Is Carrara dead?

124»

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    I just bought LightWave earlier today and expect it to become my tool of choice though.

As previously stated, it would please me to no end for a DAZ developer to drop into these forums -- even once a month -- with a short update on the progress of C8.5. Many companies are becoming more and more open and transparent (i.e. Channel 9 at Microsoft) -- but DAZ prefers to keep us in the dark and allowing us to concoct fanciful tales about what might be going on... That's sad.

And if you just bought LW, then prepare to be saddened even more... :)

Unless things have changed drastically, you will NEVER hear from the Newtek guys on what's going on. So enjoy what little you have with DAZ....

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Unless things have changed drastically, you will NEVER hear from the Newtek guys on what's going on. So enjoy what little you have with DAZ....

Is there anything that makes you happy in this world? :shut:

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited November 2012

Garstor said:

Are you kidding? Did you see the full moon setting over the flat ocean this morning before the sun came up? Holy cow, just incredible. Made me very happy. And when I go sailing this afternoon on the flat ocean, when the wind picks up, I'll be in heaven.

On the other hand, I generally don't look to software for my happiness. And I generally like to tell the facts and the truth, even if it's not happy and fun. And when it comes to software, I don't tie it to my ego like some people do.With some people, if you challenge, correct, or criticize anything that they chose or like, they take it as a personal attack. I don't. I don't care about software. If it sucks, I say so. If it's great, I say so.

And if people ask for recommendations, I give them the truth. I don't spin it solely because I might like the software and I don't want to admit my choice was the wrong one.

I recommended you look long and hard before you bought LW, for many good reasons. I could have lied and said only nice happy stuff. And now that you bought it, you just want to hear nice, happy stuff, even if it's not true? Sorry, I don't play like that. People get angry because I make a strong case that Carrara's market might be drying up very quickly, and it makes people upset.

Tough. Either propose something better, or just deal with the fact that you're going to encounter people in this world who don't agree with you.

Post edited by JoeMamma2000 on
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Kinda puts me in a different light don't he ;) :lol:

• _transient_transient Posts: 4
    edited November 2012

Sorry, wrong thread.

Post edited by _transient on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

Sorry, wrong thread.

be glad you escaped!!!