Studio Update?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I know there's a new 4.5 version coming down the pipe, but what is the current stable build version for Studio? I'm currently running 4.0.3.47, but with the new site design, I can't seem to track down where the latest is posted. I also noticed that for a few weeks now, manually checking for updates yields a 'Disallowed key characters' message in the update window. Any ideas?

Comments

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

what you are on is the current live version see this chart http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/start for the relase cycle

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,178
    edited December 1969

ahalsaver said:
    I know there's a new 4.5 version coming down the pipe, but what is the current stable build version for Studio? I'm currently running 4.0.3.47, but with the new site design, I can't seem to track down where the latest is posted.

As Neil indicates, the DAZ Studio 4.x page on the Documentation Center provides a table near the top with current status information. I update the page personally, more frequently than any other location that the information might be available, so I can say with certainty that it is the best place to look for the most up to date information.

I also noticed that for a few weeks now, manually checking for updates yields a 'Disallowed key characters' message in the update window. Any ideas?

This is the result of a couple of things, actually. One being a replacement of the website - which resulted in a change to how the information is being processed. The other being a bug in DAZ Studio, which has been fixed in 4.5, that was causing the wrong information to be sent to the update checker - it was sending description information about installed plugins instead of just their names and the descriptions contain characters that the update checker doesn't like.

-Rob