pwGhost tutorial

barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone know how to access the interactive tutorial that is supposed to come with pwGhost?

I am running DS 4.5.1.6 on Win 7 64bit. I recently purchased pwGhost. The installer was 4345_pwGhost_1.2_ds.exe. The DAZ store says one of the features is "An interactive tutor that shows you the effects of each new property and helps you pick settings as you go."

The readme says:
You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:
Shader: "Shaders"
Shader presets: "Shaders/pwGhost Resources"
Interactive tutorial: "Shaders/pwGhost Resources"

The only thing I have been able to find in the content library is an icon for a tutorial in Shaders/pwGhost_DS2/pwGhost Resources. There isn't one in the pwGhost_DS4/pwGhost Resources. I tried the one in the pwGhost_DS2, but it just displayed an error and did nothing.

I've tried a couple of the shader presets in pwGhost_DS4/pwGhost Resources, and they work, but I cannot locate the interactive tutor. Any advice? Thanks.

Comments

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,659
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Does anyone know how to access the interactive tutorial that is supposed to come with pwGhost?

I am running DS 4.5.1.6 on Win 7 64bit. I recently purchased pwGhost. The installer was 4345_pwGhost_1.2_ds.exe. The DAZ store says one of the features is "An interactive tutor that shows you the effects of each new property and helps you pick settings as you go."

The readme says:
    You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:
    Shader: "Shaders"
    Shader presets: "Shaders/pwGhost Resources"
    Interactive tutorial: "Shaders/pwGhost Resources"

The only thing I have been able to find in the content library is an icon for a tutorial in Shaders/pwGhost_DS2/pwGhost Resources. There isn't one in the pwGhost_DS4/pwGhost Resources. I tried the one in the pwGhost_DS2, but it just displayed an error and did nothing.

I've tried a couple of the shader presets in pwGhost_DS4/pwGhost Resources, and they work, but I cannot locate the interactive tutor. Any advice? Thanks.

I couldn't get it to work either. Same thing happened with me. Tried Poserworks website and nothing there either.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply, Luci45. I'll submit a support ticket and see what they have to say about it.

• BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

The script for the tutorial seems not to have been updated. If you have the pweffect shaders, there's a tutorial in My_Library\Docs\Poseworks\pwEffect that also covers the ghost effect.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the suggestion. I only have pwGhost, though, so I can't see that other tutorial.

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

Just in case you were still looking, there is a tutorial here:

http://www.poseworks.com/shaders/pweffect/pages/applying