loopy I am by posting every couple of months. *laughs*

edited December 1969

I've done the same thing myself--just a few days ago in fact....keep it quiet, no one noticed!

edited December 1969

you know what's worse tho? that actually was not the script I was looking for.

*blush*

I actually want to create fake DS files, so I can put the pz2 MATS in my DS folders and have them show up there.

BAsically - because I know I'm confusing everyone, including myself - I have some poser mats for the morphing fantasy dress, and I want to put them in with my GENESIS morphing fantasy dress...instead of having to scroll scroll scroll over to the poser folder.

:sigh: I honestly don't know why I'm such a goofball lately.

edited December 1969

Oh.

I can just apply the MATS and then save them as a material preset to the MFD folder in genesis clothing, as .duf files.

*slinks away shamefaced*

edited December 1969

In times like this, I put "The Wrath of Khan" in the DVD player---I don't know why, but it makes me feel better! It makes DAZ/POSER seem so much less confusing....:roll:

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

The script should still be indexed from the listing in the old forum. I really need to get all my scripts moved to Kendall's server - 4Shared now requires membership which is inconvenient for some people - but I just haven't had time. The PrepDS files script is heer http://www.4shared.com/zip/D54vJVp1/Prep_DS_files.html

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

The script should still be indexed from the listing in the old forum. I really need to get all my scripts moved to Kendall's server - 4Shared now requires membership which is inconvenient for some people - but I just haven't had time. The PrepDS files script is heer http://www.4shared.com/zip/D54vJVp1/Prep_DS_files.html

Its telling me the file is deleted. Mind you I am not letting all the scripts on that page run.

If you want, I can host that on my Mediafire account>

edited December 1969

Hmm, download is working for me (at least, starts OK) - it probably is a script issue, I've not had 4Shared trigger any alarms when I allow its scripts to run (still blocking others) though I won't try to get you to do the same. I really need to get the files updated and reuploaded, at least the ones that are still relevant.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

.... I really need to get the files updated and reuploaded, at least the ones that are still relevant.

I've brought the Prep DS script along as I went from DS3-32 to DS3-64 to DS4-64 and now DS4.5-64 and it still works perfectly. I couldn't live without it. Thank you so much for doing this, Richard. It's a life saver because I have so much Poser content that has separate ds or dsa material files and the script allows me to keep the mat files in a subfolder of the item in my runtime. No more switching back and forth between poser and daz content.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,860
    edited December 1969

Hmm, download is working for me (at least, starts OK) - it probably is a script issue, I've not had 4Shared trigger any alarms when I allow its scripts to run (still blocking others) though I won't try to get you to do the same. I really need to get the files updated and reuploaded, at least the ones that are still relevant.

With no scripts enabled you can go through the motions of downloading but then gives you a warning that the file violated the TOS and was deleted. But once I enabled scripts and logged in, it was fine.

edited December 1969

i downloaded the file but I didn't get any warnings?

edited December 1969

Do you have any script blockers? I use NoScript and AdBlock Plus, so things don't happen on websites without my permission.

edited December 1969

no i don't.

edited December 1969

OK, that's why you didn't get any warnings - though these days I would advise adding some kind of script blocker to your browser if possible, even highly reputable sites have slipped and been tricked into running ads that carried malware (of course if we all block scripts sites will no longer get advertising revenues and will either close or go subscription).

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

even highly reputable sites have slipped and been tricked into running ads that carried malware (of course if we all block scripts sites will no longer get advertising revenues and will either close or go subscription).

Not just sites...several of the biggest internet advertising suppliers have been duped into pushing malware laden ads. So that ends up hitting ALL the sites using that service!