@RAM - Little Fuzzy?

2»

Comments

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Is that a Fuzzy like Ultima series Fuzzy or some other Fuzzy?

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Kattey said:

They're alien creatures from a series of short novels by H. Beam Piper.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:
    Kattey said:

They're alien creatures from a series of short novels by H. Beam Piper.
    Well, they made into Ultima III too, in this case
    http://wiki.ultimacodex.com/wiki/Fuzzies

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
    edited December 1969

...watching how this is unfolding makes me appreciate what goes into a new character shape and I am in for when I start work on my Sabrinno.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Well the best I can do for now until I get some help on the joints is to create a "Properties" preset.

In the newer presets seems that saving as a shaping does not include the ability to save scaling. So from trial and error found that the "Properties" preset has TABS.

Tab one is the shaping info to be saved,
    Tab two is the pose properties which includes the scaling info I needed and
    Tab three is for surfaces, which I don't need.

For those that say "use the Character Preset" it doesn't work as I need. It too leaves out the scaling so that does me little good. Plus it takes FOREVER for it to save and to load.

Using the Properties preset works fast and perfectly for this character's look.

This preset makes use of my Medium sized Fuzzy morph and then a bunch of the propagation morphs included with Genesis as well as scaling. Looks just as I want it to look. Wears the clothing fine and poses just fabulously! So that's what I got for now.

RAM-PABFuzzie-Full-Small.jpg
    997 x 997 - 96K
    edited December 1969

...looks pretty good.

Will they be compatible with the Garibaldi Express hair system as well?

edited December 1969

Of course. These are just morphs I've created for Genesis. You can fur them up anyway you want to! :-)

edited December 1969

Looks like I may have found a solution to my joint issue so might not have to rely on the duf file I created to get the little guy working correctly. In the Joint Editor, when you click on a bone another tab becomes active. In that tab are BULGE parameter dials and low and behold the feet now look good when bent any way I can imagine. So going to go over the rest of the body and fix what needs fixing and ERC Freeze it and see what happens.

Fingers crossed.

JointBulges.jpg
    1189 x 760 - 78K
    edited December 1969

Done. There are a couple of areas to be aware of. The Abdomen 01 is not perfect and there was no way to fix it, even tried to do a fix in ZBrush and that was not good either. Most poses won't give it away but it is there and I'm aware of it. Shoulders all the way up cause the pec to pull all the way up to a point. No way to fix that either. I might try again but still most poses won't give that away either.

Here is a fun render I did. Using the Asteria skin pack sans the star overlays. Love the eyes allot. Found that this pair of shorts from Richarbi fit him perfectly and added in my own little starry texture map to pull it all together! Pose is one my super poses I'll include with the SuperSet....

"The Mighty Fuzzy" turned out pretty good! ;-)~

TheMightyFuzzie.jpg
    997 x 997 - 119K
  • zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Adorable. (Long time Piper fan here!) Now all we need are choppo-diggo, shodda-bag, and cans of estefee!

edited June 2013

Thanks so much Zig.

I was thinking about the pec issue. I think I remember having that happen while I was developing the Bruno morphs. Might take some back and forths between ZBrush and DS but I THINK it's totally fixable. Not sure what to do about the abdomen 01 bend. Bent back the lower belly pops out and bent forward the navel sort of collapses into the gut. I'll keep banging my head until I figure it out. Not releasing him until the big big update to LAMH hits as I plan on doing the full furred version for the little guy above. Not sure if that will auto fit the medium and tall versions though. We shall see how that plays out.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
    edited December 1969

...excellent work.

Extreme poses tend to wreak havoc on almost any figure

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Looking good so far. Here's hoping you manage to nail those glitches to the wall.

edited December 1969

Thanks folks. I hope I can nail those glitches. I know that extreme poses will always give funny effects but I like to think I can beat it into submission! lol

edited December 1969

Took a different route and got the issues resolved. Thanks mostly to Nicci & Richard H. for their excellent help and patience.

Two fuzzies. I know the one looks familiar but this is a new render using the newest morph. The second is "Fuzzy Cham" wearing my Chameleon Boy skin and 2nd skin and outfit. Yea, the boots bit it a bit but not bad considering how tiny this guy is!

TheMightyFuzzie.jpg
    997 x 997 - 116K
    FuzzieCham.jpg
    997 x 997 - 433K
    edited December 1969

So what are you waiting on with regard to LAMH? I'd like to see this critter with fur...

edited December 1969

The update for more controls. Right now the LAMH is a little too fidgety to me.

By the way, you have a product in the store and I don't see a thread for it!

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/colorways-peacock-shader-presets

It's in the cart for sure!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    The update for more controls. Right now the LAMH is a little too fidgety to me.

By the way, you have a product in the store and I don't see a thread for it!

http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/colorways-peacock-shader-presets

It's in the cart for sure!

Aw, thanks!

It's a PC product, and there has been some very nice chatter about it in a long-running thread in the Members forum. :)

• PtropePtrope Posts: 679

Ever make any progress on this? I managed to cobble my own Little Fuzzy using the G8M "FelineFolk"; it's using OsoFur - I can't get the fiber hair to render :(. No custom morphs - just lots of dial fiddling.

Little Fuzzy.jpg
    640 x 960 - 121K

Permanently shelved.  

Looks really good.  

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    Ptrope said:

Ever make any progress on this? I managed to cobble my own Little Fuzzy using the G8M "FelineFolk"; it's using OsoFur - I can't get the fiber hair to render :(. No custom morphs - just lots of dial fiddling.

Maybe a bit more "savage" looking than Michael Whelan's famous cover paintings, but a viable interpretation never the less.

Sincerely,

Bill

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    RAMWolff said:

Permanently shelved.  

Looks really good.  

Wow, it looked awesome though.

Thank you.  

In case your wondering this was made for Genesis 1, yea, THAT long ago!  LOL  I think those files are actually lost to me so no way to recreate this. I'm woring with L'Homme right now so Genesis is off the books for the time being!