Wardrobe Wizard and Genesis question

TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
edited December 1969 in The Commons

If I purchase the Wardrobe Wizard expansion for Genesis, does that mean I can fit Gen 4 clothing to newly Poser-compatible Genesis? I'm still working to grasp some of the finer points of this new toy. Sorry in advance for sounding rather noobish! :-)

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

I believe not - the Genesis imported from a CR2 exported from Poser is not the same as the Genesis loaded via the DSON Importer.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Wardrobe Wizard comes bundled with Poser, but there is a standalone version too, but it's still a program for use with Poser.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't know if the WW plugin for Genesis will work in the stand-alone version (or the version in older versions of Poser), but in any event AFAIK it would only work on the CR2-Exporter Genesis, so only in P9/PP2012.

• DWGDWG Posts: 770
    edited December 1969

Wardrobe Wizard comes bundled with Poser, but there is a standalone version too, but it's still a program for use with Poser.

The standalone version of Wardrobe Wizard works fine with Studio (it simply takes one CR2 and creates a new one), but it likely won't work for Cridgit's idea for the reason already discussed - the Genesis model it's transforming to is (AIUI) the non-Subdivided version, which means it's a lower resolution than we see in Studio. Autofit may not be perfect, but it at least works on the final resolution model.