The Complaint Thread - The Final Countdown

Comments

• JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited November 2012

My b/f has just informed me that over the past year, I've become a little bit mean....lol

Is that right? Have I gotten mean?

????

No, it's OK...I'm asking for real...lol

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

For some reason that I do not remember why, I bought an kindle book (well I buy lots of free kindle books because they are free) This book was talking about a bunch of people. I searched for the names on google and found out the Kindle book was based on a show. I found the show on Netflix streaming. It is about these people who find themselves many light years and galaxies from home. The people are full of army people and civilians (non military). Actually it is sci fi but I do not see any aliens unless they are human looking aliens. I only seen the first few episodes.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

My b/f has just informed me that over the past year, I've become a little bit mean....lol

????

No not at all :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689
    edited December 1969

I wonder why doesn't any space ships in Sci fi have seat belts.

I am trying to decide what I want to drink.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

(hooray, made it back in again >_<)...</p>

Why do lots of sci fi space shows and movies have military or trained armed men.

Maybe sci-fi writers envision a future that is completely militarized ???

????

Dunno what you mean ;-)... still the same ol' Jas I see (^_^)d.

edited November 2012

I wonder why doesn't any space ships in Sci fi have seat belts....

I seem to remember the cockpit of the Serenity (Firefly - Joss Whedon) had seatbelts (`.`)>... and weren't there some sort of "turbulence restraints" or something in the old Star Trek Enterprise (maybe just for one ep X)... X-wings and Vipers as well (`.`)>...

... in general though, I think a spaceship is supposed to either have a localised gravity field generator to keep everybody in their seats, or is so big and heavy that turbulence doesn't get felt up on the bridge... or maybe the script writers (and set designers) are just lazy? ;-)

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

In space there is no-one to fasten your seatbelt, or hear you scream :)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited November 2012

We're in the pipe, Five by five. Clip

Seat belts my butt, try harnesses.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited November 2012

Jaderail said:

Oh wow! ... I always heard that line as '... five five five ...' (but did understand it to be on a scale of 1-9, ie dead-centre)...

... and isn't a "seat belt" just a more marketable term than "harness"? ;-)

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your harnesses as the captain is expecting some turbulence shortly..."

Post edited by M F M on
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited November 2012

ps1borg said:

????

No not at all :)

(hooray, made it back in again >_<)...</p> Why do lots of sci fi space shows and movies have military or trained armed men.

Maybe sci-fi writers envision a future that is completely militarized ???

????

Dunno what you mean ;-)... still the same ol' Jas I see (^_^)d.

LOL...Maybe this isn't the right place to ask... :lol:

Hiya MFM!

Sorry it took me so long to get back... I was discussing it in another spot...lol
    Now...I'm going to leave properly and say good nite...lol

So....

G'nite ALL!!!! {{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}} for everyone! :)

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
    edited November 2012

Hiya Jas (^_^)n... got anything cooking? (in the render oven :P). I got distracted by Szark's render thread... then over to dA and Pitoxlon's pictures... then back here to discuss seatbelts vs harnesses -- so much for productivity on a warm Sunday afternoon ~_~.

EDIT: Heheh... cross-posted X)... nini! (^_^)/

Post edited by M F M on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited November 2012

Remember to pin a poppy on your lapel today
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH6drNzNu7c

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Non-complaint:

YAY!! I'm in, I'm in!!!! :) :) :)

I've not been able to get in all day!

Hooray for Jas!

Hooray!!!! :) LOL... Hiya tjohn! :) Who else made it in?
    ...present.

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Oh wow! ... I always heard that line as '... five five five ...' (but did understand it to be on a scale of 1-9, ie dead-centre)...

"Ladies and gentlemen, please fasten your harnesses as the captain is expecting some turbulence shortly..."

Well, sure but if the sucker is going down do you want a Seat belt or a harness that straps you to the frame from all sides? Left shoulder to hip, right shoulder to hip and a lap belt. That's a Harness!
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    M F M said:

Well, sure but if the sucker is going down do you want a Seat belt or a harness that straps you to the frame from all sides? Left shoulder to hip, right shoulder to hip and a lap belt. That's a Harness!

