Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• rdudarduda Posts: 579
    edited May 2013

Joequick said:
    Rduda said:
    Joe, are you doing any poser version of the Genesis Blue beetle and Booster?

Are you thinking Genesis via DSON or M4?

Genesis with DSON would be good, I think a lot of us poser user have Genesis and want to use, but lack cool clothes like yours to use with them, or the knowledge to convert them because we don't use Daz 3D enough. But now I do have to note in the past few weeks several great outfits have come up in the store that are very versatile and are on my wish list to get very soon (Future Wilderness, Leather Jacket for Genesis, & Space Age Behemoth Outfit).

Hay! I have some free time as I'm finishing up my latest Trek Bridge, any Prop request for freebies? List a refrerans with you ideas and I'll do a few :)

Post edited by rduda on
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,243
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    Joequick said:
    Rduda said:
    Joe, are you doing any poser version of the Genesis Blue beetle and Booster?

Are you thinking Genesis via DSON or M4?

Genesis with DSON would be good, I think a lot of us poser user have Genesis and want to use, but lack cool clothes like yours to use with them, or the knowledge to convert them because we don't use Daz 3D enough. But now I do have to note in the past few weeks several great outfits have come up in the store that are very versatile and are on my wish list to get very soon (Future Wilderness, Leather Jacket for Genesis, & Space Age Behemoth Outfit).

Hay! I have some free time as I'm finishing up my latest Trek Bridge, any Prop request for freebies? List a refrerans with you ideas and I'll do a few :)

Would you ever consider doing some free standing Trek style consoles and chairs for kitbashing purposes?

• BurstAngelBurstAngel Posts: 761
    edited December 1969

What I could really use, free or paid, is a really cool wrist communicator for my hero team. Hopefully a set which has different types or styles. Maybe a make your own wrist communicator set, that can emulate certain styles or genres.

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

I second the freestanding trek style consoles.

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

What I could really use, free or paid, is a really cool wrist communicator for my hero team. Hopefully a set which has different types or styles. Maybe a make your own wrist communicator set, that can emulate certain styles or genres.

I like this idea, although I think Davo's Backpack construction set could fill the bill: http://www.powerfusion3d.com/BackPacks.html

edited December 1969

Oh! Interesting set, Thanks for the heads up!

edited December 1969

I'm a little treked out, plus this is the super hero thread, so lets keep to that for now... but no to blow it off I'm working on a Voyager engine room that will be a freebee.

Wrist communicators sounds interesting, are we thinking Dick Tracy phone watches or holographic tech?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    I'm a little treked out, plus this is the super hero thread, so lets keep to that for now... but no to blow it off I'm working on a Voyager engine room that will be a freebee.

Wrist communicators sounds interesting, are we thinking Dick Tracy phone watches or holographic tech?

Fortress of Solitude (preferably silver age - the big gold door with the keyhole and the big key disguised as a directional pointing sign)
    Legion of Super-heroes Club-House (silver age upside down rocketship)
    These would be nice to have. :)
    adventure300.jpg
    350 x 515 - 69K
    Fortress_of_Solitude_01.jpg
    533 x 431 - 104K
    edited December 1969

Rduda said:

Honestly, both.

• jimmulvaneyjimmulvaney Posts: 341
    edited May 2013

Just me messing around in DS. Influenced from my recent interests in the Pleiadians and the Lizzies... eventually took it into PS for finishing touches.

ComingDawn.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by jimmulvaney on
    edited May 2013

I should finish my Bat-pants so I can get this out to all you too...

Note: whats shown is Joe's space suit pants, I haven't done mine yet.

Bat_Test_SM.jpg
    463 x 600 - 130K
    Post edited by rduda on
  • shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

please...PLEase...PLEASE!!! finish the Batman pants!!

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited May 2013

I finally decided to buckle down and update my 3D Superman to Genesis, if for no other reason than to keep classic Superman alive in the face of recent changes to t he character and his mythos. As I predicted, there were several challenges, mostly due to there being no DSON files for the G-Suit (seriously, what's up with that, Daz?). I ended up cobbling together a passable suit with the Journeyer Scout pants, the Preppy shirt, and the Town & Country belt. The belt and cape (from Ice-Boy) also took quite a bit of custom morphing. This is only the second render, and from a geometry standpoint, everything seems to work relatively well, though I'm not sure I like the textures just yet. They might seem a little...blah. What do you think?

