Genesis figure creation.

MiloMilo Posts: 511
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I haven't had much luck with the searching here. Is there any tutorials, how-tos, pointers on creating Genesis figures (not setting dials and saving) but additional / changed mesh.

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Milo :)

You should be able to open genesis in DS then bridge to hexagon to create a Morph target shape.

you could also load genesis into carrara 8.5 beta ,. edit,.. and export as obj

I don't think there will be any tutorials on this yet, since 8.5 is still beta.

Hey, maybe you could make a tut :)

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

Nods that would be how doing it with say V4. I notice with Genesis that say like Anubus and such there is added geometry, does doing it say through Hex as a morph allow additional geometry that will morph and it just fixes/knows about it when it comes back in DS? Does that get into what I have read the edges around of Geographing (Though I thought that was a big different).

Your right if I do figure it out, putting it into a tutorial would be a good thing to do.!

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

I believe that Genesis figures are all basically morphs of the base mesh, albeit some are quite extreme. But there are no changes to the mesh topology. The exception is when Geografting is involved, which involves adding extra pieces into the mesh. If the extra pieces are static, then they can just be added as smart props, but geografting allows adding extra wings, limbs etc that need to be articulated as extensions of the body.

• MiloMilo Posts: 511
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I believe that Genesis figures are all basically morphs of the base mesh, albeit some are quite extreme. But there are no changes to the mesh topology. The exception is when Geografting is involved, which involves adding extra pieces into the mesh. If the extra pieces are static, then they can just be added as smart props, but geografting allows adding extra wings, limbs etc that need to be articulated as extensions of the body.

Got you.. Eventually I will want to look at the geografting. But it seems then it has a high level of sub-division available for the mesh, then a different UV set for the shapes? So things don't look stretched/bunched?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Yes. The level of subdivision is selectable but Genesis has one level by default. And one of the clever aspects is that it can have different UV maps applied, as you say so that textures are applied smoothly to highly distorted morphs.