What has happened to DAZ ?????

Comments

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Man made fiction..... Your goat is hella cool MStories!

Thanks RAMWolff!
    I think the next monster will be my best and I'd like to see how Wendy will dress that one, there's no way she can do it, as it's a stand alone so I might be safe and that's a big might, LOL
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Man made fiction..... Your goat is hella cool MStories!

Thanks RAMWolff!
    I think the next monster will be my best and I'd like to see how Wendy will dress that one, there's no way she can do it, as it's a stand alone so I might be safe and that's a big might, LOL

Come on...this IS Wendy...she will do anything she needs to dress one of your critters...

edited December 1969

There's no way she's getting a dress on this sucker, I'm telling you now. It's will get torn to threads LOL!

Sp-01.jpg
    893 x 906 - 292K
  • info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Nice thread jack folks

edited December 1969

James S said:
    Nice thread jack folks

Don't worry happens to me all the time !
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Hehehehe :P

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited December 1969

There's no way she's getting a dress on this sucker, I'm telling you now. It's will get torn to threads LOL!

Where is that character from?

Will it work in DS3?

edited December 1969

Wendy...

THAT...

I give her about 3 days...once it comes out.

You do know, posting the 'sneak peek' has probably started her scheming...

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Not to sound repetitive... but what exactly happened to DAZ? I know something must have, or nobody would be paying this much attention to a very deep question this close to December 21, 2012...

But I suspect it had to do with the Mayan thing...

Now is that a Hydralisk from Star Craft?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    Not to sound repetitive... but what exactly happened to DAZ? I know something must have, or nobody would be paying this much attention to a very deep question this close to December 21, 2012...

Now is that a Hydralisk from Star Craft?

Daz has bought Maya from Autodesk?
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

Does that mean I get to buy Star Wars stuff from DAZ now?

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

or the unflateable pony

WENDY MY GOAT'S NOT A LADY !!!!
    LOL

Sure looks like one in Wendy's render ; ). Lol

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

I heard from a little mouse that Pixar is switching from Maya to DAZ Studio for the new Star Wars trilogy.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Sure it wasn't Mickey Mouse :)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

Probably a misapprehension due to bad reception - Autodesk is fed up with supporting three applications and has sent hired thugs out to make an upgrade offer that studios can't refuse. The bug picked up someone saying "we're switching to D-crackle- Studio for the next film".

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

James S said:
    Nice thread jack folks

Yeah!

I thought we were talking about The Millennium Cow!!

Who changed the subject?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2012

welllllllllll

tkeycowmoon.jpg
    423 x 460 - 40K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:

Now is that a Hydraulics from Star Craft?

It is based on Hydraulics for sure I expect plenty of flack but if I didn't do it them someone else would, took me a month to redo the topology and UVs possibly one of my worst ideas, it was non symmetrical and had a big twist in it, I think I got gray hair from rebuilding him. But he's well on the way now and doing a poser and DS version.
  • ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

And this is why nothing ever changes.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:

Ha! I love the way this thread turned into a lot of WIN for a change!

• slojoslojo Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm with ManStan.

I've only posted 11 times in a decade. Does that make me somehow inadequate as an artist? I've been painting and drawing for more than 40 years and I'm pretty good. I got into digital art 15 years ago, and I've gotten pretty good at that too. But because I, and by extension Mixart, don't post to forums you believe this gives you the right to be rude?

Mixart421, what has happened to DAZ is BDS (Bad Decision Syndrome).

They took one of the very best marketplace sites in the web universe and dumbed it down considerably. It was probably the most intelligent, well-maintained site in 3Dville. And now? Not so much. Now it's another run-of-mill store with the all the headaches all the others have. Someone should have been fired for that decision.

What happened is that they came out with a Poser-killer application 7 years ago called DazStudio that is barely getting up to speed. I like 4.5, it' s finally a usable product. But it has a ways to go.

What happened is that they came out with a product, DSON, that was supposed to bridge the gap between Poser and DazStudio for their Genesis product. It has serious deficiencies. It works for some, it doesn't for others. I'm not an early adopter. But I made an exception and tried DSON. I'm sorry that I did.

What happened is the release of a plethora of applications with inadequate documentation. Or worse, none at all. It matters.

As for you posters, who do you think you are? You think because I've posted only 11 times (now a dozen) this gives you license to judge my worth to this community? Or Mixart421's? I buy the products of a lot of people who post and that should be enough.

I read manuals. I read the forum posts. That's how I learn to use the applications. In fact, some of you writing here have supplied answers to questions I had about this and that. But it doesn't make you God's gift to the world.

You complain that Mixart421 was not specific in his frustration. And then, you follow this up with three pages of pure unadulterated condescension. And pure babble.

What's wrong with DAZ? A lot. One of the worst is the backward path of its website. Don't make excuses for a bad decision.

