To the pose experts ...

2»

Comments

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    Mattymanx said:
    I am a DS3 person. I have DS4, but I don't use it.

Do you have DS4 or DS4.5 ?

I ask cause I myself prefered DS3 over DS4 BUT DS4.5 is so much better then DS4 that I have yet to go back since I upgraded to DS4.5

I also ask because DS4 and DS4.5 render faster then DS3 does so you can do the same work in less tinme.

I prefer DS3, also.

I saved the files in my pose runtime, but I can't see them. I'll try again.

In DS3, you need to refresh your runtime.

Go to 'Edit > Preferences' then on the window that comes up go to the Directories tab, click on Advanced, then click on Accept in the smaller window and then clikc accept on the preferences window and that should hopefully do it.

If that does not work, double check that you are following the Runtime structure properly. For example...

"Runtime > Libraries > Pose > Folder name of choice"

Folder names in Red must be followed or it will not show up.

I am still doing something wrong ... lol.

I can see my subfolder in my contents tab, but nothing shows up in it. If I right click on it, I can see my dsa file and my png file. But I try to import it, it doesn't show up at all.

Thinking, maybe, it's because I saved it to my Poser runtime vs my DS runtime, I saved a copy of he file under my DS poses too. I can see the png, but nothing happens.

@#$*&^%$#@$%^&!!!!!!!!

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

[I am still doing something wrong ... lol.

I can see my subfolder in my contents tab, but nothing shows up in it. If I right click on it, I can see my dsa file and my png file. But I try to import it, it doesn't show up at all.

Thinking, maybe, it's because I saved it to my Poser runtime vs my DS runtime, I saved a copy of he file under my DS poses too. I can see the png, but nothing happens.

@#$*&^%$#@$%^&!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I was refering to PZ2 files only.

All DAZ Studio native files can be placed anywhere you want in the Content folder tree.

If you want a DSA Pose file to show up in the Runtime Library within DS3, you need to include a PZ2 file with the same name. The file can just be an empty file but as long as it has the same name and the proper extention, the DSA file will work from there.

So if you saved a file called "Partial_pose01.dsa" then the PZ2 file needs to be called "Partial_pose01.pz2"

But if you want to just use the Poser Runtime Library to save you files to and load from, then just use the Poser Format Exporter to save out all the partial poses since they will save as PZ2 files and load natively into DS anyways. Just remember, the PFE does not create Thumbnails so you will need to do that your self (91x91 render)

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

Mattymanx said:
    [I am still doing something wrong ... lol.

@#$*&^%$#@$%^&!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I was refering to PZ2 files only.

All DAZ Studio native files can be placed anywhere you want in the Content folder tree.

If you want a DSA Pose file to show up in the Runtime Library within DS3, you need to include a PZ2 file with the same name. The file can just be an empty file but as long as it has the same name and the proper extention, the DSA file will work from there.

So if you saved a file called "Partial_pose01.dsa" then the PZ2 file needs to be called "Partial_pose01.pz2"

But if you want to just use the Poser Runtime Library to save you files to and load from, then just use the Poser Format Exporter to save out all the partial poses since they will save as PZ2 files and load natively into DS anyways. Just remember, the PFE does not create Thumbnails so you will need to do that your self (91x91 render)

OK ... I'm getting closer ... lol. I used the PFE to export the pose as a pz2 file. I have a png that now shows in the content tab. But still, nothing happens when I try to aply the pose ....

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited October 2012

OK ... I'm getting closer ... lol. I used the PFE to export the pose as a pz2 file. I have a png that now shows in the content tab. But still, nothing happens when I try to aply the pose ....

When saving a pose with the PFE, please make sure that NO parented props are selected. If that doesn't work then please post step for step, your exact walk through to save a pose with the PFE???

Thank you! :)

Post edited by Mattymanx on