importing daz figure in to maya

edited October 2012 in New Users

Hi!

What i need to do is to fill a theater i made in maya with a lot of people, so i decided to create all this people with daz studio.
i have daz studio 4 and maya 2012.

1, i need to import a LOT of figures. i am kind of new to maya and defintely new to daz. so here is my problem i decided to test the exportimport with a simple genesis model, i did it a as a FBX , Ascii 2012. but it looks like the pants and boots didnt quite work well, here is a image of my render, he is suposed to be sitten. what i am missing? what do i need to do to export it correctly, or to correct it?

2. Since i just need people sitting in the chairs, i would like to know which is the best format to export in to maya? how can i export a figure with less polygons?- i dont want my scene to be that heavy...300 daz figures must be very tedious to render. and to do!!! is there some kind of random multiplicator , that can save me the work of make a lot of different people?

is there any tutorial about this topic ? i failed at searching for some

thanks for your advices!

gensis_en_maya.jpeg
640 x 480 - 167K
Post edited by jochaxbu_rgag_8d277b3088 on

Comments

• MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

You need to learn how to do instancing in Maya, and not export 300 characters from DS to Maya

• edited December 1969

al right, but i need at least to export some models into maya and get them rendered right. so what do i need to do to see my character right? as you see the pants and boots look big and are not fit to the boddy. thanks

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

jochaxbu said:
    al right, but i need at least to export some models into maya and get them rendered right. so what do i need to do to see my character right? as you see the pants and boots look big and are not fit to the boddy. thanks

You can purchase the Decimator tool, which allows you to adjust the number of polys in the figure and clothing. It is not to hard to use and allows the user to control the level of detail. Then use the FBX Export tool to take the model to Maya.

Decimator

FBX Docs

This should help you get what you are after.

• newskinewski Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

You need to check your fbx export settings, something's wrong if the clothes don't match the figure. In FBX export options, enable Merge Clothing into Figure Skeleton. Also, make sure the clothing is conformed to the figure and that props aren't in the hierarchy.