iMPORT content

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have downloaded and installed DAZ 4 on a new win7 pc. I have the older winxp pc on the same network with DAZ 3 installed . How can I import my enormous library of content to the new pc thru the network without redownloading every content file again. I would like to use the library from the old pc while creating new animatyions on the new one.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

DS3 content will open just the same in DS4.

Just tell DS4 where the content is located in Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory manager. You can have other content folders listed which are on an external HDD, so I suppose it would work across a network too.

If not, just copu over the content folder, making sure that the 'data' folder is included as well if you want to open any DS3 saved scene files.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Jimmy, read again. He said the stuff is on a different computer. He needs to share the folder with the network first before he can access it.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Ascania hows does he do that then?

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838
    edited December 1969

Probably right-click and enable it. Google should be able to provide step-by-step instructions with pretty pictures.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Ascania said:
    Google should be able to provide step-by-step instructions with pretty pictures.
    Arrr my favourite way to find info.
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I have the older winxp pc on the same network with DAZ 3 installed

. I would like to use the library from the old pc while creating new animatyions on the new one.

I assumed that he was already able to see the content on the network?
    If not, I'm sure the OP will tell us.