More Daleks for you!

edited December 1969 in Freebies

Available to download right now from Renderosity Freestuff, my latest non canon Daleks, STLB GS. These models use geometry switching to give thousands of combinations. The attached pic shows some of the variations available.

Also, pending in Renderosity Freestuff are new versions of my Movie Daleks. These have modelled detail on the lamps, as opposed to the previous ones, which used Displacement. These are alternates, rather than replacements and should be available within the next 24 hours.

Both packs require Poser 6 up. Not tested in DAZ Studio, unfortunately. Any D|S owners who want to give them a spin are more than welcome.

STLBGS3R.jpg
800 x 450 - 99K

Comments

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the new Dalek.
    Just posted this image in the Dalek appreciation thread in the commons.

12-06-01_dalek.jpg
    796 x 1050 - 234K
  • edited December 1969

Nice one! That's a cracking picture.

• dolphiniusdolphinius Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Wow..those look great!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Sorry but how do I find your renderosity free stuff? Is your user name the same as here?

• edited June 2012

Sorry but how do I find your renderosity free stuff? Is your user name the same as here?

Yep. SamTherapy. Just search for my Freestuff and you'll find all my Daleks. The best ones are in Exterminate 2012 onwards. All the ones before that aren't as well made or - in the case of the non canon stuff - as well thought out. I think the newer models are a vast improvement.

You'll also see some of Mechmaster's Daleks in with mine. I converted his meshes from C4D to Poser. Mechmaster gave me permission to upload them in my name. The Readme credits Mech for the builds, of course.

Edited to add: The new Movie Daleks are also now available for dowload.

Post edited by king_dice_0dd6166ef2 on
  • edited December 1969

Yep. SamTherapy. Just search for my Freestuff and you'll find all my Daleks. The best ones are in Exterminate 2012 onwards. All the ones before that aren't as well made or - in the case of the non canon stuff - as well thought out. I think the newer models are a vast improvement.

You'll also see some of Mechmaster's Daleks in with mine. I converted his meshes from C4D to Poser. Mechmaster gave me permission to upload them in my name. The Readme credits Mech for the builds, of course.

I have to stand by Sam's Daleks. They are a thing of beauty. His work over at the Dalek Project is amazing, as are the works of the other members.
    It's always an awesome day when Sam updates his models and shares some of his best creations, and they are a joy to always render with.

• edited December 1969

Lord Iffy said:

I have to stand by Sam's Daleks. They are a thing of beauty. His work over at the Dalek Project is amazing, as are the works of the other members.
    It's always an awesome day when Sam updates his models and shares some of his best creations, and they are a joy to always render with.

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's a pleasure to make and share these models. Even more so, knowing they're appreciated.

• edited December 1969

Lord Iffy said:

Thank you very much for your kind words. It's a pleasure to make and share these models. Even more so, knowing they're appreciated.

Oh, they are very appreciated. They are so well done, and render like a dream.
    I hope one day, to see if you do a classic era STW-Dalek, as it's rumoured to be appearing in the new series, and more variations on your amazing home-brew styles.
    Also, hopefully you can delight us with Poser versions of the old series and new series Dalek saucers, as well as some interior scenery. I know BB did a Obj version of the Dalek Progenitor Room, but it sadly doesn't load well in Poser.

One thing I do wish, though, was that someone was able to do a Poser version of the Dalek that had been designed by Rob Semenoff back in the early 2000's.

• edited December 1969

I'll work through the entire canon eventually. Dunno about scenery but maybe some day. Yep, Rob's Dalek is rather nice.

• aldemps_65d152c25faldemps_65d152c25f Posts: 157
    edited December 1969

One thing I would like to see is Dalek debris:
    domes with dents, busted lights & eyestalks
    bent plungers/claws/guns
    skirts with busted globes & bent panels
    etc..

These could just be props to litter the landscape or smartpropped to existing dalek models to show damage.

Perhaps you could add it to your never ending list of things to model?;-)

• edited December 1969

I'll work through the entire canon eventually. Dunno about scenery but maybe some day. Yep, Rob's Dalek is rather nice.

Cool. There's not many people doing Doctor Who stuff for Poser. Heck, I'd kill for a good Poser model of the Matt Smith style Police Box and his Sonic Screwdriver. Though I know a Poser version of the Smith Sonic did appear, very briefly, on Vanishing Point, but it was quickly taken down for unknown reasons (perhaps a conversion of the Rob Semenoff lightwave model.)
    Then again, it's the same with Star Wars... Plenty of Star Trek stuff, but not Star Wars or Doctor Who.

• Nod64Nod64 Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

You could always ask him if you could convert it. :)

Love the designs. All better than that new thing that they used in the show.

• ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Sorry man,but do you still have a renderosity account???I can't find your dalek models there,infact i cannot find your page too :(

• ginonovantaginonovanta Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

thanks for your help,very appreciated!