3D-printing: share your pictures

2»

Comments

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Interesting, indeed.

There's a guy who makes model railroad figures this way and has posted information on using DS in garden railways forums. He's such an artist that he makes his own models rather than using genesis or the like. http://www.mylargescale.com/Community/Forums/tabid/56/aff/22/aft/121979/afv/topic/Default.aspx#242886 His figures are too big (and too expensive) for my scale of 1:29.

Just what I need, a Trotwood McAllister action figure!

I make my own figures in 1:29 out of polymer clay, but got rather frustrated with it a couple years ago when I lost a whole box of them in a move, or maybe in a car wreck. (Both happened about the same time.) Haven't thought of combining 3d rendering with sculpting and model railroading. Yet!

Here are some of mine at the Chicago Botanic garden railroad in 2009. Most of these have been lost or broken since then.

22.jpg
    640 x 475 - 130K
  • entiresiaentiresia Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

Please can we have some news on the license. I am not interested in 2D renders. I am a sculptor and I want to print my models.

Thank you.

• ShaneWSmithShaneWSmith Posts: 636
    edited December 1969

entiresia said:
    Please can we have some news on the license. I am not interested in 2D renders. I am a sculptor and I want to print my models.

Thank you.

From http://www.daz3d.com/eula

Three Dimensional Works. DAZ wishes to encourage the expansion of the catalog of Content available to its users. Accordingly, User may access, use, copy, and modify the Content to create one or more derived or additional three-dimensional works provided that:

1.any such derived or additional three-dimensional works are designed to require or encourage the use of CRT Content available through the online DAZ store either by (i) requiring the use of such CRT Content to function, or (ii) allowing only limited function when not used in conjunction with CRT Content from the online DAZ store; and

2.upon receipt of a written request from DAZ, User immediately ceases any and all distribution of the art that User has created from the CRT Content, if DAZ has determined, in its sole discretion, that (i) such art is substantially similar to or is a clone of existing Content; or (ii) such derived or additional work fails to require the use of Content available through the online DAZ store.
    The creation of three-dimensional physical images (3D-print, molded copy, CNC-routed copy, and the like) of Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only by User’s purchase from DAZ, via the User’s online DAZ store account, of permission to deliver User’s derived works (art), including necessary Content, to an entity that creates three-dimensional images in a physical medium. User may then deliver User’s art in file format to the third-party to have physical images printed or created, up to the limitations set forth in the online DAZ Store delineated on the purchase page associated with the permission purchased. These limitations govern (i) personal and/or commercial use of the three-dimensional physical or printed images; and (ii) the quantity of three-dimensional printed images allowed.

• entiresiaentiresia Posts: 9
    edited December 1969

entiresia said:

Thank you.

From http://www.daz3d.com/eula

Three Dimensional Works. DAZ wishes to encourage the expansion of the catalog of Content available to its users. Accordingly, User may access, use, copy, and modify the Content to create one or more derived or additional three-dimensional works provided that:

The creation of three-dimensional physical images (3D-print, molded copy, CNC-routed copy, and the like) of Content or any three-dimensional art derived from the Content is permitted only by User’s purchase from DAZ, via the User’s online DAZ store account, of permission to deliver User’s derived works (art), including necessary Content, to an entity that creates three-dimensional images in a physical medium. User may then deliver User’s art in file format to the third-party to have physical images printed or created, up to the limitations set forth in the online DAZ Store delineated on the purchase page associated with the permission purchased.

Yes, thanks for taking the time to reply, but I'm afraid that's not really news. Many months have passed by since the updated EULA was published and still there is no information about what this licence will cost for home users.

• petergrant702petergrant702 Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

That's interesting. So what more did you 3D printed so far? Mine are collection of jewelleries and other accessories for my wife's shop. Actually, it looks like this one-- http://www.3d2print.net/shop/blog/cool/clear-earrings/. I'm trying to print more some masterpieces to be able to be featured in that site. If ever they choose my creation, I'll be able to get 20% discount in all filament materials I will order. Not bad, right?