V4 Perfect Fixes on Genesis. Are there any advantages?

Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
edited October 2012 in The Commons

I really like the look of these fixes for V4
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/perfect-v4-complete---full-body-fix/94928

My question is about how these would operate on Genesis once converted with GenX. Has anyone tried it? Reason I ask is because some of those bends look better than current genesis bends on V5.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Post edited by Rashad Carter on

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Your better off getting the 'Genesis' fixes on renderosity (made by the same guy)... The V4 fixes are made for V4 and wouldn't likely convert all that well, seems as though it will apply fixes in areas that don't need it and likely just distort the genesis model.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

There are Genesis fixes? Great. I will look into that.

edited December 1969

There are Genesis fixes? Great. I will look into that.

Yep, should be in the daz section. At this stage he has made fixes for the legs, feet and hips.

Also there is a fix for genesis hands on the daz store site.

• XamevaXameva Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Hi I'm one of the creators of the Perfect fixes for V4 - unfortunately they can't be converted to Genesis. They have complex inner workings that make them work automatically (called ERC), so unless you converted all 750+ of the fix morphs using GenX and re-produced the ERC for Genesis, it's not possible - sorry about that.

We are not the creators of the Genesis fixes by CJ-Studio. They look great though.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Xameva said:
    Hi I'm one of the creators of the Perfect fixes for V4 - unfortunately they can't be converted to Genesis. They have complex inner workings that make them work automatically (called ERC), so unless you converted all 750+ of the fix morphs using GenX and re-produced the ERC for Genesis, it's not possible - sorry about that.

We are not the creators of the Genesis fixes by CJ-Studio. They look great though.

Can we expect Genesis or V5 fixes from you, i do not use gen 4 anymore?

• XamevaXameva Posts: 19
    edited December 1969

Can we expect Genesis or V5 fixes from you, i do not use gen 4 anymore?

Not in the near future - we do have a Genesis product coming out but it is not a fix. But we may do Genesis fixes in the future. The main issue there is that the Genesis shape is so variable that one fix can not cover every shape.

edited December 1969

Would "default genesis" fixes cover across M5 and V5? Or would that not work well?

The males are often ignored in many instances, and I doubt CJ-Studio intends to do anything with the males, he seems to be female focused judging from the description pages and his current line of products. I use males just as much as females and would love to see fixes for them too.

edited December 1969

CJ's basic female fixes seem to work ok with genesis males, but it has its limitations.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Would "default genesis" fixes cover across M5 and V5? Or would that not work well?

With different morphs, JCMs and rigging, no the default fixes wouldn't cover it.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

With different morphs, JCMs and rigging, no the default fixes wouldn't cover it.

Damn. That sucks... Guess its something we have to hope will be done for the males. V5 and Genesis female will definitely get her fixes... Gn Female already has hers and they are great! And I seriously doubt Daz will do any fixes for Gn Male or M5... It is after all PA territory.