Problem with Ultimate Dynamic Tee Material

Hi DAZers

if i load a part of the Ultimate Dynamic Tee on my Genesis Figure and then add a Material, everything looks fine. But after draping it whit the Dynamic Cloth Plugin, the Texture gets some white parts (see the picture). What am i doing wrong?

Greetings
Uwe

DynamicTee_001a.jpg
282 x 400 - 47K

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Is that an included material setting or an add-on?

Does it do the same thing with others or just that particular one?

• Pixelshredder1Pixelshredder1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It is an included material and it does it with all parts of Ultimate Dynamic Tee.
    I don't have any other dynamic clothing to test it.

DS 4.5.1.6 Pro (64Bit)
    Dynamic Cloth plugin Ver. 1.2.1.6 (64Bit)

edited December 1969

It is an included material and it does it with all parts of Ultimate Dynamic Tee.
    I don't have any other dynamic clothing to test it.

I take that to mean with all the included material settings?

I don't have that particular item, but it looks like the seams are showing when it's posed. That's usually a problem with the texture maps not quite matching the UV layout.

If you go to the surface pane and remove the diffuse map and substitute a color what does it look like?

edited December 1969

It happens with all included materials.
    Good idea! I changed the color and the seams have the color i selected.
    It looks like a mismatching texture map but why is the texture of the seams correct after loading the shirt before draping it?
    Does the Dynamic Cloth plugin change the UVs after draping?

edited December 1969

Something isn't mapped right...during a drape there is plenty of stretching, so it looks like the texture map isn't following the stretching. That can mean that there is something off with UV map...another check, if you've got something like Fabricator...or another tiling shader, Apply it. If it doesn't tile properly, then there is a UV map problem,

edited December 1969

Thanks for your help mjc1016.
    I don't have the fabricator. But i will do some tests in this direction and be back tomorrow.

edited December 1969

It probably needs a support ticket submitted...I'm guessing there was a change/edit to the mesh done and the UVs weren't updated.

edited December 1969

Ok, i will do that.

• Gaia ClaryGaia Clary Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi, there;
    I just wanted to tell you that i got the exact same issue with that product. I was curious and so i checked the UV maps of the Tee as follows:

- added the Genesis Tee to an empty scene
    - exported the Tee as "before_drape.obj"
    - now i added a genesis character, fit the Tee to Genesis and draped. That's when the artefacts appear.
    - Then i removed the genesis character again
    - cleared the drape
    - and exported the Tee again as "after_drape.obj"

Now i imported the 2 objects to another 3D application and there i compared the UV maps of both exported objects (as i have no idea how i could do that comparison in Daz-Studio).

Result: The before_drape.obj has an intact UV layout. But the after_drape.obj has massive distortions of the UV maps(!) along the visual broken parts of the Tee. So Daz-Studio apparently breaks the UV-layout during draping.

I filed a report to DAZ for that.

cheers,
    Gaia

edited December 1969

That's actually beginning to sound more like a geometry problem...maybe an extra vertex...or several.

The UV map, if there aren't extras or unwelded vertices should move with the drape. While an item with extra/double/unwelded vertices would have one tied to the UV map and the doubled one wouldn't be...and during the drape it would 'stay fixed' and it's clone (that's marked would move)...that would also account for the mesh breaking, too...can you post a screenshot of the broken Tee (take a screenshot with the viewport set to Wire Texture Shaded)....

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 2012

MCJ could I BEG you to change the Avatar? The Rapid Head banging hurts my head in real life. Even slower would help.
    I'm Disabled with a motion activated panic disorder. I love your posts, they are very good. I know Avatars are very personal things.
    I would not say a thing if yours did not cause me a real headache.

This is a personal request. If you say no I fully understand.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    MCJ could I BEG you to change the Avatar? The Rapid Head banging hurts my head in real life. Even slower would help.
    I'm Disabled with a motion activated panic disorder. I love your posts, they are very good. I know Avatars are very personal things.

Crap...can the forums some how speed up a gif?

It's going a heck of a lot faster here than it is on my machine...

I'll change it...it seems to be getting much faster.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Jaderail said:

I'll change it...it seems to be getting much faster.Not a clue never did a Animated gif Avy before. But thank you for looking into it. Much appreciated.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    mjc1016 said:
    Jaderail said:

I'll change it...it seems to be getting much faster.

Not a clue never did a Animated gif Avy before. But thank you for looking into it. Much appreciated.

I opened up the gif on my machine and the forum one was going twice as fast!

edited December 1969

The screenshot:

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=41333

The UV map:

http://pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=41334

As far as i can see only the vertices on the seams are affected.
    There are no duplicate vertices in the mesh.

edited December 1969

Yes, there is something wrong with the mesh...look at the areas around the shoulder seam.,,and the side seam on the wireframe of the mesh. Try redownloading the item. If that doesn't help, submit a support ticket.

tee.png
    601 x 977 - 543K
    edited December 1969

Unfortunately it is not a simple mesh problem. The mesh is fully intact. I tripple checked that. No duplicate vertices, no stray vertices, no nothing obviously wrong with the mesh. Since i am the second user who reports this issue here, i believe that something is broken either in the distribution of the Dynamic Tee item or it is simply a compatibility issue with Studio-4.5 and/or the Genesis character.

The most puzzling point is that although the item is declared as compatible to Genesis, it provides material sets only Victoria 4, but neither for v5 nor for genesis. Maybe that is the true cause of the problem.

btw a re-download does not help either. And i have already reported the issue to daz people 2 days ago and patiently wait for the answer :)

• edited December 1969

Hi folks,

Another user also reported the same issue with this product. I forwarded it as a bug report in our Mantis Bug tracker. The tester was *not* able to duplicate the bug. He did provide some helpful recommendations that I have taken the liberty of pasting here. I recommend that you follow these instructions.

MANTIS 48466
    "https://bugs.daz3d.com/view.php?id=48466" (may require Mantis user account to view)

"Hello!
    I have a clean install (64 bit) of DAZ Studio 4.5.1.6 Pro, DCC 1.2.1.6 and Version 1.0 of the Dynamic Tee. I was unable to reproduce your issue.

Here are the steps I used:
    Load Genesis
    Load Dynamic Tee
    Fit the Tee to Genesis then unfit it.(Tried with and without parenting to chest same results for both)
    Open animation pane set FPS to 15
    Select frame 10 and apply morph/pose to Genesis and create the new key frame.
    Go to Dynamic Clothing pane and select Collide with Genesis making sure the Tee is unselected.
    Select the Animated radial and hit the Drape button.
    Once draping is completed I then ran through all the material options with no issues. See attached render "DynamicTeeDS4516.jpg"
    I tried this will all the versions of the Tee.

I did have an issue like this on my system a while back and it turned out to be DS4 DCC and DS4.5 DCC not liking to be installed side by side on the same machine. If that is not the case with your system I would say you may have a corrupted installer file and to redownload and reinstall the DCC.

Elli"