It's Alive! Anime Girl Kristin now available for Public Beta and download...

chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
edited October 2012 in Freebies

I've posted a Figure Update in this thread to correct an oversight on my part... my apologies everyone... New downloaders won't be affected by the issue I've fixed but those who've already downloaded my Anime Girl should grab the new file from the link in my post on page 2 of this thread...

My Anime Girl Kristin is based upon my own sketches and art works and has been influenced by many sources. Amongst my biggest influences are Anime Artists such as Masamune Shirow, and anime movies like Macross, Orguss, Record of Lodoss War, plus TV shows such as Visions of Escaflowne (amongst others too numerous to mention here). I've been a fan and collector of anime for over 20 years and taught myself how to draw in several styles which over time developed into my very own personal style of anime art.

This figure has been created in 3d from 2 dimensional templates of my own sketches and over the last year I've worked hard on refining both the mesh and the joint rigs. Preliminary private beta testing allowed me to fix many deficiencies in the mesh and to refine the rigging of the skeleton and joints to provide for the best possible set-up that I am currently capable of making. I'd like to take a moment to thank the many, many people in the Daz Community Forums at Daz3d for the advice, suggestions, and help that has allowed me to get this figure to the point that it is now... Thank-you one and all for your valuable help!

How-ever, my own meager skills can only take this figure so far and I've reached the limit of what I'm currently able to do with her on my own, so I'm opening this figure up to the community as is, in hopes that the community will be interested in continuing the work I've begun. To that end I am leaving this figure a little more open in terms of usage than some of my previous projects. The Base Figure and basic clothing will be free, and I will also be creating some specific items and add-ons for sale to tie in with my other product lines that will be for sale at low cost to help support further development of the figure and potentially a male companion for her...

Please be aware that this figure is as complete as I can make it with my current level of skill and that it is by no means perfect. It is being provided "as-is" as a Public Beta-Trial for further development and expansion.

If you do work with this figure please feel free to contact me so that I can see your works, and if you wish to contribute to the development of this figure please let me know... I'm more than happy to accept any help I can get and to showcase any extras or add-ons that you make. Follow continued development and discuss this figure in my WIP Thread here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3237/ , but please be considerate and respectfull of my hard work... :)

What you may do with this figure;

Develop Free or For Sale (Commercial) content (clothing, accessories, alternate textures, morph packs, character packs, pose sets, hair, etc). A blank developers figure (un-textured and stripped of morphs) is provided as well as the full figure with all her morphs in the base download.

Make and Redistribute alternate CR2's provided that it is encoded in such a way that the original figure is required to use any new work that you create and that full credit is given to me for the original work upon which your work is derived. Only the Cr2 may be redistributed, not any other part of the original figure or any part of the original files. My original readme file must be included with your work.

What you may NOT do with this figure;

You cannot under any circumstances redistribute or repackage the figure or included files (with the exception of the CR2 as noted above). This includes the Mesh, Textures, Templates or any other files included in the original download.

You may not upload or share the original files on any site, paid or free, in any way shape or form (link's to my site and the figure are acceptable and encouraged provided that the link leads to the download page, "The Barracks", and does not point to the download itself).

All other terms and conditions of my Standard Site/Product EULA apply to this figure with the exceptions noted above regarding the CR2... please read my EULA in the "Contact US" area of my site at www.schells.ca (a copy of the standard EULA is also included in this download).

Post edited by chrisschell on

Comments

• chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
    edited October 2012

Features;

Fully rigged and pose-able, including fully rigged Jaw, Tongue, Eyebrows, and Eyelids allowing for a large range of motion and facial expression. Extra joints have been built into this figure to allow for a greater range of motion and for more realistic bending of body parts and limbs.

6 Body Shaping Morphs, 2 Limb Shaping Morphs, 9 Head Shaping Morphs, 2 Eye Morphs, 9 Facial Expression Morphs.

30 Blank Morph Channels for Custom Morph Injection in all bone locations.

4 Alternate Skin textures with easy Pz2 Mat Poses for application.

Alternate Skin Mat poses optimized for Toon and Realistic style Renders.

Alternate Toon-style Skins for use in Daz Studio Cartoon Render style with easy Pz2 Mat Poses for application.

8 Alternate Eye textures with Pz2 Mat Poses for application.

2 Custom Characters Poses with Custom Skin Textures and applied Character Morphs with Pz2 Poses for quick use.

2 Conforming Hair Styles with 2 Alternate Textures each.

6 Alternate Toon-style Hair Mat Poses in Pz2 format.

9 Alternate Finger and Toenail Textures, with Mat Pz2 Poses for ease of use.

Hair Figures and Clothing Figures include bump maps on load up (Loaded at 100% but the value of the bump will need to be manually assigned. I find that +/- .5% in Daz works well and in Poser +/- .15%).

