Davo Appreciation Thread

Comments

• MADMANMIKEMADMANMIKE Posts: 407
    edited December 1969

Really great vehicles! I really like the layout of the last one. Starship deckplans are also cool to see. I particularly like the description of the details and little touches like a window into the cargo hold to give the illusion of great space. Nice job.

Just out of curiosity, is this still a Davo Appreciation thread? :) I was going to post a comment saying how great it is to have such a nice variety of cool sci-fi models and stuff.

Heh, yeah, if some other people would post some Davo images it would help to that degree..

I was unhappy with that last image (used Bryce 6.1 instead of D|S 2.3), so I redid it in D|S..

09WedgeLandedDSDAZ.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 1M
    edited December 1969

Wow, almost a whole month. Well, I've finally got another one, the Mack 3K Tug.

Better resolution in my DeviantArt gallery Here.

05Mack3KTugTDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 814K
    04Mack3KTugTfullDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 953K
    03Mack3KTugBDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 783K
    02Mack3KTugSds.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 772K
    01Mack3KTugFds.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 775K
    edited December 1969

And the rest.. Description of the ship is at the link to DA..

08Mack3KTugLandedDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 798K
    07Mack3KTugUDDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 864K
    06Mack3KTugLDDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 867K
    edited December 1969

This weeks Dystopian Tuesdays image, using Davo's Facades packs available on powerfusion3d.com..

Original image on Dreamslayerartworks.com and full res image on my DeviantArt Gallery...

SnackShackPickupDS.jpg
    1174 x 1500 - 1M
    edited March 2013

It's been a long month.. My settlement hearing was a bust with the insurance not showing up, claiming they never got the change of venue notice. So now I have to wait who knows how long to get a settlement, and meanwhile I need to find a job..

So stress has been putting me behind to say the least.

This past weekend however I did manage to throw this one together. The Starling Dropship.

-Mike

05StarlingLDDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 977K
    04StarlingTDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 919K
    03StarlingBDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 861K
    02StarlingSDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 804K
    01StarlingFDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 813K
    Post edited by MADMANMIKE on
    edited December 1969

And the upper deck... That's a crawl space from the stairwell to the cramped engine room at the upper rear above the cargo bay.

06StarlingUDDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 944K
  • FriskiesFriskies Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Madmanmike > Very nice work, it is always good to see your creative side. Keep up the greet work.

Meo!

edited December 1969

Thanks; I've been in a bit of a space-ship creative slump since my first settlement hearing was a bust. Now that that's over I've started working at a new job for the first time in almost 17 months..

But today I should have a project finished that should be pretty good..

edited December 1969

Okay, still haven't done a set of backgrounds and the interior is ahead, but the exterior on this is done and I'm happy with it, so time to share.

This is the Nightingale, a helicarrier with a powerful electromagnet used to pirate other aircraft. A team of special forces troops were left for dead by their nation and saved by a mad scientist who turned them into his cyborg minions and built this out of the remains of their assault craft.

Done for a friends Ninjas & Superspies game..

HC04TDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 169K
    HC03BDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 201K
    HC02SDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 152K
    HC01FDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 151K
  • GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,035
    edited December 1969

Cool. Where did the helicopter blades come from?

David

edited December 1969

David

That's the FVCS Engine 13.. I did add transparent cylinders to them to create a bit of a blur effect, but I haven't textured them with the appropriate lines yet because I haven't got a copy of Photoshop for my new computer yet..

I did notice however that the assemblies function properly in DazStudio 4..

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,537
    edited December 1969

David

That's the FVCS Engine 13.. I did add transparent cylinders to them to create a bit of a blur effect, but I haven't textured them with the appropriate lines yet because I haven't got a copy of Photoshop for my new computer yet..

This may be old news, but one problem with many of the assemblies is that they use the 'Taper' dial for some of the pieces. Earlier versions of DS didn't support taper. Has this changed?

edited December 1969

pwiecek said:

David

This may be old news, but one problem with many of the assemblies is that they use the 'Taper' dial for some of the pieces. Earlier versions of DS didn't support taper. Has this changed?

Not that I've seen; when I want to use the Taper Morph I end up exporting a .obj from Poser 6 to use as a prop in D|S..

edited December 1969

pwiecek said:

David

Not that I've seen; when I want to use the Taper Morph I end up exporting a .obj from Poser 6 to use as a prop in D|S..

OK,

I had tried using magnets. I never thought about exporting the modified mesh. Not that I ever used DS that much anyway.

edited December 1969

pwiecek said:

OK,

I had tried using magnets. I never thought about exporting the modified mesh. Not that I ever used DS that much anyway.

