Like a Phoenix from the Ashes, Who Wants to Render a Superhero?

Comments

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

I could have swore I saw him making an expansion pack too. So far, he has only made some Super-Hero goodies for Golden Age Heroes in his freebies at ShareCG.

Yeah I grabbed all of those when I heard about ShareCG, since I had plans on grabbing this set and I couldn't stand them being in my runtime with nothing to go with it. I am going to hve to break down and make something soon. Might have to try out a Punisher costume, or maybe a Deadpool.

Punisher would be easy. As for Deadpool...

http://hiram67.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5hbhi1

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:
    Just got around to purchasing Smay's new zombie textures. So far loving it, I turned Mr. Hyde into a zombie hulk :)

Next after this is definitely a resident evil render I think.

Interesting takes on Cap, Vision and Thor. Your whole render also looks very illustrative. You've done a good job getting the disparate textures and elements to all look a uniform style.

Hey Joe -- did I ever show you the Sentinel video thingy I did using your guy?

It was turning out kinda crappy so I ditched the WIP. Still, there were some decent parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73NH2uhOktU&feature=plcp

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186
    edited December 1969

I could have swore I saw him making an expansion pack too. So far, he has only made some Super-Hero goodies for Golden Age Heroes in his freebies at ShareCG.

Yeah I grabbed all of those when I heard about ShareCG, since I had plans on grabbing this set and I couldn't stand them being in my runtime with nothing to go with it. I am going to hve to break down and make something soon. Might have to try out a Punisher costume, or maybe a Deadpool.

Punisher would be easy. As for Deadpool...

http://hiram67.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5hbhi1

I saw that a few days ago but that is for the M4 Bodysuit and not Joe hero suit, but I haven't looked at the mapping for Joe's suit either so they might match. Might be a good starting point, thanks for reminding me to grab it. I figured Punisher would be a really easy one to do first, might have to add a couple of primitive tubes to make an earlier sty one as well. I haven't read Punisher for a while but wasn't there a female one for a while when they thought he was dead?

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

The only female Punisher that I am aware of is Vendetta who was the Punisher in 2099.

edited December 1969

The one I am thinking about was a cop that he saved and then there was a black British guy at the same time along with a white guy too. Either that or I have been sniffing to much sand and camel farts lately.

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited October 2012

The one I am thinking about was a cop that he saved and then there was a black British guy at the same time along with a white guy too. Either that or I have been sniffing to much sand and camel farts lately.

I think you're referring to Lynn Michaels and Eddie Dyson.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/michlynn.htm

Post edited by Servant on
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:

I think you're referring to Lynn Michaels and Eddie Dyson.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/michlynn.htm

BINGO!! That is them. Thanks for the smack to the back of the head to get it running again!

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,698
    edited December 1969

Ducky (and outfit), Shark, and Muck are original. There's also a Mr. Hyde in there, a wife beater and torn up jeans by Smay, Valandar's big gun, and finally Stonemason's wreckage and skydome.

DuckieTriumphantWeb.jpg
    615 x 800 - 197K
  • RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited October 2012

Okay... my entry into the foray...

Whose alley?

WolverineWIP2.jpg
    783 x 881 - 418K
    Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited October 2012

?

edited October 2012

RAMWolff said:

I think the correct answer was "Wolverine's Alley"

Though you can really get that Alley for a steal right now if you're a platinum club member: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dark-places-back-alley-2k9

Post edited by JoeQuick on
    edited December 1969

Joequick said:

I think the correct answer was "Wolverine's Alley"

Though you can really get that Alley for a steal right now: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dark-places-back-alley-2k9

Heh... you are BOTH winners. *chuckle*

edited October 2012

I liked the alley so much, I bought it twice....

(grumblegrumbletheyneedtofixthatthingeethattellsyouwhenyouboughtsomethinggrumblegrumble)

:)

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    I liked the alley so much, I bought it twice....

(grumblegrumbletheyneedtofixthatthingeethattellsyouwhenyouboughtsomethinggrumblegrumble)

:)

They've pretty much got a no questions asked return policy.

edited December 1969

I know, I know. I already sent the ticket. :)

I gots no worries. Just thought it was funny I had forgotten.

edited December 1969

http://www.motifake.com/chocolate-egg-creams-egg-creams-black-adam-marvel-shazam-com-demotivational-posters-16462.html

I want to try to put something like this scene from Black Adam: The Dark Age together. The new diner set has lots of great stuff, but I don't think I saw a shake in there, so I made my own.

shake.jpg
    800 x 600 - 84K
    edited October 2012

Wow! Nice? Freebie at ShareCG?

(you are a great and mighty modeller, oh great one for whom I am not worthy to render but in my oh so humble, meager, and unworthy opinion, would it be possible to expand the base of the glass by a half inch to make it more stable? Oh thank you great one for not immediately striking me down with your mighty thunderbolts from on high)

edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

(you are a great and mighty modeller, oh great one for whom I am not worthy to render but in my oh so humble, meager, and unworthy opinion, would it be possible to expand the base of the glass by a half inch to make it more stable? Oh thank you great one for not immediately striking me down with your mighty thunderbolts from on high)

Popup5.jpg
    615 x 800 - 113K
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Yeah, I'll go back and do that when I add the sprinkles.

edited December 1969

AAAH!

(sharks have multiple rows of teeth..... please don't kill me.)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Sharks no likey me... I'm too tough.. they just spit me out! OY! :P

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Do an animated render of that shark singing the 'Habanera' from Bizet's Carmen, please. :P

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited December 1969

Hmmm. That image by Joe got me thinking we need a Shark Man morph for Genesis for guys like King Shark, those baddies from Astro City and... THE STREET SHARKS! ^_^

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

BorgyB said:
    Hmmm. That image by Joe got me thinking we need a Shark Man morph for Genesis for guys like King Shark, those baddies from Astro City and... THE STREET SHARKS! ^_^

BorgyB

That IS the Genesis figure. That is Joe's handiwork, and yes... he is just that good. :)

edited October 2012

Joe? For a promo image, can you have the Killer Shark dressed as a plumber knocking on a door with a speech bubble that says "Plumber, ma'am."?

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Nice to see this thread is still going!

edited December 1969

Me too.

Reality render with some post work on hair and shirt only for Logans' Alley

LogansAlley-Web.jpg
    648 x 972 - 786K
    edited December 1969

I worked a little on Stephanie Brown this weekend too. I've been partially basing the design off of this girls cosplay stuff: http://aigue-marine.deviantart.com/gallery/34987542

I might go back and bring the helmet/cowl more in line with it.

stephbrown.jpg
    800 x 600 - 142K
This discussion has been closed.