Hi Folks,

I seem to have a line missing in my "Preference Editor/Misc"

The missing line is "Size of the Universal Manipulator"

Any ideas as to why that might be.

Post edited by rampage1_ccd66be212 on

Comments

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

I don't have it either - why do you think it should be there?

• edited December 1969

I think it used to be there in past versions, Roy. I've heard of a "missing" piece on this menu before.

If you look at the very bottom of the misc screen, you'll see the following:

_________ .

The line is actually the top edge of an adjustment box, and the dot is the end of the upper tip of an adjustment arrow. Similar boxes/arrows are seen just above on the "rotation speed" and "translations speed" settings.

So to answer Rampage's question, it's an "oops". The preference editor has fixed size pages throughout, and the misc page has more options than can fit on that sized page. The programmers forgot to adjust the menu page size to be long enough to include all the options on all the pages (or to include a scrolling function). :)

I've sometimes wondered if there's only 1 item covered up there or if there's a dozen more adjustments underneath it that we'll never see! :-)

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited December 1969

Can't say I've ever seen such a thing, or had any need of it:)

One wonders what other strange options lurk unseen - a "make art" button, maybe:)

• ausairausair Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

The option you discuss is in the manual but must have been deleted accidentally or deliberately for the current release.

Post edited by ausair on
  • cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583
    edited December 1969

Hi RamPage01,

“Size of the Universal Manipulator” is in the preferences for version 2.5.0.5 (and previous versions as well, as I recall).

Are you using 2.5.1.79 (latest version)?

• edited December 1969

Hi Roygee,

I have seen it in a couple of the tutorial vids and wondered why it was not visible in my program.

I thought it may be a setting I could alter to clear up the strange fragmented overlay I get on the icons at the bottom of Hexagon.

It's like they are not refreshing properly, as soon as I put the cursor over the icon, it clears up, it's no big deal just annoying.

• edited December 1969

Hi cdordoni,

The version I have is 2.5.1.79,

I had just installed all of the old DAZ software on my old PC then the poor thing died, too much game play and over heated.

I installed all of the old DAZ software on the new PC, then discovered that there was a new version of every thing, bad timing.

I must say, the DAZ software is a pain in the butt to install once, I lost count of the number of times I had to uninstall and re-install files, very confusing.

• RedSquareRedSquare Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yup, there are two adjustments missing. :roll:

Image4.jpg
    736 x 610 - 174K
  • edited December 1969

RedSquare said:
    Yup, there are two adjustments missing

Yeah, but look at the really neat things we got in 25179 that pushed them down off the page!! 8-/

snap.JPG
    620 x 500 - 71K
  • GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

Lucky me I'm still on 2.1 since I like to have my UM at size 75. :P

• RedSquareRedSquare Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Lucky me I’m still on 2.1 since I like to have my UM at size 75.

Me too. Although I do still have the latest ver. :)

• GhostmanGhostman Posts: 215
    edited December 1969

Think I've read something on the old forum about changing the UM size in one of the files in the hexagon program folder.

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 514
    edited December 1969

Ghostman said:
    Think I've read something on the old forum about changing the UM size in one of the files in the hexagon program folder.

http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=186421

• ChinchbugChinchbug Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Call me "late to the game", but I've just gotten around to playing with Hexagon. I'm going through the tutorials and ran into the same problem.

Only now that link to the forum archives appears to be dead.

Anyone remember how to fix this problem?