iREAL Animated Ocean Water System (commercial)

PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039

Hey guys,

***UPDATE: Just released 09/25/2016*** Just a heads up, I have another product coming down the pipeline. This is my first entrance into animation, so let me know what you think---if you would be interested in more stuff like this. I am hoping to do more animatable products in the future if there is interest in it.

Promo Reel
https://vimeo.com/thephilosopher/ocean-promo

Video Tutorial
https://vimeo.com/thephilosopher/ocean-tut

• PRODUCT DESCRIPTION: 

Wow. Just wow. You have to see this to believe it (click on promo video below)

A piece of Hollywood VFX technology brought to Daz Studio! 

Ever wonder how production films create massive CGI ocean scenes? Well, this is it. The same technology that brought you movies such as Captain Phillips, Life of Pi, and Hereafter, is now made available to Daz Studio artists. Generated from the same applications used in high budget films-- applications costing thousands of dollars—these animated ocean planes (complete with aniBlocks and material presets) will bring new life to your ocean scenes and waterscapes.

Plus they’re so easy to use!

100% Tileable!
    Tile them side-by-side to seamlessly create a vast water scape environment* (each grid is 1,000cm x 1,000cm square)

100% Loopable!
    Loops seamlessly in Animate2 (120 frames per loop @25fps), and can be manipulated just like any other object.

01-Main-Daz3D-iREAL-Ocean-Water6.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 620K
02-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Ocean.jpg
1280 x 720 - 892K
03-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Ocean-Flying.jpg
1280 x 720 - 562K
04-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Ocean-Bouy.jpg
1280 x 720 - 989K
05-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Ocean-Night.jpg
1280 x 720 - 419K
06a-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Ocean-RO.jpg
1280 x 720 - 339K
06b-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Ocean-QC.jpg
1280 x 720 - 377K
06c-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Ocean-VO.jpg
1280 x 720 - 362K
06d-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Ocean-DO.jpg
1280 x 720 - 303K
07-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Options.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 998K
08-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Options.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 936K
09-Daz3D-iREAL-Animated-Options.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 841K
Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on

Comments

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

Wow, thats an instant buy for me and I never say that. I have something I use now but its very limited compared to that.

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

just...wow :O

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

Holy... 

Every time I think I have all the content I need, one of you dang P.A.s something new on me that I can't live without.  ;o;  That's just amazing.

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

What are the morphs for the water section?

I don't do animation, but this looks fantastic for seamless water tiling in still art, if I'm right in thinking it can be used for that purpose? Truly beautiful and you've had the forethought to include different fluid states!

Now I just need a morphable Iray tidal wave...!

• Xenomorphine,

Yes, that's right. This can be used for creating still art as well. You would just not add the aniBlocks. Then it will just be a static object.

Adding the aniBlocks will set them in motion for use in animation.

-P

• Man a space/sky and outer space one like this would be amazing !!! You are a darn good artist.....
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,886

Wow, there is a deluge of amazing stuff lately. Sheesh.

my poor bank

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited August 2016

my poor bank

DAZ could probably make a killing if they opened a financial division and offered DAZ credit cards.

Post edited by FrankTheTank on
  • MalawolfMalawolf Posts: 40

I use animation a lot and this is going to be amazing timing.  Will definately get and be interested in further anim products like it.  Such an amazing promo for it too :).

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,781

Just amazing. I especially like the look of the foam, not to mention the water itself.

• Positively AWESOME!  Can't wait!

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    edited August 2016

Holy chit. Are we entering a golden age of Daz products? Some mind blowing stuff is coming out.

Very much looking forward to this. Seascapes are my favorite subject.

Edit: Question -- I noticed there's collision happening with the boat and the ball bopping up and down. Is that animated manually or is there some physics involved?

Post edited by JeremyD on
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715

Really impressive! Looks like a fantastic product, for art or animation! Beautiful presentation in the video too :) 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

awesome--

• HeavyRayHeavyRay Posts: 170

Will this and/or the space product be offered in the PA sale?  Both are instant buys for me....  Great Fantastic work!!!!  - Ray

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

I have no idea how I would ever use this except for stills but I am going to buy it anyways just to watch it when I am bored or need to relax. Awesome job.

• I would buy that in a heartbeat. When will it be out?

Thanks!

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318

wow love this.
    Info from the Video Side is that it should be available with in a few weeks.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317

Tileable and loopable,  great promo video.  Impressive! 

• sextinosextino Posts: 37
    I am interested in this. Animation products are the future because you can do still art and animation with them. The more powerfull hardware becomes, the more animation will be used.
  • Looks fantatstic!

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,762

Amazing!!
    as a person who uses Nextlimits Realflow for my water VFX I am quite impressed!! well done.

• PA_ThePhilosopherPA_ThePhilosopher Posts: 1,039
    edited August 2016
    JeremyD said:

Edit: Question -- I noticed there's collision happening with the boat and the ball bopping up and down. Is that animated manually or is there some physics involved?

Jeremy,
    The physics of the rope and the bouncing bouy was originally created in C4D.

HeavyRay said:

Will this and/or the space product be offered in the PA sale?  Both are instant buys for me....  Great Fantastic work!!!!  - Ray

HeavyRay,
    I am leaving it up to the marketing team to decide how to release it. It may be with the sale, it may be past deadline for the sale though too.

I would buy that in a heartbeat. When will it be out?

Thanks!

Philp,
    It is up to marketing, but I would guess a few weeks or so. I will let you know as soon as I know more.

-P

Post edited by PA_ThePhilosopher on
  • MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606
    edited August 2016

This is the first time I experienced goosebump watching a video played inside a forum browser. Maybe it's the pro quality composition and video production quality, maybe it's the simply beautiful choice of music (which sounds like my fav Swedish group Amethystium). 

If I could give you an award for the best product presentation ever came out of Daz3D sphere, I would. What I'm after is real fluid sim for DS, but your vision and creative efforts alone makes me want to support you. Consider this a buy. Bravo - esp on the inspiring and refreshing artistry!

Post edited by Mythmaker on
  • LintonLinton Posts: 541

Instant buy upon release. Epic stuff!

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

WOW yes

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

my poor bank

No kidding.  It's stunning what folks are doing in DS now, but it sure is rough on the pocketbook.  

• VenerisVeneris Posts: 115

Can this system trace the flow of water? for example a moving boat. Or it can be used in conjunction with http://www.daz3d.com/ripples-and-wakes-iray? For that.

• Veneris,

Since this is not a physics engine, it will not be able to trace objects moving through the water. These are pre-animated ocean planes that come pre-packaged in 4 basic wave styles. The benefit this way; all the work has been done already--all the settings, and tweakings, and materials--to make them appear as realistic as possible. It is just plug-and-play.

But it should be able to work with the ripples and wakes objects for still art. You would just line up the ground (Y-Axis) plane of both objects together, and make sure they both have the same textures. Then the ripples/waves will appear to be coming from my ocean water. 

-P

• JeremyDJeremyD Posts: 265
    JeremyD said:

Jeremy,
    The physics of the rope and the bouncing bouy was originally created in C4D.

HeavyRay said:

HeavyRay,
    I am leaving it up to the marketing team to decide how to release it. It may be with the sale, it may be past deadline for the sale though too.

I would buy that in a heartbeat. When will it be out?

Thanks!

Philp,
    It is up to marketing, but I would guess a few weeks or so. I will let you know as soon as I know more.

-P

thanks for the response.

also want to say that the presentation video is top notch.