Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    terrymcg has posted his first new wip image in two years in the renderosity comics gallery, you can also see it on his deviantart page.

Thank you so much for the update, Joe =)

On another note, you're not on dA are you; I'd like to follow you there if you are the way I follow your sharecg =)

Joseph.Deviantart.Com

The account is largely dormant, it just has a handful of old drawings on it. My tumblr account is the one thing I update regularly with 3d stuff that I'm working on. There's a link to the tumblr in my sig.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited July 2013

Joequick said:
    Joseph.Deviantart.Com

The account is largely dormant, it just has a handful of old drawings on it. My tumblr account is the one thing I update regularly with 3d stuff that I'm working on. There's a link to the tumblr in my sig.

Thankees for the update =) Watched and bookmarked and I hope that doesn't sound stalkerish =P XD

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • AdemnusAdemnus Posts: 744
    edited December 1969

Superboy, Robin and Wonder Girl

supers2.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 335K
  • adriantullbergadriantullberg Posts: 41
    edited December 1969

In your opinion, what (available) faces go with certain characters?

edited December 1969

In your opinion, what (available) faces go with certain characters?

Speaking from experience, Rawn's Clown Clan are perfect for The Joker and Harley. That's how I did my Avatar and Photo :D

For other characters it's a case-to-case basis but I either tweak an existing shape or start with V4/M4 and use a photo reference to get a vibe of the character. For Fairchild, I tweaked an available face (I forget which one) to give her characteristics associated with Caitlin: elfin eyes and upturned nose. In Diana's case I went against conventional wisdom for slightly ethnic/Mediterranean features. And for Kal-El I found two really good angles of Henry Cavell =P XD

But skin also determines a character's appearance/resemblance. I lightened The Joker's in Photoshop and for Fairchild, Wonder Woman and Superman I chose skins I already knew rendered well in Reality/LuxRender, all of which are photosourced.

Looking forward to hearing how others do it =)

edited July 2013

Love this =) Any reason for giving Superboy a cape ; -) Just curious :D

Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

Love this =) Any reason for giving Suberboy a cape ; -) Just curious :D

He had one originally, and Im old school, so he got it back cause.... capes rock!

edited December 1969

He had one originally, and Im old school, so he got it back cause.... capes rock!

Ack! Dang typo :$

Yes he did and fair enough :D

And speaking of old school, I was born the year the Marvel came up with The Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor and Ant-Man XD

edited December 1969

Ack! Dang typo :$

Yes he did and fair enough :D

And speaking of old school, I was born the year the Marvel came up with The Hulk, Spider-Man, Thor and Ant-Man XD

heh, you're only slightly more old school than i am ;p

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:
    Gotcha. Ah well. Noticed you posted your Catwoman to ShareCG. Thanks for that.

Also his robin, ssswweeeet! Thank you Joe! :)

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    My tumblr account is the one thing I update regularly with 3d stuff that I'm working on. There's a link to the tumblr in my sig.

Sent a message via tumblr and I hope it got through; I've never used tumblr before =(

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

Love this =) Any reason for giving Suberboy a cape ; -) Just curious :D

And he's all set to play Vegas, if the opportunity arises!

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

Really awesome stuff in this thread, images even continue into the second page: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?179289-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Some-highres-ZBrush-art

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Seeing Deadshot in that thread just makes me long for a Daz version of Deadshot.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Really awesome stuff in this thread, images even continue into the second page: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?179289-Injustice-Gods-Among-Us-Some-highres-ZBrush-art

Really loved the different takes on the DC gang and villians. Really LOVED the Wonder Woman hair and outfit allot.

edited December 1969

I don't see why not. I've seen some pretty crazy layered outfits for Genesis. Look at Luthbel's stuff.

edited December 1969

Yea, Green Arrow's updated look is awesome. LOVED Black Adam's too allot!

• qazartqazart Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Who remembers this woman ?

Looking forward to Terry's new suit for WW

ww_action_b.jpg
    1184 x 1014 - 356K
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

Joequick said:

I don't actively follow superheroes (I'm a typical girl in that regard- never did get into comics, but I do know the ones from a lot of the movies =P), but holy crap my runtime is crying. Those are amazing.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • crikettcrikett Posts: 77
    edited December 1969

Haven't shared anything here for quite a time... and put this together earlier this week:

BMS.jpg
    886 x 665 - 116K
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

Nice modelling, I just wish it was in service to a game I actually was interested in. The "concept" for this game just seems stale, in my opinion. Now, if they put this level of effort into a game about superheroes being, you know, heroic... that might be neat, but I guess grim and gritty is what sells.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

crikett said:
    Haven't shared anything here for quite a time... and put this together earlier this week:

This is awesome , Crikett! Very nice use of the Nemesis car. ;)

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

qazarly!

NICE WONDER WOMAN! She looks like the original actress Lynda Carter! You did a superb job!

KUDOS!

• qazartqazart Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Thanks - here is another shot of her

ww_new_new_copy_2.jpg
    1013 x 1085 - 567K
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

For Hal001's son !

image.jpg
    1024 x 683 - 230K
    edited December 1969

Despite a store glitch, I just picked up Joe's new Zatan... er, Ms Magic outfit. :) Looking forward to trying it out, it looks great.

edited December 1969

Despite a store glitch, I just picked up Joe's new Zatan... er, Ms Magic outfit. :) Looking forward to trying it out, it looks great.

Yea, I just saw that in the e-mail Daz Flyer, Thank you Joe for making the Poser file to go with it, Thank you sooooo much!!! I'll get it this weekend :)

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Yea, I just saw that in the e-mail Daz Flyer, Thank you Joe for making the Poser file to go with it, Thank you sooooo much!!! I'll get it this weekend :)

It went in my cart as soon as I saw it. I didn't even notice who had made it at first. Nice work!

edited December 1969

By the way, thanks again Joe for the Cat!

Cat_SM.jpg
    1142 x 2000 - 465K
    edited July 2013

Working Photoshop hard last night, but I'm happy with the water color affect for the Joequick bats.

bat3_SM-1.jpg
    1500 x 1483 - 3M
    AAA.jpg
    1424 x 800 - 864K
    Post edited by rduda on
This discussion has been closed.