Girl 5, Freak 5 - coming soon?

124»

Comments

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited November 2012

fixme12 said:
    i think it's not gonna be the shapes that give us new and better looks.
    G4/A4 or A5/G5, there is not gonna be to much difference i guess.
    it are the new upcoming studio tools that would be some game changes
    things like flesh and muscle movement (like some kind softbody with collisions) the natural motion from dynamic hair in combination with the possibility of our own dynamic cloth creation and offcourse the fast octane render engine.
    move up to GOZ (zbrush) was 1 step in the right direction.

that will only bring innovation and change in the whole process.

And poses that correct themselves as we morph different characters onto them? ;)
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

The thing that mystifies me is that they *haven't* gone ahead and made autofit clones for M2 and V2. I mean, there are only the two of them, and there are still outfits for them in the store. Some reasonably nice ones, too. Particularly if you are into doing historical illustrations. Making an available clone for porting something to Genesis can only increase sales of any item that qualifies.

Gen3 was all over the map. There were standard adults, young/small adults, anime figures and 'toony figures and nearly all off them have been ported over (I think the original Girl and She Freak are the only ones still MIA). Gen 2 had Michael and Victoria, who were indestinguishable form the original Michael and Victoria -- with the addition of morphs, so anything made for V1 and M1 might concievably port over with the same clone. (Note: I think there may have been a She Freak morph for V2 as well. But I'm unclear as to whether it really was for V2 or for V3).

Plus, of course the kids. We've a whole collection of those. The Mil Girls and Mil Boys were pretty close in shape, but I don't think the preteens could quite wear each other's clothing. The preschoolers might have been able to. And then with the Gen3 kids I think the preteens were even more differentiated. Not sure about the preschoolers. Nor have I any clear idea whether the MilBaby and MilBaby 3 were the same shape or not. I don't know how much was out there for the original MilBaby. But we'd be happy to make use of it if we could.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited November 2012

JOdel said:
    The thing that mystifies me is that they *haven't* gone ahead and made autofit clones for M2 and V2. I mean, there are only the two of them, and there are still outfits for them in the store. Some reasonably nice ones, too. Particularly if you are into doing historical illustrations. Making an available clone for porting something to Genesis can only increase sales of any item that qualifies.

Gen3 was all over the map. There were standard adults, young/small adults, anime figures and 'toony figures and nearly all off them have been ported over (I think the original Girl and She Freak are the only ones still MIA). Gen 2 had Michael and Victoria, who were indestinguishable form the original Michael and Victoria -- with the addition of morphs, so anything made for V1 and M1 might concievably port over with the same clone. (Note: I think there may have been a She Freak morph for V2 as well. But I'm unclear as to whether it really was for V2 or for V3).

Plus, of course the kids. We've a whole collection of those. The Mil Girls and Mil Boys were pretty close in shape, but I don't think the preteens could quite wear each other's clothing. The preschoolers might have been able to. And then with the Gen3 kids I think the preteens were even more differentiated. Not sure about the preschoolers. Nor have I any clear idea whether the MilBaby and MilBaby 3 were the same shape or not. I don't know how much was out there for the original MilBaby. But we'd be happy to make use of it if we could.

I bet they will come. Or at least I think so. I mean why not. unless old content that is already available makes less than new content...Oh wait what was I saying.

Catgirls have short term memory issues. So please look at my avatar and forgive me for losing focus. oh paperbag on the floor *leaves*

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited November 2012

It all falls back on the basic shapes. Like Gen 4 for genesis, Gen 3 for genesis.... and then they were selective. They didn't even release LL3 for genesis... would have assisted us at least with that age group. had they of, a auto fit would prob exist as well as GenX support. And they belonged to gen 3 so its disappointing.

Gen 2 and 1 I can kinda understand, they were much older. Gen 2 was quite visually similar to 3. Though, gen 2 was before my daz days, Never used gen 1 either. I used a lot of gen 3, even well into gen 4. Gen 5 is amazing! I really hope the old characters from previous generations make their reappearance. Genesis has unsuppressed potential in the 3d world. Gen 6 will have a very tough time in defeating 5, And I wont be interested in 6 if it's not another mega morphing new model genesis.

Also, I never knew there was a mill baby in gen 3! I'm surprised LOL (Maybe I too have short term memory loss.) HAHA

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Gen 6 will have a very tough time in defeating 5, And I wont be interested in 6 if it's not another mega morphing new model genesis.

If Daz does things correctly it could be 5 years before we have to worry about that. In this world that is a long time. let's hope for the best.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969

Some of that older content is fairly pricy. I wouldn't imagine that it moves a lot, either. But much of it is PA items, and they've not been pulled. So you would think that something that would maximize sales would be worth the time and effort.

But, admittedly it wouldn't be high priority. Getting something other than adult figures out would be a bit higher on the list. Particularly with a clutch of fairly vocal people clamoring to get them.

Or a few key Genesis refits on fairly classic items like the wizard robe. There's a hilarious render of what autofit does to that one over in the PC forum. (I'll admit that while I do like the Genesis MFD, I wish it had the skirt style morphs of the older ones.)