Installing Bryce Masters Series, Cloud City and Other Bryce Content in Bryce Pro 7.

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I've only been using Bryce for just under a year,(<----- total noob :P) and have recently downloaded some free content. Primarily Cloud City and Bryce content 5 and 5.5 and fantastic metals2. First are these files usable in Bryce pro 7? second, should I install them here: C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\Bryce7, or or somewhere else? I can't seem to find anything online about this. Thanks :)</p>

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

They work in Bryce 7.1. You can install it wherever you want, provided you find it afterwards. I'm not sure whether it comes with some materials, those would have to be copied into the appropriate Bryce\Presets folder. If you have questions about that, here's a document that should answer all your questions: http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

• edited December 1969

Horo said:
    They work in Bryce 7.1. You can install it wherever you want, provided you find it afterwards. I'm not sure whether it comes with some materials, those would have to be copied into the appropriate Bryce\Presets folder. If you have questions about that, here's a document that should answer all your questions: http://www.horo.ch/docs/mine/pdf/BryceContent_v4.pdf

Thanks Horo, I was pretty sure they would work in 7.1 but it never hurts to ask. Ok, cool I'll put them in my Daz folder and copy anything into the presets folder when need be.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

With Win7 or Vista it's better not to install Bryce to Program Files (x86), as Windows protects those folders, and Bryce requires some content to be in subfolders of the application folder.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited October 2012

With Win7 or Vista it's better not to install Bryce to Program Files (x86), as Windows protects those folders, and Bryce requires some content to be in subfolders of the application folder.

FWIW, in my experience on Win7 if you have Bryce on a different drive then the OS like drive D for example then Win7 doesn't seem to mind if you install things into the Programfiles (x86) folder. Although as fixmypcmike says here above it does not like it when you do that in the drive the OS is on (usually Drive C). I have Bryce on Drive D and I install everything for it into the Bryce sub folder in Program Files (x86) and have not had any problems over the past year or so I've been running Win7.

Post edited by LordHardDriven on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,119
    edited December 1969

I think this is a question of preferences. I never install anything on C, it's reserved exclusively for the system. On D are text and graphics applications, on E programming languages and my web workspace, on F data, images, renders, documents, on G backups and workspace for Bryce content and on H a backup of the system. I have that organised in this way since Win 98. True backups are on the 6 network drives. If anything fails, there's only one drive to restore.

Others feel comfortable having everything on C.