The suit design basically undoes everything I think is wrong with Routh's and Cavil's. I thought Routh's codpiece and belt rode too low on his hips, and of course Cavil has none at all. Most importantly, the only true S-emblem is displayed across my model's chest. Seriously, why do they feel the need to keep distorting an already iconic symbol? I thought Routh's was bad enough, but one look at Cavil's, and I was ready to run screaming back to Routh, LOL! Ranting aside, I do plan to see "Man of Steel," just to give it a fair chance.

SupermanGenesis2.jpg
    690 x 1200 - 326K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
    edited December 1969

I like all 3 Ideas, I'll try them all. Thank you for the ideas, and I hope when finished you find them useful.

So, this is what I'm working on:
    Bat computer
    Wrist communicator
    Superman Key
    Rocket Club house

I'll post progress as I go and then post props on sharecg.com

edited December 1969

Rduda said:
    I like all 3 Ideas, I'll try them all. Thank you for the ideas, and I hope when finished you find them useful.

So, this is what I'm working on:
    Bat computer
    Wrist communicator
    Superman Key
    Rocket Club house

I'll post progress as I go and then post props on sharecg.com

Yayz!
  • JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited May 2013

Gregorius said:
    As I predicted, there were several challenges, mostly due to there being no DSON files for the G-Suit (seriously, what's up with that, Daz?).

1) Resave as a .duf
    2) Generate Poser companion files (select the item you need companion files for and then right click on the content library tab to bring up the menu shown in the picture).

Edit: The images below are in reverse order

resave.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 478K
    companionfiles.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 280K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

A couple test renders of my old Apollo Maximus Sinestro in Daz Studio and a Guardian Morph for Genesis (I hope to do a render of Sinestro surrounded by a bunch of dead guardians).

guardian.jpg
    800 x 600 - 129K
    vssinestro.jpg
    384 x 500 - 124K
    subsurfacesinestro.jpg
    384 x 500 - 48K
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know where I can find a template for the genesis supersuit?

Thanks!

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Thanks!

Found this one on ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/62282/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Supersuit-Templates#

edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    A couple test renders of my old Apollo Maximus Sinestro in Daz Studio and a Guardian Morph for Genesis (I hope to do a render of Sinestro surrounded by a bunch of dead guardians).

Joe, do you plan to make the Guardian available? I'd love to have that.
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:

Thanks!

THANKS!

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:

Thanks!

THANKS!
    You're welcome. :-)

edited December 1969

Guess who's back this summer? :cheese:
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2013/05/22/wolverine-summer-must-list/

edited December 1969

Made a new Sinestro corps outfit for Apollo, still needs a new belt and that armband. For comparison, I'm also attaching an old render of my original Apollo Sinestro from several years back (the model sheet looking one is a Poser render from 2010)

sinestro_post.jpg
    1366 x 768 - 251K
    sinestrosuit.jpg
    800 x 600 - 138K
    joequick201003041940020.jpg
    500 x 800 - 167K
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Made a new Sinestro corps outfit for Apollo, still needs a new belt and that armband. For comparison, I'm also attaching an old render of my original Apollo Sinestro from several years back (the model sheet looking one is a Poser render from 2010)

Super job on your Sinestro suit!! any Lantern pict awesome, I love the yellow and black eyes! Best use of apollo too, he definitely is an under used figure. cant wait to see the final image with the dead guardians.

• Mr Gneiss GuyMr Gneiss Guy Posts: 462
    edited December 1969

I hsiw eht annataz tiftou saw tou. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Joe, was there a texture map for the Banded suit?

01.jpg
    776 x 767 - 23K
  • GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited December 1969

Further refinements to my updated Superman for Genesis..

Superman.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 204K
    edited May 2013

Rduda said:
    Joe, was there a texture map for the Banded suit?

None of the textures I included were mapped. They were all done with tiles and shaders, MAT Presets should be in poses/joequick/bandedbodysuit/suitmats. I think there's also a copy of the straight shader versions in the materials folder (so you can apply them to other things so materials match the suit).

If you're looking for a template for making a texture map. Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8mcn6n1ubkmczj4/BandedBodySuit.jpg

heavymetal800.jpg
    800 x 500 - 324K
    mats2.jpg
    500 x 800 - 319K
    Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

did another one with the right emblem colors

sinestro.jpg
    615 x 800 - 128K
    sinestro2post.jpg
    615 x 800 - 176K