I love Daz3D. I've spent - literally - thousands of dollars on their product over the years. They have done great work. It isn't easy. I know. I like Genesis, and I'll probably like DSON when it gets up to speed. But the frustration is real. And it won't go way because some of you choose to mock others.

That's it for my 12th post. I'm sure they'll be others in the years ahead.

- slojo

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

Slojo, maybe you should post more! ;-P %-P

as for me?
    I am just a troll :snake:

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:

For a change? This seems the new normal now. Doesn't matter how bad DAZ screws up, or what sort of shlock they release, you can't complain about it because of this. All of DAZ's critics have ether moved on, have been silenced, or are forever walking on thin ice. What that leaves is dazzies shouting praises to DAZ almighty.

Doesn't really matter what DAZ does now, or how bad it gets, there is just too many too willing to shout down or ridicule what complaints don't out right get deleted.

Posting about issues you have with DAZ, studio, genesis, bugs, fails, inadequacies in the app, just opens you up to ridicule and reprimands.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited November 2012

Can someone , anyone tell me what the hell is going on here at DAZ ? Absolutely nothing makes any sense here anymore ! ! ! !

Doesn’t really matter what DAZ does now, or how bad it gets, there is just too many too willing to shout down or ridicule what complaints don’t out right get deleted.

Posting about issues you have with DAZ, studio, genesis, bugs, fails, inadequacies in the app, just opens you up to ridicule and reprimands.

What exactly is the OP's issue Stan? You must be better at reading between the lines than I am, I haven't got a clue.

Perhaps that is the reason for the thread taking off.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    ManStan said:

For a change? This seems the new normal now. Doesn't matter how bad DAZ screws up, or what sort of shlock they release, you can't complain about it because of this. All of DAZ's critics have ether moved on, have been silenced, or are forever walking on thin ice. What that leaves is dazzies shouting praises to DAZ almighty.

Doesn't really matter what DAZ does now, or how bad it gets, there is just too many too willing to shout down or ridicule what complaints don't out right get deleted.

Ya know, for every one that chronically complains about every single thing (sometimes needlessly), there's a lot more that aren't experiencing issues and actually enjoying what they are doing... it's just most times they don't post as much. So it gives the illusion of massive gloom and doom... but guess what... it's not as bad as some want it to be.

For me, if it was really that bad, I wouldn't go all of that and I'd be deleting programs from my hard drive and finding another thing to do to occupy my time. Time is way too short for all of the amount of complaining some people do. There's things I used to do that soured me and instead of wallowing and complaining, I moved on to something that's going to give me pleasure. Complaining isn't something that gives me pleasure and I've enjoyed my time creating stuff in my spare time... and I've been lucky to make some spare change in the process. If things were really that bad, I wouldn't be doing this. And sure things could be better, but I still got better things to do to overly complain about it... they'll resolve themselves and if they don't I can always use this content money to buy plane tickets instead and travel. ;)

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

slojo....

Sorry to hear of your disapproval of this thread. However, if you did post more often, you would realize these people (myself included) were just chatting in what is obviously an abandoned thread....

...and the OP DID make a rather non-descriptive post.

How was anyone supposed to really respond to it?

mixart421 said:
    Can someone , anyone tell me what the hell is going on here at DAZ ? Absolutely nothing makes any sense here anymore ! ! ! !

Personally, I was rather enjoying the silliness!! :) Bring it ON!!! MORE silliness, please!! :lol:

edited December 1969

I'd rather the silliness than one more...'oh the world is going to end because everything in DS is broken!!!' thread.

• PoacherPoacher Posts: 14
    edited November 2012

People should realise that the plethora of negative threads and argumentative threads do more to drive people away from the forum, and thus also the site as a whole, than do the friendly threads.

They also discourage new members from posting. Well new members who do want to be positive anyway.

Post edited by Poacher on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,296
    edited November 2012

slojo....

Sorry to hear of your disapproval of this thread. However, if you did post more often, you would realize these people (myself included) were just chatting in what is obviously an abandoned thread....

...and the OP DID make a rather non-descriptive post.

How was anyone supposed to really respond to it?

mixart421 said:

Personally, I was rather enjoying the silliness!! :) Bring it ON!!! MORE silliness, please!! :lol:

I'm sorry - but it was only abandoned after people started to make fun of the OP. I know that most people here are good at having fun and thats not a bad thing but I was appalled to see a Moderator and a community volunter have fun at someone elses expense.
    Would you have come back.
    The OP was obviously frustrated by the changes here and posted what is yes an ambiguous post but I really don't feel that they deserved the ridicule they got from those who supposedly are chosen for their patience with newcomers and the frustrated.

Is this really what these forums have become, if you don't understand the post and find it non-descriptive its ok to make fun of it.

It would have been nice to have given the poster a chance to explain their frustrations more fully before ridiculing them.

Post edited by scorpio on
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

As I read in another post, the world is going to end in a month if DAZ doesn't come out with a Millennium Cow. At least that's what I read and have come to believe to be true. How could a person not believe something as outrageous as that.

This discussion has been closed.