UV nightmare (are multiple UV sets possible?)

abimationabimation Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Second total newbie (on a screaming deadline) question:

I have a superhero character on who's chest I would like to place a logo. Unfortunately the Supersuit current UVs distort the logo and I can't find a workaround. I searched for info/tutorials about the Texture Atlas but still didn't get any help.
Coming from programs such as Softimage I would normally get my logo it's own UV set with a flat frontal projection and be ready. Is that possible with DAZ 4.5 Pro?

THNX in advance
Hope it's note right under my eyes :-)

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

If it is a pretty simple logo, make a plane (use a plane primitive with plenty of divisions and then subdivide it, sharp corners/edges...that setting will be under parameters)
    Then apply the logo to the plane. You will need to make a transparency map...the interior of the logo area is white and outside the outline gets black. Also a bump map would be nice. Assign the texture map of the logo to Diffuse, the transmap to Opacity and the greyscale bump map (if you've got one) do displacement.

Then convert prop to figure (Edit > Object), apply a smoothing modifier. Then position, scale and parent the item to the Supersuit...then in parameters set the Supersuit as the collision object and play with the iterations to get to 'stick' to the surface...

• abimationabimation Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Many thanks! Did all the steps and it looked fine.....until I began posing the character and the logo remained at it's original position.
    Should I do something more?

edited December 1969

Scratch that out. I changed the parent from the Supersuit to the chest (where I placed the logo) and it worked like a charm.
    Many thanks again. Haven't done this for many years...trying to learn a program while on deadline.

edited December 1969

Just thinking about it. If the logo wasn't simple, is there a way to do it texture wise?

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it just gets expensive, because if you want it to have decent definition, you'll need to very finely divide the 'backer board'...of course if you don't need any 'depth' to it, (like a painted on) then it doesn't matter how simple/complex.

Here's a quick one...I should 'taper' the displacement map some....

logo.png
    800 x 1000 - 694K