Yeah, the seatbelt on a airline are not all that great compared to a car seatbelt... But then cars don't usually crash in the same way that airlines can.

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

One of the greatest movies of all time.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Agreed, the directors cut was even better than the release, not many I will say that about.
    edited December 1969

Melbourne sure turned on some blue sky and sunshine today, I'm feelin a little sunburned. Ouch :)

edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Hiya Jas (^_^)n... got anything cooking? (in the render oven :P). I got distracted by Szark's render thread... then over to dA and Pitoxlon's pictures... then back here to discuss seatbelts vs harnesses -- so much for productivity on a warm Sunday afternoon ~_~.

EDIT: Heheh... cross-posted X)... nini! (^_^)/

Totally taking the day off here :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...dry, but cloudy and c-c-cold here.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited November 2012

winter solstice soon.

the frozen slush is melting. the mud tried to suck the boots off my feet.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Ledhead said:
    Agreed, the directors cut was even better than the release, not many I will say that about.
    Watched the director's cut of all four movies in one sitting... not many I've done that for either >_<. I've only seen the DC of #3 - people seem to complain a lot about it, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. (^_^)d</p>
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Watched the director's cut of all four movies in one sitting... not many I've done that for either >_<. I've only seen the DC of #3 - people seem to complain a lot about it, but I didn't see anything wrong with it. (^_^)d</div>
    I had the full Boxed set but it was stolen. My fave movies of all time.
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

is this the Prometheus you mention sometimes?

http://www.amazon.com/Prometheus-Noomi-Rapace/dp/B005LAIHXQ

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Oh cool, it's out - I'll have to go get it next weekend - ty for the heads up ^_^.

edited November 2012

ps1borg said:

Ridley Scott movie, an Alien prequel :). II explains the alien space ship at the start of the first Alien :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Urrrrrgh. I had bizarro dreams last night, involved some sort of alternate universe next to ours, and me somehow slipping through. They had a bunch of ***hole aliens who hated the sight of humans (literally -- they found humans as disgusting as... well, I could get graphic, but imagine what you dislike on basis of sight and go with it), and disintegrated them with purple-pink beams shot from their ships. All that technology, yet they were thwarted by shadows. People had learned that in order to escape extermination they had to duck to the nearest deep shadow and stay there, and they'd be ignored, although you had to keep in mind that the disintegration beam was pretty wide (and took couple of moments before the full blast came in), so you could still get hurt by catching the edge of it.

There was some kind of underground resistance, except it was pretty corrupt. Somehow they had managed to liberate some hand-held weapons (which looked like tablet computers), that projected the same disintegration beam stuff. Suddenly, a ship flew overhead and somehow spotted us, despite us being under the canopy. I saw the disintegration cannons warming up, and grabbed one of the weapons and pointed its beam to the ship as it fired. The beams reacted in an unusual way, and the ship went down and kablooeyd. Everyone was "WTF was that? We have been trying to fire the beams at the ships but it doesn't affect them at all!" and I explained the beam-vs-beam thing. They had apparently gotten quite a load of those handheld things, but since they never saw the alien troops and they had no effect on ships, they considered them mostly useless.

Near the end the resistance and remnants of humans sent the aliens packing, and we had to close the rift they had used to travel between the worlds. Sadly, that also meant that I was going to be stuck in this place, as it was the same rift that had opened to my world. Only something like 200,000 humans remained alive on this planet, scattered all over the place.

edited December 1969

Wow I would rent that dream :) love old school space opera, saw John Carter twice - anything with last human encounters remnant resistance rebels and rifts in space time and zombie pirate aliens oozing slime as well :)

edited December 1969

Complaint. Work is boring. I am sitting alone in a dark carpark guarding 6 cars at the uni! No people. No hot chicks. No drunks. No walkers. Even the cats aren't around. Me so bored and wish to create something. I could build a raft out of sticks. But there is no water here an little light :(

edited December 1969

Skiriki that dream is memorable. I usually know that I had a dream but don't know what I dreamed about lol

This discussion has been closed.