View port changes when I select new tab

mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
edited December 1969 in New Users

One of the things I don't like in the DAZ Studio UI is that when I switch between the Actors, Wardrobe & props / Pose & Animate / Lights & Cameras / Render tabs the view port options change. It seems to try to switch back to the view port options I had last time I was on that tab. This is hardly ever what I want. I have searched for some way to turn this off, but I cannot find any option to turn it off. Is there a way to turn this off?

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited November 2012

What you need to do (should do anyway) is to save your Layout when it is the way that you want it to always load.

Go to Window > Workspace > Save Layout As..., or use the F4 hotkey. Save your Layout with a name that you will recognise, and then you can always load it again using the Window > Workspace > Select Layout. You can save several layouts in this way, I have one for rigging as well.

Make sure you have the layout the way that you want it to remain, then save it, and you can always load it again at any time.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

What you need to do (should do anyway) is to save your Layout when it is the way that you want it to always load.

Go to Window > Workspace > Save Layout As..., or use the F4 hotkey. Save your Layout with a name that you will recognise, and then you can always load it again using the Window > Workspace > Select Layout. You can save several layouts in this way, I have one for rigging as well.

Make sure you have the layout the way that you want it to remain, then save it, and you can always load it again at any time.

Thank you for the suggestion, but I don't think that is exactly what I am looking for.

I am currently working on a large scene with several groups of characters in different areas. I have added 2 or 3 posing cameras for each group of characters, so I can quickly switch views to see them from different angles while posing them. There is no fixed set of view options I want to always go back to. I want it to stay on the view options I currently have set when I change tabs and let me change the view options when I want to change them.

I gather there is currently no way to do that. I think an option to do this would be a good enhancement to add in future versions.

• prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

If its DS 4 or later that you're using, then you can get rid of those Tabs/Rooms altogether and avoid the need to switch tabs.

I found that 'Rooms' paradigm so restrictive, halting my workflow instead of aiding it. It was the first thing I changed in the layout.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited November 2012

prixat said:
    If its DS 4 or later that you're using, then you can get rid of those Tabs/Rooms altogether and avoid the need to switch tabs.

I found that 'Rooms' paradigm so restrictive, halting my workflow instead of aiding it. It was the first thing I changed in the layout.

I am using DS 4.5. I did Window -> Workspace -> Select Layout .....

From the drop down list I selected "City Limits".

This layout seems easier to use. The view port settings don't change when I move between the different panes. It is only one click to get to any of the panes docked on the left or right sides bars.

I'm not sure this is what you meant, but thanks for the suggestion.

Post edited by mark128 on
  • prixatprixat Posts: 1,585
    edited December 1969

Yes, that's what I meant.

Then, you can still create particular arrangements of tabs etc. (if needed) and save them as different layouts as Jimmy suggested.