The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Where haz the sun gone? It was around here somewhere yesterday, but now is all grey clouds and gloomy :)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Where's the one for farts? I had Mexican for lunch and wanna go join in.

(Not really. I actually had Chicken Lips. At least that is what this place called Tanner's calls chicken tenders and they are so good. Them's ain't chicken mcnuggets I tell ya)

edited December 1969

2 large lattes and one large drip coffee, still asleep. Wound Care was less than fun today,, since I don't go in next week the nurse did "extensive work" and now my foot feels.. weird.. I guess if the nerves were working right it would be pain. :-S

So, tired and cranky today :snake: feeling very bitey. I should probably go home early, or put a barrier up in front of my cube so nobody gets hurt. :ahhh:

Installed more content last night.. it goes on forever.. once the Rendo stuff is in I'm installing A3, V3, V4, M3 and M4.. then Daz stuff "as needed" since the installers are a huge pain in the butt to deal with. :vampire:

Argh need yet MORE coffee! :bug:

I know someone who piles chairs and boxes in front of her cube and woes to anyone who crosses over :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    ps1borg said:
    Morning. Warmish here today, there is a bright red helicopter skimming brown and silver rooftops, spinning and glinting under a big bright blue sky outside my window. Whoa noisy !

Good morning! Hope you have a good day! :coolsmile:

Packing to go home - tomorrow is wound care/physical therapy day so I want to get to bed early, Snzzzz.... then up early for the bus to the hospital. Thankfully there's a coffeeshop next door that makes killer espresso! :bug:

Day is not too shabby so far, lots of phone calls and note taking gah is hard to read my own writing :)
    Take care of yourself, I'll have a good thought for you today :)

lol, ye olde cryptic hand writing

Oh noes I have to read those today :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Complaint: All my bills seem to come at once! all so close to xmas!! And to top it off, taxation screwed me over with a mistake "They" made and now I'm left with a bill!! Grrr

Happy Christmas Spyro, you're gonna be broke all holidays! Yey!

Sucks man.

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited December 1969

hey guys! :)

not really staying....but I had to share this amazing video. Light in motion at 1 trillionth of a second:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoHeWgLvlXI&feature=watch-vrec

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Next Thursday is Turkey Day!

Are there any trains for Poser or Daz Studio? Train Tracks? train uniforms for Genesis?

edited December 1969

No PC items next week! Waaaaaaaaah!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Where's the one for farts? I had Mexican for lunch and wanna go join in.

(Not really. I actually had Chicken Lips. At least that is what this place called Tanner's calls chicken tenders and they are so good. Them's ain't chicken mcnuggets I tell ya)

Just because I can Stupid Thread V for Victory
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

buh buh brr shvrr. huddling under 3 blankets - still cold.

edited December 1969

Actually I want a toy train set for the Genesis kids and Kids 4.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

There's this one in the shop.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toy-soldier-and-train-set
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

here's one http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toy-soldier-and-train-set
    there are toys in the Carol shoppe expansion.

edited December 1969

Complaints; I feel melancholy. I am feeling heartburn. I am hot. My right ear is bothering me.
    Noncomplaints; I have a cup of sleepy time tea waiting for me to drink it.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:

There's this one in the shop.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/toy-soldier-and-train-set

Thanks and I have that. I just have to reset, download, install and play!

edited December 1969

Meh no time for lunch today, I'm trying not to look at a pack of biscuits in my desk drawer. That is my complaint.

edited December 1969

I tried to call someone but his phone is off.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Blah. Well, I'm awake now. Not happy, 'cuz I have like less than three hours of sleep under my belt.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited November 2012

....day job complaint (multi part)

Supervisor/co-manger at work left just after noon today (without letting me know ahead of time) that she was going on vacation until the fifth of December.

Have a major international shipment that needs to leave next Wednesday (this customer usually has us ship at moth's end).

This person will be gone through the end of the month when we have to get all orders out and I need to close the account billing.

This person will be gone when I also have to close all the Digital Print accounts for the month.

I am still not 100% due to a virus that keeps hanging on.

When I put in my request for a week off in December (haven't has any significant time off since last April and I was sick most of the time) I was given 'tude. (guess it doesn't matter I've dragged myself in sick the last couple weeks when I should have been home in bed). Request will not be looked at until this person gets back.

Every year I usually take off a week for the holidays, but this year a couple people (with less years than I have) jumped ahead of me so no holiday week for me. When I mentioned this, I just received more 'tude.