Yeah, the parts I use the taper morph most on are sitting in my props library so I can load them any time I want; I gave up on Poser because it was slow and the lighting options never worked as well as they did in D|S, at least with Poser 6.. Now that I'm used to D|S, I see no reason to spend money on a new version of Poser when all I'd be getting for my money was a set of content I'd never use..

edited December 1969

I stay away from DS because of the learning curve. Poser is probably just as bad, but I'm a lot further along on that one.

edited December 1969

pwiecek said:
    I stay away from DS because of the learning curve. Poser is probably just as bad, but I'm a lot further along on that one.

That was why I was slow to adopt it as well, but it actually turned out to be more user friendly. That coupled with the speed increase made me loathe to open Poser anymore..

edited December 1969

Here's some info on the SFCS i upgrade available from Powerfusion3d. I didn't get the texture packs. Maybe next time.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23102/P15/

edited December 1969

pwiecek said:
    Here's some info on the SFCS i upgrade available from Powerfusion3d. I didn't get the texture packs. Maybe next time.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/23102/P15/

Thanks for the heads up! I've had the upgrade and all the texture expansions for some time, although I've also been making my own texture sets for them as well..

edited October 2013

Wow, it's been seven months since I've finished a ship design! Here's one I'm working on just to get the old skills back in order.. The Pincher Shuttle.

PincherShuttle01FDSs.jpg
    900 x 578 - 406K
    edited December 1969

Here I am in my echo chamber.. While I've been doing a secret project over the past few months I haven't had much time for space ship designs. Still, I got the bug, so I put together another this week, the Magellan Shuttle.

Not sure if I should bother putting it in my DA gallery; I've done four exterior shots and an interior like usual, but I'm thinking it's time to start selling .pdfs...

MagellanShuttle02SDS.jpg
    1500 x 964 - 451K
    edited December 2013

Here I am in my echo chamber.. While I've been doing a secret project over the past few months I haven't had much time for space ship designs. Still, I got the bug, so I put together another this week, the Magellan Shuttle.

Not sure if I should bother putting it in my DA gallery; I've done four exterior shots and an interior like usual, but I'm thinking it's time to start selling .pdfs...

Oh, the turrets are from the H.B.T., and the rest is from the F.V.C.S.. Of course the interior (not shown) is entirely with the S.F.C.S. (and it's expansions) and the S.F.E.S.

Wait, I take that back; I used four of Body Type 3 from the G.V.C.S. as fillers, not visible in this image.

edited December 1969

I like it. Maybe you can make the set-up file available so the rest of us can put one together too. Just a thought...

David

edited December 1969

I like it. Maybe you can make the set-up file available so the rest of us can put one together too. Just a thought...

David

Not sure what you mean.. the basic format of a .pdf?

edited December 1969

I guess it would be a pose file or maybe a character/prop file that calls the different parts and loads them correctly in a scene. Not really sure how else to explain it. I believe I already have all the parts and pieces, just dont know how you assembled them and which parts you used.

David

edited December 1969

I guess it would be a pose file or maybe a character/prop file that calls the different parts and loads them correctly in a scene. Not really sure how else to explain it. I believe I already have all the parts and pieces, just dont know how you assembled them and which parts you used.

David

Oh, I see what you mean; Sorry, I don't use poser any more, only DazStudio. I can give you a parts list though; the only thing missing from this list are the three Body Module 7's parented to the canopy of cockpit 3 to cover the top and side windows.

MagellanPartsList.jpg
    962 x 681 - 367K
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

If you ever decide to start selling the ships themselves (in some format that doesn't include geometry or defies copyrights), even if only a step-by-step PDF for building the shell and interiors (with dial settings), I'm all over 'em. You do incredible work.

As always, thanks for sharing your images, they're inspiring.

-- Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

A scene file would work just as well. Because when one opens it, it would try and load the necessary parts and pieces in their proper places.

David

• MJ007MJ007 Posts: 1,679
    edited February 2014

I need a little help. Can someone tell me all the sites Davorama sells at? I am looking for a particular product of his but cant recall the site where its sold.

Its a robot I believe is called "The Enforcer" and to my knowledge only this one site sells it.

-MJ

Post edited by MJ007 on
    edited December 1969

MJ007 said:
    I need a little help. Can someone tell me all the sites Davorama sells at? I am looking for a particular product of his but cant recall the site where its sold.

Its a robot I believe is called "The Enforcer" and to my knowledge only this one site sells it.

-MJ

The only Enforcer robot I'm aware of is Stonemasons, and it's here: http://www.daz3d.com/robots-cyborgs/mech-2012-enforcer

Davo sells a few sets here, most at powerfusion3d and a few at renderotica..