Base Figure includes a basic outfit of Conforming Clothes (Sports Top and Shorts and Running Shoes complete with Morphs and Blank Morph Channels), with Additional Basic Clothing included in separate downloads, plus 2 Conforming Hair Figures, Textures, Bump Maps, Cr2’s, Pz2’s and all other files needed for this figure to be fully functional. Tested in Poser 7 and Daz Studio 2.3 and Daz Studio 4.

Best Render and Posing results are achieved with 1 level of Sub-D activated, to smooth out joint bends and surfaces.

facial_expressions.jpg
    729 x 590 - 167K
    eye_colours.jpg
    729 x 590 - 182K
    comparison3.JPG
    590 x 1024 - 89K
    comparison1.JPG
    590 x 1024 - 92K
    comparison2.JPG
    590 x 1024 - 100K
  • edited December 1969

Hi!

The figure looks very nice but I cant seem to find a download link anywhere, ive checked the other thread but maybe I need my eyes checked :-)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Same here...where do I get this character? Would love to know.

:-)

• stronghandsstronghands Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

Go to the website listed in his signature, www.schells.ca, and click the link at the top of his page that says "The Barracks". :D

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785
    edited December 1969

Go to the website listed in his signature, www.schells.ca, and click the link at the top of his page that says "The Barracks". :D

Ahh; I was looking in the Skunkworks. Thanx!! :)

edited October 2012

Sorry about that everyone... I was tired when I posted this last night and forgot the link... it's in the "Barracks" area of my site... (link in sig)....

The Baracks will be her permanent home and the closet for her wardrobe... lol.... I have 2 fantasy outfits that will tie into my fantasy product line in the "Armouries" and I'm also working on a sci-fi uniform to tie into my sci-fi products in the "Skunkworks", but none of the new outfits are quite ready for release yet... there are some pics of them in the work in progress thread in the commons (link in first post) :)

The WIP thread will continue to be a development thread... so if you do work with the figure in renders or making items for her, or if you want to add comments for improvements or updates please feel free to post there... :)

• edited December 1969

Thx a lot for the help, and a big thx to Crisschell for releasing such a cool figure.

edited December 1969

Jonnybode said:
    Thx a lot for the help, and a big thx to Crisschell for releasing such a cool figure.

You're welcome Jonny :) I'm working on a basic pose set for her that I hope to have ready to upload either later tonight or tommorrow...

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Really nice!...thanks for the link.

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Really nice!...thanks for the link.

You're welcome :)

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for this :)

edited December 1969

Thank you very much for this :)

You're welcome :)

I'm also happy to say that I've been able to Upload a pose set of 10 basic poses for my Anime Girl... I'd made and saved a small library while i was working on test renders for her that I was able to easily convert to Pz2 format... :)

posethumb.JPG
    600 x 600 - 54K
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,671
    edited December 1969

I've downloaded her now, really cool have a new anime figure.

edited October 2012

I'm glad everyone is liking her so far... I must admit to a certain amount of unease about releasing her... I wasn't sure how well she'd be received... so far so good... of course she was only just released so that may change with time and a chance for people to truely try her out...

• VilianVilian Posts: 281
    edited December 1969

She's cute! Thank you very much for new anime girl for my Runtime ^.^

edited December 1969

Ty Vilian and you're welcome... :)

edited October 2012

Hey there... sorry to say but I realised last night I'd missed a couple of things that needed fixing on the Kristin Ponytails Hair that I'd included with the base figure... I've fixed the issue and am making the fix available for download... It's a replacement cr2 for the Ponytails Hair so simply overwrite the old one with this new file in Runtime/Librararies/Character/Chris's Anime Girl Kristin/Conforming Hair

My hearty apologies to everyone for this oversight... :( You can download the fixed cr2 from this link; http://www.schells.ca/KristinPonytails.zip

I've also fixed the main files on my site for download so new downloads won't be affected by this issue...

Kristin_Ponytails.jpg
    729 x 590 - 141K
    edited December 1969

I've released a new freebie set of 4 Smart-propped Cheledonian Weapons to go with my Anime Girl Kristin... Find them in the "Armouries" area of my site at www.schells.ca

Please view the Readme files for notes for use and how to get the best results from my new figure and her accessories... Anime Girl Kristin is my new freebie stand-alone figure for Daz and Poser and can be found in the "Barracks" area of my site. This set includes everything you see in the images below!

Cheledonian_Weapons_1.jpg
    619 x 590 - 98K
    edited December 1969

I've released a new set of Facial Expressions Poses in the Barracks for my Anime Girl :)

There are 15 poses for a variety of facial expressions including;

Angry
    Confused
    Crying
    Excited
    Frowning
    Grimacing
    Kissing
    Laughing
    Giving the Raspberry
    Shocked/Suprised
    Smilling
    Sneering
    Winking
    Yawning
    Yelling

Plus a Default expression pose to return her face to it's default loaded expression! See below for some samples...

Enjoy!! :)

facial_expressions.jpg
    729 x 590 - 59K