It's like they only care about me when I give to the company but when I ask for one little thing for myself, it's like I am not committed to the company (admittedly it is getting to the point with the way I am being treated, it is becoming increasingly hard to support a company that no longer seems to care about those who put themselves out to keep things working).

Guess seventeen years of faithful service means squat.

This person has less.

I really hate the service industry.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Meh no time for lunch today, I'm trying not to look at a pack of biscuits in my desk drawer. That is my complaint.

...I've been having that happen a lot lately.
    edited December 1969

Yeah tough day for me as well, but I'm not treated shabbily like it sounds you are, I could gave had today off in leu of all the OT I worked this week :)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Wishing I had work to complain about. I get paid by the job and it seems we lack in that department.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

Ledhead said:
    Wishing I had work to complain about. I get paid by the job and it seems we lack in that department.

Sounds like security... Hours can be really random, and some weeks you may not work at all :(

Whats upsetting is that many security firms dont like you if you work for another... no matter if they are only prepared to have you work 4 hours a week!

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Ledhead said:

Sounds like security... Hours can be really random, and some weeks you may not work at all :(

Whats upsetting is that many security firms dont like you if you work for another... no matter if they are only prepared to have you work 4 hours a week!

I normally freelance so can empathise.

edited December 1969

Alien is on TV, a remastered version, must be extra scenes as well, but memory of original is fuzzy *rubs eyes*

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    Ledhead said:

I previously worked two security jobs... One with a patrol group, offering perminent hours, with a holliday over xmas, as well as University static guard duties... and the other had random hours, mostly nightclub and taxi rank and events...

The later contacted me offering one shift for the "Next" week, with minimal hours. I turned it down, since my primary patrol job offered me 32 hours over two weeks with 3 weeks notice, and I was sent a "text message" from the nightclub one effectively firring me because I turned down a 4hr shift that had 5days notice. First off, VERY unprofessional for firring me in a txt msg, and secondly, firing me for simply turning down a minimal hours 1 off job is insulting.

In the end, I was happy to leave them. I've had consistent work with the patrol group... only issue is the annual holiday period over xmas, but nothing I cant get through. These guys roster me a month in advance, and are all to happy to have me work multiple jobs. I just wont do so after my experience with the previous 2nd job.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    Ledhead said:

I previously worked two security jobs... One with a patrol group, offering perminent hours, with a holliday over xmas, as well as University static guard duties... and the other had random hours, mostly nightclub and taxi rank and events...

The later contacted me offering one shift for the "Next" week, with minimal hours. I turned it down, since my primary patrol job offered me 32 hours over two weeks with 3 weeks notice, and I was sent a "text message" from the nightclub one effectively firring me because I turned down a 4hr shift that had 5days notice. First off, VERY unprofessional for firring me in a txt msg, and secondly, firing me for simply turning down a minimal hours 1 off job is insulting.

In the end, I was happy to leave them. I've had consistent work with the patrol group... only issue is the annual holiday period over xmas, but nothing I cant get through. These guys roster me a month in advance, and are all to happy to have me work multiple jobs. I just wont do so after my experience with the previous 2nd job.

Pretty shabby getting laid off with a text. Modern living hey. I fell out with a boss and got many texts, seems to be a management style *rolls eyes*

edited December 1969

2001 is on TV now, dont know how much longer I can stay awake tho :)

edited November 2012

Text messages are fine with friends and family, there is appropriate uses for text... But it is by no means professional, especially for serious work related conversation. To be laid off the job in a text message tells me its their "easy way out" They appear to lack the ability to do it "face to face" and if they cant do so, then perhaps they shouldn't be in management because it's a childish act.

The complications of text messaging is most noticeably the fact that read messages can easily be misunderstood due to the lack of facial expression and voice tone required for effective communication. For example, a joke can easily be misinterpreted as a offensive or angry comment. The same is true for forums and chat rooms... you see a lot of misunderstood comments, then the persons involved each trying to explain that what was said was not intended to be read that way lol

You gotta love technology LMAO. My current boss dislikes text messages, and no matter how brief the info needs to be conveyed, it's always a call or face to face. For me, that's how it should be with management.

Anyways... I feel things have been getting too serious for the complaint thread... Thinking I need to post something stupid LMAO

funny-hysterical-katy-perry-lord-of-the-rings-lyrics-make-up-Favim_com-72304_large.jpg
    500 x 395 - 74K
    Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

I need to clean up my night stand.

I hope my ear heals up pretty soon. Doc said it was infected.

This discussion has been closed.